UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Pushing the boundaries to the limit on this as BR blue shouldn't be in this thread, apologies in advance...

Visiting Deltic 55019 Royal Highland Fusilier at a diesel gala:
XpfaUUO.jpg

5bQFmCy.jpg

vAFsiUr.jpg

HKnwrGy.jpg

T7GCdya.jpg

xdAFTta.jpg

d6xxhjN.jpg

D9q4eNR.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Last edited:
Whether or not it’s in Rail Blue, anything related to the Deltic is always welcome from me! (Without a doubt, my favorite class of diesel locomotive, hands down - looks a whole lot better than the passenger diesels we have running in Yankee Land.) Excellent shots, Parker!

I think we're open minded enough to accept a Deltric PLP. One of the few diesels I can actually stand the sight of.

Still useless sleepy, but I've started to get my updated version of TLBlade's Lickey route sorted out to be DLS friendly. It's mostly based on 25inch to the mile OS maps and old photos and is a representation of the early LMS period. It's not perfect and I had to make compromises or else I would have ended up ripping up the whole thing and having to start from scratch.

Claughton at Bromsgrove South Box. The turntable is present on the 1927 OS map. Pointwork has been revised using period photos as a guide so that correct banking movements are now possible.

rwkCwMh.jpg

CiZonbC.jpg

2P approaching Blackwell station. The goods yard here has been revised according to the 1927 map.

9rHEmRk.jpg

LbAFxaB.jpg

Red Claughton at Bromsgrove South. The goods yard at Bromsgrove has been completely rebuilt. I've used S&C buildings to replace the TLBlade originals as while they aren't completely correct they are Midland Railway buildings.

rmdMASy.jpg

Last edited:
Stunning set of screenshots Annie, particularly love the choice of locomotives, I am really going to have to get that Claughton from Paul, especially the unlined black one. Your remodeling of the Lickey is excellent work. Especially the signalling and the small details such as the midland railway fencing.

Regards,

George

Thanks very much George. The red Claughton is a bit out of the time period as they weren't red for very long, but I just like it. The black ones are more the thing as Claughtons were transferred to the Midland division after the Royal Scot 4-6-0's were built.

Speaking of diesels, do you know if anyone has modelled the LMS 10000 and 10001 diesels?

There's a pair of very old models on the DLS, but that's the only ones I know of.

Speaking of Claughtons I've been working on a better 4 cylinder sound file for them, but it's not finished yet.

re post #5289 KotangaGirl
Good luck with the 4 cylinder sound file.
Very hard to replicate in Trainz.
A good addition from Annie will be most welcome.
Good show Annie.

Cheers, Ken

Great shots of your adjustments to Lickey, Annie. Nice work! :cool:

I also enjoyed your short video of the Claughton audio file. It sounds just right to me.

Regards,
Gary

It's funny that TLBlades Lickey Route has come up as I was using it a couple of weeks back to test some automatic rear banker script rules.

See https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?143793-Driver-commands-to-support-uncoupled-rear-assistance-of-train-up-steep-grades

Unfortunately they would not work on the route, possibly because of all the multiple track assets it uses. I looked up some period photos of the area and realised there was quite a lot of errors with the route, and decided it probably needed a rebuild. I could knock out a DEM model with maps if anyone was sufficiently interested in taking it on? I have rather too many projects as it is!

It's funny that TLBlades Lickey Route has come up as I was using it a couple of weeks back to test some automatic rear banker script rules.

See https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?143793-Driver-commands-to-support-uncoupled-rear-assistance-of-train-up-steep-grades

Unfortunately they would not work on the route, possibly because of all the multiple track assets it uses. I looked up some period photos of the area and realised there was quite a lot of errors with the route, and decided it probably needed a rebuild. I could knock out a DEM model with maps if anyone was sufficiently interested in taking it on? I have rather too many projects as it is!

I managed to install the missing junctions at Bromsgrove South as well as restore Blackwell to the 1927 plan. There were some strange faults around Blackwell that sometimes brought AI trains to a halt, but in the end I managed to eliminate those. My rebuild is still a compromise, but at least it's possible to send a banking engine back down the incline in a prototypical fashion. Lacking your skills I had to accept a stop to uncouple on the flat at Blackwell, but at least I could send off the banking engines after uncoupling and know they would end up in the right place.
My main interest is with the GER and the GWR Broad Gauge with Lickey just being a bit of a diversion so I wouldn't really like to put my hand up for a copy of a DEM map; - not when I still have two Broad Gauge projects in need of finishing off, but perhaps another member of our merry little band might like to take it on.

Great shots of your adjustments to Lickey, Annie. Nice work!
acool.gif

I also enjoyed your short video of the Claughton audio file. It sounds just right to me.

Regards,
Gary

Thanks very much Gary.

re post #5289 KotangaGirl
Good luck with the 4 cylinder sound file.
Very hard to replicate in Trainz.
A good addition from Annie will be most welcome.
Good show Annie.

Cheers, Ken

Thanks Ken. I don't really know what I'm doing, but then I didn't really know what I was doing with the Aveling & Porter and Foden geared locos either and they turned out alright.

Last edited:
LMS Hughes 4-6-4T Dreadnaught Tank - Paulztrainz

Good evening everyone,

Today is an exciting day. Three new engines in my engine shed. Paul (barn700) from http://www.paulztrainz.myenet.info/ has finished my commissioned Hughes 4-6-4T, and what a exceptional job he has done.

A little bit of a background info.

