UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Absolutely glorious shots Neville and Pilotwoo!

You're very welcome for the GER content Neville.

Annie made a key discovery today about the official colour scheme for GER and in light of that we've been doing some reskinning! Not uploaded yet but after Annie has given them a good look over they should be up in a couple of days.

All the buildings in this shot are a part of the new collection.

UqtaUQZ.jpg

Absolutely glorious shots Neville and Pilotwoo!

You're very welcome for the GER content Neville.

Annie made a key discovery today about the official colour scheme for GER and in light of that we've been doing some reskinning! Not uploaded yet but after Annie has given them a good look over they should be up in a couple of days.

All the buildings in this shot are a part of the new collection.

UqtaUQZ.jpg
I must agree, excellent screenshots from Neville and Pilotwoo.

George's GER branchline is now looking a lot better after tracking down the correct colour specifications for GER buildings. I might belong to the GER Society, but sometimes finding out information for the pre-grouping era can be a lot like pulling teeth. At least it's properly done now and that's the main thing.

some more pictures of Knotty wagons in their LMS Liveries, hope to be seeing them available for purchases as soon as they’ve been properly tested and bug fixed. :)
Very Nice Shots Barn! I've been experimenting with different LMS Locos to pull these outstanding wagons but can't seem to settle on one!

Think I like this though - a Stanier "Lobster" 5P4F 2-6-0 Mogul outside of Kidsgrove!

ISQG8og.jpg
D66QeYJ.jpg
6sWVvMy.jpg

A few more. A Sleepy Sunday morning at Harecastle Station when an odd visitor - a Furness L2 Class Radial Tank - runs around a small train of NSR Pottery and Assorted Wares for a special buyer. Although Furness locos never venture this far away from Barrow, this one was brought in on a goods train the night before by a special interest to move a special order of pottery for delivery to a nearby manor.
nr9AIyF.jpg

9ZD4pYf.jpg
1oJ4mg1.jpg
qA6Pxdl.jpg
r6RifUN.jpg

CUBViYX.jpg
hwD0Eq9.jpg

Very Nice Shots Barn! I've been experimenting with different LMS Locos to pull these outstanding wagons but can't seem to settle on one!

Think I like this though - a Stanier "Lobster" 5P4F 2-6-0 Mogul outside of Kidsgrove!

ISQG8og.jpg
D66QeYJ.jpg
6sWVvMy.jpg
Nice screenshots Tanker, but are the Stanier Mogul 2-6-0s really called 'lobsters' or is it something you've decided to call them?
Also, those are some beautifully crafted detailed trucks/wagons

Nice screenshots Tanker, but are the Stanier Mogul 2-6-0s really called 'lobsters' or is it something you've decided to call them?
Also, those are some beautifully crafted detailed trucks/wagons
Thanks for the compliments on the Wagons! My friend Barney will be releasing them pretty soon for everyone to enjoy!

As far as I know, the Stanier 5P4Fs were called "Lobsters", but not by everyone. The LMS Hughes Mogul was affectionately known by Horwich Engine Crew and Trainspotters as "Crabs" and from what I understand the Stanier Mogul was supposed to be the next step in development of the Crabs that eventually lead to the creation of the Stanier Black Fives. I believe that calling them "Lobsters" was probably a reference by either Horwich Crews and trainspotters based on the fact it's essentially a superior improvement of the Crabs the way we view Lobsters as fancier than Crabs.

It's a very similar situation to the nickname of the LBSCR N15x 4-6-0s. Some of the crews of Eastleigh and Basingstoke nicknamed them "South Pats" due to the similarity they bore to the original design of LMS Patriots after they will be rebuilt from tank engines. The nickname never caught on a wide scale and as a result it was lost to time. The only reason I learned about it was from an old Ex-BR Steam Driver who worked out of Eastleigh at a time where the N15x still operated between Eastleigh, Bournemouth and Basingstoke.

I must profess that I am not very knowledgeable about the LMS - I mainly work with Southern Equipment as it's my field of interest. I could be wrong but from what I could gather this may have been the case.

They do look outstanding though, don't they?

pqADPdv.jpg

Thanks for the compliments on the Wagons! My friend Barney will be releasing them pretty soon for everyone to enjoy!

As far as I know, the Stanier 5P4Fs were called "Lobsters", but not by everyone. The LMS Hughes Mogul was affectionately known by Horwich Engine Crew and Trainspotters as "Crabs" and from what I understand the Stanier Mogul was supposed to be the next step in development of the Crabs that eventually lead to the creation of the Stanier Black Fives. I believe that calling them "Lobsters" was probably a reference by either Horwich Crews and trainspotters based on the fact it's essentially a superior improvement of the Crabs the way we view Lobsters as fancier than Crabs.

