PRR........mow bridge work

Quote Originally Posted by evilcrow View Post
    PRR........mow bridge work
    Very nice shots!

Re post#1142 Mark1223

Thank you for the compliment Mark1223

evilcrow

PRR....freight shots

Nice Track ... what is it in PRR Screenshots ?
    ===========================

MP Track wood v2 <KUID2:69871:2004:2>

Philskene reskined this track, I suppose he contacted Josef Pav or Lotharhake of HP Trainz, in order to do so, as did Kemplen ?

I suppose if I wanted to reskin, and release, this track of his, that I would also need to contact him first.

As it is a chunky mesh track, it has a hump to the center, and most people do not use chunky mesh tracks anymore ... I was wondering if this reskining project of mine, MP Track wood v2, is a complete waste of time

Does it work in T:ANE ?

The reason I like Josef Pav's: MP Track wood, MP Track Rusty, MP Tunneltrack Dark, and Transition Track by Kemlen, is because it's framerates on a low end PC are fabulous, and it curves fabulously even in the tightest turnouts, without kinking.

I have tried hundreds of different tracks, and quite allot kink horribly in turnouts, and when you lay a 36 track yard the framerates come to a single digit crawl.

The best looking ones are RTS Tracks, and they kink and drop my framerates to 0.5 FPS, locking up my PC.

I want to reskin a set of tracks that are very low poly, and create the look of completely sunken ties, almost buried in cinders, and others that are completely sunk in cinders, dirt, iron ore, coal, or snow.

Is this a complete waste of time ... and is it possible to contact the original creator for permission ?

Does anyone know how to contact Posef Pav or Lotharhake ?

======================================

Having a low end PC does have one advantage ... as if you place a high poly asset, it shows like a barometer, by lowering the framerates to single digits ... telling you that the asset is high poly

Blog Entries

cascaderailroad ....... MP Track wood v2 <KUID2:69871:2004:2>
    This was also my track of choice till 2012 , and works well in TANE . I have searched like you for the great equilibrium between look, poly count , and curves and switches , Yards like the one you are working can easily eat up PC power .

But have tested all the MP tracks , and they work great in TANE 84204

Ken Again really nice shots , just cant say it enough . Fantastic work . Thanks for sharing .

Matt
    work hard, Play harder

Like I said I am searching for a set of tracks that are very very very low poly, and does not kink in turnouts, for 36 track yards, and create the look of completely sunken ties, almost buried in cinders, and others that are completely sunk in cinders, dirt, iron ore, coal, or snow.

Last edited by cascaderailroad; January 26th, 2017 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cascaderailroad View Post
    Like I said I am searching for a set of tracks that are very very very low poly, and does not kink in turnouts, for 36 track yards, and create the look of completely sunken ties, almost buried in cinders, and others that are completely sunk in cinders, dirt, iron ore, coal, or snow.
    Im case you didn't already know, ekankal has a few low poly track assets on the DLS, which make use of the look you desire in buried sleepers.

Just a thought here, in listening to the description of what your looking for in Tracks, re low poly, since you don't need to see the ties, would Dock Rails accomplish the same thing, and be less of a Poly Count?

Edit Update: OK cascaderailroad, was worth a shot........Hope Ekankal's track works then....
    Last edited by blueodessey; January 27th, 2017 at 02:33 AM.

I will have to check out Ekankal's track, I believe it is similar to roz and beton track I tested ... which has shadows that play with your eyes, shadows reversing every 4 ties, makes an optical illusion with your eyes, where you can not distinguish ties from ballast every so often (I reskined them once, and reversed the odd shadows)

I am really looking for a track that is filthy dirty, and even more almost totally sunk in the cinders, with just a hint of wood ties showing trough every so often

Even more partially sunken than this ... such as near steel mills

Quite allot of the PRR track was so greasy and grimy that it had 1/2' of filth crud attached to the tails and ties, and where coal and cinders accumulated after several decades the ties were barely visible, especially in coal yards

A rails only track would require much fine tuning to get the ground textures to look right, and I have never seen a respectable looking rails only track, as they look like UTC bar stock or round tubular rails
    Last edited by cascaderailroad; January 27th, 2017 at 02:50 AM.

RE Post #1145 cascaderailroad

Hello cascaderailroad,

The track used is from a pack by Maki user-kuid 202718. Get it from Polish Trainz Team http://www.trainz.pl/

Look for Tory/Lewary.........tory V3 maki and tory V3 maki...........you might also like tory drStrach by drstrach.

You will need to up-date config etc to TANE standards as tracks are TRS 2004.

Having done that, I lower the track to suit.

ps plenty of other excellent stuff at this site.

Cheers Ken

RE Post #1146 Railwoodman

Thank you for the compliment Matt.

Cheers Ken

Just a little something I made a while ago. I can't remember what route I used...i think it was a DMIX Paper route or something. I thought it looked good. I love these engines. They are so realistic and almost steam-punk.

Blog Entries

This is my choice of track , I'll get the kuid for anyone interested . But it has fit well with my expectation for my own work . But my other work , I've been using JointedRail track .

Ken the link you showed didn't work for me , but if this is the track shown in your shots ? I'm vary much interested in them .

More PRR

What I'm really needing is a good catenary the could be built up in complex areas . Georgefishers and RRSignal have a fantastic selection . But Gfishers is only made or release for four track , and RRSignal isn't to PRR spacing . And just can't get the right feel mix matching with other and older content .

The yard to the left is supposed to partially under cat , any suggestion are welcome . ( Except the one of doing it myself . I'm working on that one already )

Matt
    work hard, Play harder

Blog Entries

When you haft to go to the third page to find your favorite posting , been to long

Just keeping it fresh ..

Matt
    work hard, Play harder