UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Oh, sounds like the model is still under testing. I just wondered when they'd become available to the Trainz community.

Rob.
The plan is to make the 10 E22's from the later 1893 series as well as making all 20 E22's (early and late) available in LNER black. I don't know if they will be available in the later post war GER grey livery (which I don't care much for anyway).
I haven't heard from Connor recently, but I suppose he will be in touch soon enough. I've asked him about doing a GER Class '209' (Y5) for me next.

One of the ex-Windweather Tramway tram engines has leaking boiler tubes so Moxbury shed has loaned the Tenpenny branch E22 No.150 while it's undergoing repairs. "Don't get too comfortable with it, - we want it back", is what the Moxbury shed foreman told the Tenpenny Wharf shed foreman by all accounts.

I've been revising the passenger schedule for the Tenpenny branch with a new service from Tenpenny Wharf to Mosston on Sea and then through to Windweather via the southern side of the Windweather Loop Line. - and with no roadside running a tram engine isn't needed for that.

CeCj46u.jpg

OXCpfnt.jpg

mk1D8dv.jpg

iz8Hn0I.jpg

Last edited:
One of the ex-Windweather Tramway tram engines has leaking boiler tubes so Moxbury shed has loaned the Tenpenny branch E22 No.150 while it's undergoing repairs. "Don't get too comfortable with it, - we want it back", is what the Moxbury shed foreman told the Tenpenny Wharf shed foreman by all accounts.

I've been revising the passenger schedule for the Tenpenny branch with a new service from Tenpenny Wharf to Mosston on Sea and then through to Windweather via the southern side of the Windweather Loop Line. - and with no roadside running a tram engine isn't needed for that.

CeCj46u.jpg

OXCpfnt.jpg

mk1D8dv.jpg

iz8Hn0I.jpg
These screenshots are excellent Annie!! When it comes to the GER, NOBODY Knows it better than you!! :D (y)

Over here in the Midwest, it's absolutely freezing today! Think I'll share these screenshots from the Welney and Umneth Tramway during the early transitional phase of the LNER.

KdMrKI4.jpg

pRJlRnS.jpg

3J3MBDv.jpg

8PuVjKz.jpg

Another new signal box finished. This one based on the GER box from Rayne. I like the half brick half timber construction. A great deal of "artistic license" was used as we only had one photo to work from.
Nicely done too George. If only the chap with the camera back in the 1950s had nipped around the other side of the signal box and taken another snap it would have made the task a lot easier for you.

Burton allocated 2F heads up a loaded train from the Derbyshire pottery and brickworks with another member of the class.
Double headed Deeley rebuilt 2F's - now there's a sight to soothe sore eyes.

These screenshots are excellent Annie!! When it comes to the GER, NOBODY Knows it better than you!! :D (y)
Doing your best to make me blush Tanker? Once ultramarine blue gets under your skin it's hard to shake it off. ☺️

Over here in the Midwest, it's absolutely freezing today! Think I'll share these screenshots from the Welney and Umneth Tramway during the early transitional phase of the LNER.
It's been too long since I last visited the Welney and Umneth Tramway, - thanks for the reminder. Make sure you wear your big coat and gloves Tanker, - stay warm 🥶

KdMrKI4.jpg

pRJlRnS.jpg

3J3MBDv.jpg

8PuVjKz.jpg
Oh wow, absolutely beautiful frosty pics!

Nicely done too George. If only the chap with the camera back in the 1950s had nipped around the other side of the signal box and taken another snap it would have made the task a lot easier for you.

Double headed Deeley rebuilt 2F's - now there's a sight to soothe sore eyes.

Doing your best to make me blush Tanker? Once ultramarine blue gets under your skin it's hard to shake it off. ☺️

It's been too long since I last visited the Welney and Umneth Tramway, - thanks for the reminder. Make sure you wear your big coat and gloves Tanker, - stay warm 🥶
I enjoyed the challenge of filling in the blanks. But it certainly is a shame that so much railway infrastructure wasn't photographed before demolition.

I must admit I have a real soft spot for the 2Fs now.

The detail on those trucks is truly staggering pilotwoo.