It's a very similar situation to the nickname of the LBSCR N15x 4-6-0s. Some of the crews of Eastleigh and Basingstoke nicknamed them "South Pats" due to the similarity they bore to the original design of LMS Patriots after they will be rebuilt from tank engines. The nickname never caught on a wide scale and as a result it was lost to time. The only reason I learned about it was from an old Ex-BR Steam Driver who worked out of Eastleigh at a time where the N15x still operated between Eastleigh, Bournemouth and Basingstoke.

I must profess that I am not very knowledgeable about the LMS - I mainly work with Southern Equipment as it's my field of interest. I could be wrong but from what I could gather this may have been the case.

They do look outstanding though, don't they?

pqADPdv.jpg
Perhaps

Excellent screenshots George.

As nice as it is to see a train of newly minted 7 plank PO wagons for Trainz I'm absolutely loving your Way & Works Dept train with the grubby elderly 2F in charge of proceedings.

Very Nice Screenshots George! Getting some real mileage out of the LNWR Cauliflower eh?

I'm also a huge fan of those shots of the Austin 7! They were developed as Midland Railway design versions of the LNWR G2A Super D but never really lived up to the legacy that the Super Ds held. Nevertheless, they were pretty impressive looking locomotives! They remind me of the L&Y Class 31s with their sleek bulky design and their stylish bogie tenders.

In the vein of my last South London post, I wanted to cover the other Class of LNER Locomotives that ran express trains on Southern Metals - the V2s!

sAF9IWY.jpg

Just as Stewart's Lane received a compliment of Thompson B1 Class locomotives as stand ins for their stricken Pacifics, Nine Elms Steam Shed (70A) receive a compliment of six Gresley V2 Class locomotives to cover for their loss of express power. Unlike the locomotive roster at 73A, the shed of Nine Elms had more than half of the entire Merchant Navy Class allocated to it's shed. Originally, the Eastern Region was ready to send another twenty V2 Class members to South London to cover the remaining loss, but the Midland Region's surprise allocation of seven Black Fives and three Standard Fives cut that idea short.

Unlike the B1s, the V2s were extremely well liked by the Nine Elms Crews. Their capacity for fast running, versatility of duty, and stability while at high speed made them favorites of crews running nonstop from London to Bournemouth. After a few minor modifications to qualify them for running expresses, many of the V2s found themselves running the Pullman Trains the way that the Pacifics once did.

Here in one such case, V2 No.60916 is operating a Bournemouth-bound Pullman Train out of (as of now, still under construction!) Victoria Station. At the beginning of their use on these trains, the Headboards had not been applied due to their lack of a lamp iron situated on the smokebox door. A few months into their use on the Pullman Trains and this modification was made and no longer were they headboard-less.

Ib0hK6Q.jpg

When it came time for them to be called home, many of the crews were reluctant to part with the V2s and requested they stay on a bit longer. 60916 was one of these locomotives and ended up staying about a month later than many of it's brethren, returning to Peterborough, New England Shed on June 28, 1953. It carried on in service until it's scrapping in the August of 1964. Oddly enough, this was one of the only V2 Class members to not be scrapped on it's home region, but rather met it's end at Swindon Works of all places! I'm not sure how it made it down there or what it was doing when they withdrew it from service, but it seems like this particular V2 had a thirst for adventure that could never be slated!

EFyfDJF.jpg

Good looking screenshots Tanker and interesting historical notes to go with them as well. :)

Latest model building from Georgeworks. A GER weighbridge office based on the one at Chelmsford.

TKduIBS.jpg
Very nice new buildings Annie! I completely agree with Neville - the minor details ALWAYS make for an amazing display!

Been doing some scenery detailing on the SL between Anerley and Penge West, chocking these up to trainspotting.

laZyKKH.jpg
jarPm2I.jpg
TrEt9S3.jpg

This is just as I figure out how you post images in these new forums...still don't know how :confused:
BBCode in Imgur works fine Andrew. It's how I post my own screenshots and it works Ok.

Very nice new buildings Annie! I completely agree with Neville - the minor details ALWAYS make for an amazing display!
The weighbridge office is a simple little building, but with the detailing George put into it it really shines.

Been doing some scenery detailing on the SL between Anerley and Penge West, chocking these up to trainspotting.
A little trainspotting never hurt anybody, - have fun Tanker.

I was doing some trainspotting myself on the Tenpenny branch.

ZLP0GZe.jpg

@KotangaGirl

Nice GER shots! Has the new GER E22 model faded into obscurity?

Rob.
The E22's are still around Rob and are mostly working around Moxbury and out to the western half of the layout. After doing various modifications on the Tenpenny branch I need to do some testing and with the (faux imaginary) tram engines being to hand at Tenpenny shed I grabbed one, gave it some coaches and ran it about up and down the branchline.

The E22's are still around Rob and are mostly working around Moxbury and out to the western half of the layout. After doing various modifications on the Tenpenny branch I need to do some testing and with the (faux imaginary) tram engines being to hand at Tenpenny shed I grabbed one, gave it some coaches and ran it about up and down the branchline.
Oh, sounds like the model is still under testing. I just wondered when they'd become available to the Trainz community.

Rob.

Back