USA Pics

Its an export GE, not an Alco and it's Chinese, not 'Czech or European' (Czech is European!) and it may well be the darn sexiest bit of freeware ever made for Trainz....

Andy :)

Last edited:
OK - this is the USA Thread and this is a Chinese loco - but it is a US GE export design, captured on a US route, so what the heck...

chn-01.jpg

I think there might be a skin edit to a fictitious US leaser in the offing - shame about the left-hand control.....

Absolutely stunning model!

Andy ;)

From what I see on the translation to english is that the loco will not run in '04? Say it itn't so :'(

Dead easy fix for 04:

Download all six components and install in 04

Use TO to open the config for each and change the '-trainzbuild' tag to 2.4 in each config.

The only tricky part is in the loco config where the entire 'Bogie' container must be deleted (don't miss the two closing brackets })

Delete this bit:

bogeys {
1 {
reversed 0
bogey <kuid:276266:1069>
}
2 {
reversed 0
bogey <kuid:276266:1061>
}
}

and replace the deleted bit with these two lines:

bogey <kuid:276266:1069>
bogey-1 <kuid:276266:1061>

That's it - you even get the headlight 'beam', though not the coronas. There might be some other scripted stuff doesn't work, I haven't really tested them, but with those simple config changes they look great and run fine in TRS04...

andy :)

Last edited:
Dermmy to the rescue. I have to admit that this is one of the most realistic looking locomotives I've ever seen in trainz. I'll be downloading this one later. :D

Thanks for the tips Dermmy. I assumed others tried them out when I read their replies.

:wave:

Gisa ^^

Very true, George. I've said it before...but I'll say it again...add the draw distance problem to that one. It just doesn't work like its claimed to. :(

Cheers,
Fred

Back