Many thanks for the GER buildings George / Annie....they're charming and are going into my WIP wherever I can find an excuse.

Meanwhile some random Dearnbyshire:
dityke9.jpg

CQFBm8r.jpg

66iBWoU.jpg

Y9blxy4.jpg
Wonderful shots! 🤎
Many thanks for using one of my BR Stirling repaints too, that is very nice to see. 😊

Some nice image composition in here. And whoever built these routes, the landscaping looks grand.

Those little Great Eastern 0-6-0 bring to mind the first ever hard cover model railway book I bought back in the 1980s.
The Encyclopedia of Model Railroads published by Peerage Books (it is sitting right here because I might build a small route from one of its several track plans), and the story and the why of that book getting from the UK to a bookstore in the USA I do not know.
Anyway ...
Pages 128 to 133 feature scratchbuilding a GER 2-4-0 T26 class mixed traffic locomotive designed by James Holden (the real one was) in OO scale in brass.
It is an attractive little thing in that blue with lining and is partly to blame for me quickly growing to like UK steam. (y)

Last edited:
Some nice image composition in here. And whoever built these routes, the landscaping looks grand.

Those little Great Eastern 0-6-0 bring to mind the first ever hard cover model railway book I bought back in the 1980s.
The Encyclopedia of Model Railroads published by Peerage Books (it is sitting right here because I might build a small route from one of its several track plans), and the story and the why of that book getting from the UK to a bookstore in the USA I do not know.
Anyway ...
Pages 128 to 133 feature scratchbuilding a GER 2-4-0 T26 class mixed traffic locomotive designed by James Holden (the real one was) in OO scale in brass.
It is an attractive little thing in that blue with lining and is partly to blame for me quickly growing to like UK steam. (y)
Ed Heaps (Edh6) has made a very nice GER T26 <kuid2:403746:2536:1> GER Holden T26 - Blue
He has also made a number of other GER engines for Trainz that are superb examples of digital model making.

Look what I found in my Inbox this morning, - thank you very kindly George.

Ies8EeR.jpg

Somewhere I've seen photos of that style of little shunter with the flywheel, can't remember the name of it but am certain it was seen on either or both Railpictures dot net or on Flickr.

Different yet similar, https://www.railpictures.net/photo/337866/

Oh, almost forgot about this website, http://www.douglas-self.com/MUSEUM/LOCOLOCO/onecylinder/onecylinder.htm
Note that some locos have a normal connecting rod connecting the wheels while others have what at first glance looks like a connecting rod but it connects the axles.

Note that bit of importance about the style, https://doriccolumns.wordpress.com/harbour-history/harbour-quays/blackies-quay/

The Locomotive in the Image is an Aveling & Porter Traction/Locomotiver Steam Shunter: it is an 0-4-0WT Compound Locomotive with an enclosed Cab, Steam Brake & Flywheel. They were basically Traction Engines with Flanged Wheels & no Steering. Their advantages were that they were cheap to Manufacture (& to Design in the 1st place) & they could be Operated with minimal Training by someone who was familiar with Traction Engines.

Last edited:
Somewhere I've seen photos of that style of little shunter with the flywheel, can't remember the name of it but am certain it was seen on either or both Railpictures dot net or on Flickr.

Different yet similar, https://www.railpictures.net/photo/337866/

Oh, almost forgot about this website, http://www.douglas-self.com/MUSEUM/LOCOLOCO/onecylinder/onecylinder.htm
Note that some locos have a normal connecting rod connecting the wheels while others have what at first glance looks like a connecting rod but it connects the axles.

Note that bit of importance about the style, https://doriccolumns.wordpress.com/harbour-history/harbour-quays/blackies-quay/
It's an Aveling & Porter geared locomotive with a chain final drive to its wheels. It's based on the traction engines Aveling & Porter made for road haulage and agricultural use. That particular one in my screenshot is a model based on one of the two small Aveling & Porter locomotives that worked on the Brill branch that was eventually leased by the Metropolitan Railway. Fortunately one of the pair was save for preservation and can now be seen at the London Transport Museum.
The pictures of the Aveling & Porter locomotives you linked to are much larger and heavier compound locomotives.

https://www.railwayarchive.org.uk/getobject?rnum=L2565

https://www.railwayarchive.org.uk/getobject?rnum=L2562

The model itself was made by Steve Flanders, though I've fettled it a bit and it now has the sound files and engine spec I made especially for single cylinder locomotives. It's a lot of fun to drive on the advanced steam controls and is quite capable despite its small size.