The Hughes 4-6-4T was designed for the L&YR, initially with an order for 30 locomotives. They were not built until the formation of the LMS and only 10 were finally constructed in 1924 (11110-11119). Despite being a fast, powerful and impressive looking locomotives they were not particularly successful due to their hungry coal consumption (up to 44lbs per mile!!) and heavy weight. They did however serve for a number of years for LMS. They were rated 5P. The final loco to be retired was 11110 in 1942. The remaining 20 on order were built as 4-6-0 Class 8s.

They had 4 cylinders 6ft 3inch drivers and produced an impressive 28,880 lbf tractive effort.

They were nicknamed the Dreadnaught tanks, as they shared the same boiler as the L&YR Class 8 4-6-0 Dreadnaught tender locomotives.

In service it was not uncommon for them to pull 10-13 coaches on the Manchester - Blackpool services. The driver would commonly be seen hanging out of the cab even at speed as the visibility over the tank and that gigantic boiler was so restricted!

In terms of liveries they were mainly turned out on LMS unlined black, probably 3 wore the smart Crimson Lake livery and one (maybe two) wore the lined black. (Locomotive Liveries of the LMS 1967 - JENKINSON D & ESSERY R J)

I'd like to say a huge thank you to Paul for working with me and being incredibly patient with all my requests.
I'd also like to thank Annie (KotangaGirl), who directed me to the L&YR Society, who provided me with some very interesting information and photos of these locos in service.

I have made an engine spec to replicate the workings of this loco accurately (from information provided to me from L&YR Society regarding performance) please message me if you want a copy. With a light train they could reach impressive speeds of 70mph, and even with a train of 10 coaches they could achieve 60mph.

And please contact Paul if you want these stunning locos! It will only be available from him! It will not be on the website but feel free to email him, email found on his website.

I personally think this must be one of the most impressive looking tank locomotive to ever run in Britain. Fortunately they have no line restriction in Trainz!! So enjoy!

Now for the shots!!

bSN18kv.jpg

YKwvUKW.jpg

Ivz9gXp.jpg

YNxsIW0.jpg

DeIzO2X.jpg

ClNFAFK.jpg

XNf6IxS.jpg

0vzZCYd.jpg

t22zfBH.jpg

xOA8L2H.jpg

Kind regards!

George

Last edited:
Some excellent screenshots, everyone! Very nice Hughes 4-6-4T you commissioned, George!

Unfortunately, I cannot post any screenshots for the foreseeable future because, when updating from TRS22 Beta to TRS22 Early Access, some packaged assets were randomly lost, and deleting and reinstalling the package in question is not working. I might have to delete everything from TRS22 - including my third party content, though I've safely backed everything up (now, DLS content may be a problem, because my current FCT is about to expire, and I have no plans to buy another one...), and do a fresh install of TRS22. Or just wait until TRS22 officially releases in March.

It sucks, but that's just how it is. Some very nice screenshots I've been seeing, however! Hope everything's going well for everyone. Have a nice day, all. Take care.

Andrew

EDIT: Decided to create a clean database for Trainz. Now I'm gonna have to reinstall everything... hooray. (What's especially gonna be fun is having to reinstall everything from the DLS, considering my FCT's about to expire.)

Last edited:
#5298 Wow! They're certainly impressive George. I can see what you mean about the driver's forward visibility not being the best though.

#5299 Sorry to read that you've had problems with upgrading to the early release version of TRS22 Andrew. I haven't tried doing that yet, but before I do I'll be backing up my database first.

#5291. Thanks PLP. Nice to see some SDJR blue. And as always it's good to see more of Swanage.

Last edited:
I finally got everything (I'm pretty sure) from the DLS reinstalled in my new Trainz database! Somehow, a bunch of assets that weren't faulty in the TRS22 Beta became so in the Early Access, but hopefully these errors can be fixed automatically with the full release. Anyway, here's 31806 touring light engine on Swanage. A very nice, calm, scenic route, if I do say so myself - might honestly switch from a LMS/LNER person to a Southern person!
eLxkbTK.jpg

FgvBRQ3.jpg

Ltq9grr.jpg

rFLJJtD.jpg

Hope everyone likes my screenshots. Now to do some work and figure out how on God's earth to fix some of the errors TRS22 is throwing at some of my assets.

Cheers, all the way here in Connecticut,

Andrew

#5298 Good that you got things up and running again Andrew.

#5299 Tanker, you can get the Dreadnought Tanks by emailing Paul.

3F testing on Lickey. Around the nominal time period for my version of Lickey there were four 3F tender engines assigned to Bromsgrove shed.

HrLE0uc.jpg

#5298 Good that you got things up and running again Andrew.

#5299 Tanker, you can get the Dreadnought Tanks by emailing Paul.

3F testing on Lickey. Around the nominal time period for my version of Lickey there were four 3F tender engines assigned to Bromsgrove shed.

HrLE0uc.jpg

Much Appreciated Annie. I shall email him the moment my paycheck comes in.

In the vein of LMS and LNER I have decided to do a follow up to my updating of PLL in TANE and did a mock-up of SnC in TRS19 with EMT and CL Textures in the Pre-Grouping era.. Gotta say both Graham and Malc make some really incredible environmental textures. I end up using them on every single route I build/work with! :hehe:

I remembeer reading the SnC was owned by the LNWR but shared with the MR. I threw the NER and L&Y in there too since they were occasionally sighted in the area and for a real stretch, I run a bit of HR stock near Carlisle.

Now if I could just get rid of that blasted sun..

4MARMAk.jpg
[/IMG]

lOMNVJT.jpg
[/IMG]

rdVCLd0.jpg
[/IMG]

bw07Km0.jpg
[/IMG]

geqIsCv.jpg
[/IMG]

2qeNzoG.jpg
[/IMG]

#5301 Having far too much fun there Tanker :) With ordinary TS2019 a really good cloudy sky is your best friend when it comes to setting up environmental lighting.

Back