Bad News

dragonharh

Acount Deleted
I have some bad news the new route I was working is lost my hard drive failed and I lost 200 files or more.:'( :'(
so the route is gone and all my work too. but I'm plaing on staring over and will make the truro canada route for the 3th time.:cool:
I let you know wend I have more news on the rebilebing or the route

The old "battle cry" is Backup to Disc !!! It does not take much effort and saves a lot of anquish. The catch word with Trainz is BACKUP.
We have all lost data but it can be limited by regularly backing up.
Best of luck with your continued effort but this time - Backup !!

Ron

The old "battle cry" is Backup to Disc !!! It does not take much effort and saves a lot of anquish. The catch word with Trainz is BACKUP.
We have all lost data but it can be limited by regularly backing up.
Best of luck with your continued effort but this time - Backup !!

Ron

Thanks I will Too
I'm going to use a flase drive

An old adage is that hard drives have 2 states, those that have failed, and those that are about to fail. BACKUP !!!

Thanks I will Too
I'm going to use a flase drive
I am not at all sure a flash drive (I assume that is what you meant) will last you very long.I may be wrong but I think the biggest are about 8Gb.In my experience trainz will fill that up quite quickly.The other alternatives are to back up to USB HDD or burn to DVD/CD.
Regards Bruce

Sorry for the loss as frustrating as it is.

Its happened to all of us and serves as an educational to "Backup"

Learn from the route building experience and create a much better route.

How true I did not think to back it up. I gess it gose to say try try aegn !
I'm stell going to make the route and holp to have it started soon funny thing I the one who tell those to back up there routes well I shode take my oney avices too. thank for the the notes gays!
well round 3
I going make the route the for the 3th time:D :D

HI I have four NFTS hard drive with raid 5 total 2 terabyte on our home server running linux OS separate drive alone, not worry one drive fail rest three work until replace it soon as possible, I save cdp and route to server if case!?! before I got home server,I had happen my drive fail and lost my download files! :'( I have to searched the file which I want to get my list on last time to save on fail drive, it gave me pain my a** also you better to get backup usb or second hd with slave jumper you can transfer from save file to second or more drives! I had doing it all the time!!!
John F.
A+ CompTIA certify

Yes, RAID is a good idea, as is having trainz on a separate drive from windows and just copying the whole trainz folder to the windows drive.

RAID and copying to another physical hard disk both guard against some possible causes of lost or corrupted data. Each of those is far better than having no backups at all.

However, IMHO backing up to writable optical disks (CD or DVD) guards against far more potential disasters, including problems which aren't noticed for some time. FWIW my advice is to either use write-once optical disks (+/-R), or at least three rotating sets of rewritable optical disks (+/-RW). Optical disks are very inexpensive and you can never have too many backups.

John

What files needs to be backuped
These folders and everything inside them:

TRS2004 - assets you've created yourself - C:\Program Files\Auran\TRS2004\World\Dispatcher\Custom

TRS2004 - assets you've downloaded - C:\Program Files\Auran\TRS2004\World\Dispatcher\Downloads

TRS2006 - C:\Program Files\Auran\TRS2006\local

TC - C:\Program Files\Auran\TC\local (I think; experts please correct me if my guess is wrong)

John

Thank you that gart I run Trainz2006 and What a bout Trainz Classics
Will that backup all downlaoded files too for TR2006?

Back