Tried to create route in KRS

jeffmorris

I tried to create the NYCTA subway system in UK version of KRS but I had problems with KRS track system. The KRS track system is not made from true splines so if the track "sections" are off by just one millimeter, they won't "snap" together. Auran Trainz is still the best program to create new routes because the Trainz track system is made from true splines. I think that it's easier to create content for Trainz than for KRS. I felt sad when I found out that the Auran company ran into financial problems due to poor sales and reviews of the "Fury" game. I cried when I found out that Auran laid off a few employees who worked on Trainz software when they closed the part of the company that worked on the Fury software and laid off the people who worked on Fury software. I DON'T want the Trainz part of the company to suffer due to problems with the Fury part of the company.

Hi,

Don't worry Trainz is still going strong and we have many new features coming up in the new TC3, which is our main development at the moment. We are busy at the moment but it should be a good year for Trainz.

All the best

Aidan - Co-Producer/Lead Programmer - Trainz Team Auran

Good on ya Aiden, keep nose to grindstone, I know TC3 will be the best yet, and all the best for you guys for 2008, I know it will be your best ever !!!

Aidan, After TRS2006 was released, Auran was supposed to create the next version of Trainz called "Rail Simulator Pro" (I think) but it was cancelled after Auran ran into problems. I knew that Microsoft cancelled MSTS2 while Kuju was developing that program. I think that Electronic Arts announced their own train simulator after Kuju asked EA about helping them finish developing the program and since KRS was very similar to MSTS2, I was not sure about buying KRS until I downloaded the KRS demo and tried it out. The demo didn't let me create new routes and after watching videos of the KRS World Editor, I thought that I was able to create new routes in KRS but I had problems with the KRS track system. The "ruler" in KRS is just a thin white line that disappears when I do something else. The dialog box for creating dynamic track in MSTS is better than using the mouse to "draw" track in KRS. When creating curved track in KRS, the status bar displays the length of arc instead of angle of arc.

Aidan, After TRS2006 was released, Auran was supposed to create the next version of Trainz called "Rail Simulator Pro" (I think) but it was cancelled after Auran ran into problems.

Now, this is just pure speculation, with no official reports or backing to support it, but I believe RSP was cancelled a while before TRS2006 was released. Why? Because TRS2006 was originally the expansion pack that Greg Lane named in the RSP plan, before it became a standalone product. So I don't think it's too much of a stretch to imagine that it was made a standalone product because of RSP being cancelled.

Okay, speculation over :)

On another note....isn't this in the wrong forum? :confused:

Hi,

Don't worry Trainz is still going strong and we have many new features coming up in the new TC3, which is our main development at the moment. We are busy at the moment but it should be a good year for Trainz.

All the best

Aidan - Co-Producer/Lead Programmer - Trainz Team Auran

I would really like to hear a bit more about these new features; just some tidbits of info will do.

Aidan - Decent sound Please!

Aidan, can you assure me that there will be decent sound in TC3?
Thanks,
Mick Berg.

Hi Mike,

Sound will be better I don't know what you call decent sound. We will have a new may of generating the sound of a steam locomotive and sounds associated with steam locomotives. As for the diesel breather Their sound will not be fix in the TC3 but we do intend to look at it not long after TC3 is complete.

All the best

Aidan

Back