USA Pics

I wouldn't have a clue why my shots aren't showing up for some of you, it might be something to do with the way they were uploaded, but I see no way to fix it.
Two more shots for those of you who can see them.
MRL M-L arrives in Livingston while a BNSF train with an SD60M leader is being prepped for a trip over the pass.
montanawestren_20150707_0001.jpg

montanawestren_20150707_0003.jpg

I don't see anything either. Maybe you should use "Host then Post."

[h=2]The Skagit River Railway

The Skagit River Railway was built by Seattle City Light to haul personnel and supplies to construction projects in the Skagit River Valley, about 140 miles northeast of Seattle. From the Great Northern railhead at Rockport, a 23-mile steam-powered division was completed by 1920 to the site of the Gorge powerhouse and dam at Newhalem.

The only route to the base of the next project, the Diablo Dam, was so steep (4-5%) and winding that steam power was impractical, so a 9-mile electrified division was built. Seven trolley freight locomotives and two electric box motors from defunct Seattle and Tacoma lines provided the motive power. Four classic wooden interurban cars from the Puget Sound Electric Railway and five more from the Oregon Electric were all demotorized and used as passenger trailers. The line had no electric-powered passenger cars, although they had two old J.G. Brill rail-buses for low-volume through service with the steam division.

In 1953 plans were drawn to replace the original Gorge Dam at Newhalem with a new higher dam which would flood most of the electric division's right-of-way. Rather than rebuild the line, Seattle City Light elected to use the almost-completed parallel highway (State Route 20). The Skagit River Railway became a memory, with its last train on April 4, 1954.[/h]

How about some Donner Pass? (since I finally scrapped up enough dough for it)

SP AC10 and AC3 doublehead a eastbound PFE express out of Roseville.

(Thanks to TrainzItalia and PaulzTrainz)

Last edited:
To make Donner Pass better would to use Jointedrail's gs-4s and his SP boxcars and PFE reefers. Maybe even his SP 4-10-2s.

Back