Ed Heaps (Edh6) has made a very nice GER T26 <kuid2:403746:2536:1> GER Holden T26 - Blue
He has also made a number of other GER engines for Trainz that are superb examples of digital model making.

Look what I found in my Inbox this morning, - thank you very kindly George.

Ies8EeR.jpg
Those are VERY excellent plank wagons Annie! I hope they find their way to the DLS one day - I'd love for the Umneth Tramway to be under the employ of Kotanga General Merchants! :D

More peddling around with the S&C after a very busy work week. This time turning back the clocks a bit to the era of the LMS and capturing one of the S&C's most frequent loco classes - the LNWR G2A Super D!

6Txcfhd.jpg

I recently discovered that the Super D's rarely carried numberplates on their smokeboxes - even in BR Service! I find this odd and interesting, but I haven't been able to find a reason as to why this was the case.
u9wak2u.jpg

TvLaBNd.jpg
rLvFJP0.jpg

J1rPfpG.jpg

Either way, I have No. 9402 slogging it out on the grade near Appleby West on a mixed merchandise train to Skipton and beyond. Unlike a lot of the other 0-8-0s that frequented the S&C like the Q6 Class, the Super D's spent a lot more time hauling mixed goods trains rather than long lines of mineral wagons. 9402 is hauling a general merchandise and fish train mix. It passes LNER C1 Atlantic No.3274 as it proceeds through the down platform. The Ivatt C1 is deputizing for another Atlantic, probably a C7 that failed at York Shed.. Regardless, the Ivatt C1s are still very much in their prime here - not unlike the Super Ds!

nzGwHSr.jpg

5AvOjbx.jpg

Last edited:
Aw man, TANE's Manage Content - Download Station, says "Status Incompatible". :(
In the Asset Details thumbnail it is a great looking loco.

As it happens, I have gotten a bunch of Ed's 2ft gauge cars and locos over the last couple years, they are nice.

Some new arrivals to the Midlands.

1st is 2792 - Leicester Midland allocated Crab from Gary at GP Locomotives.

2nd is a new reskin from me, Castle Soap Works of Ashby, PO 12T vans.

Crabs were regularly seen on the Leicester - Burton line with almost daily "Beer expresses" taking thousands of barrels from the breweries in Burton-upon-Trent to London to keep the inns and pubs well stocked.

Apparently you could smell the malt as it flew through the stations.

Vw2btat.jpeg

VI2TVQr.jpeg

iNt60R8.jpeg

Good Afternoon All!

MR 1F and 2F work a nice collection of Leicestershire and South Derbyshire PO wagons around the goods yard. A couple of Kotanga wagons have made their way over from Norfolk too!

ghjjxoe.jpg

zrRRu8f.jpg

MzAYa0f.jpg

I also decided to put all of my finished building together for one big photo since its been 2 months since I started making scenery assets.
A huge thanks to Annie, none of the GER buildings would have been possible without your in depth research, attention to detail and encouragement.

This collection is equally credited to you.

4iZKUv4.jpg

I also decided to put all of my finished building together for one big photo since its been 2 months since I started making scenery assets.
A huge thanks to Annie, none of the GER buildings would have been possible without your in depth research, attention to detail and encouragement.

This collection is equally credited to you.
Gosh George thanks, - didn't we do well. Seeing everything all together in one place is a real 'Wow!' moment. Up until now the only genuine GER buildings for Trainz, - though in LNER colours, - were Rumour3's model of Hadham signal box. and his models of the GER 1865 design stations at Clare and North Weald. Jay Holland's nice looking 'GER' Stickney station is actually a GNR station so that one has to be crossed off the list unfortunately.
Now thanks to George's increasingly good 3d modelling skills it's now possible to successfully model a GER branchline or light railway station and its goods yard. I'm not sure what's coming next as I'll need to go back and search though my library and the GER Society's resources to see what I can find.

Back