UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

While Sir Toby claimed that the reason he crashed was to avoid colliding with a deer, many believe that he had just had a bit too much to drink at Miss Sophie's birthday and new years party.

It was the same procedure every year, apparently.

eIuPvFd.jpg

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas time and hope you all will have a wonderful new year, cheers one and all! :)

Haha, I think I recognise that route. Great stuff!

Paul

Ivatt 2MT on a down train near Combe Florey, Minehead Branch.

I've been working on a modern day Trainz version of the Minehead branch for longer than I care to admit, but it does provide a good excuse for regular visits to the real thing!
Beautiful screenshot. May I ask, where can I find that loco and coaches?

Nice shots all.

Annie - what was the issue with the normal map please? I'm a bit worried because they're virtually identical and both where created in SP4. It looks like this on my PC:

<image snipped>

Ivatt 2MT on a down train near Combe Florey, Minehead Branch.

I've been working on a modern day Trainz version of the Minehead branch for longer than I care to admit, but it does provide a good excuse for regular visits to the real thing!

I'm not sure what happened Val. i downloaded the black 2MT and then the green 2MT and TRS19 marked the green one as being faulty. The errors and warnings menu said that it couldn't read the normal map and when I tried to open the normal map in Irfanview it said that the image was corrupted. It might have been a network glitch or something else of the kind that caused it, but when I tried to download the green 2MT again I didn't get any improvement so I used the black 2MT's normal map instead as a temporary measure. I meant to have another look at it later, but it's our Summer at the moment and I'm a lot more sleepy so I didn't do anything more about it.

Beautiful screenshot. May I ask, where can I find that loco and coaches?

Thanks. The loco is a reskin of LNERlover's original Ivatt 2MT and can be found on the DLS under my KUID:248163 along with a black version as well.

The coaches are personal reskins of a 2004 era model which are not available at the moment unfortunately.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what happened Val. i downloaded the black 2MT and then the green 2MT and TRS19 marked the green one as being faulty. The errors and warnings menu said that it couldn't read the normal map and when I tried to open the normal map in Irfanview it said that the image was corrupted. It might have been a network glitch or something else of the kind that caused it, but when I tried to download the green 2MT again I didn't get any improvement so I used the black 2MT's normal map instead as a temporary measure. I meant to have another look at it later, but it's our Summer at the moment and I'm a lot more sleepy so I didn't do anything more about it.

Thanks for the update - very peculiar. I'm back at work now, but when I get a chance I'll re-upload as :1 and see if that cures it.

Nice screenshot Val. I hope you'll post more Minehead branch screenshots. With Ed reporting that all is well with the 2MT's that must mean that I must've had some kind of network glitch or something. Good to know that there wasn't a problem afterall.

Nice shots PLP, is the pictured Hymek from the payware set sold by Anthony (2995valliant) some years ago? I particularly remember them being of excellent quality. Sadly, due to various PC mishaps etc. my set vanished into the ether.

Kind Regards

Gam :D

Hiya Gam,

It is, yes. I bought them a little while ago now but they're still superb and drive beautifully.

One visited Swanage a few years ago so it's been seen in preservation so I thought I'd do something similar.

Cheers,

PLP

Thanks. The loco is a reskin of LNERlover's original Ivatt 2MT and can be found on the DLS under my KUID:248163 along with a black version as well.

The coaches are personal reskins of a 2004 era model which are not available at the moment unfortunately.
Didn't see this post until now, and thanks for replying.:)

Hiya Gam,

It is, yes. I bought them a little while ago now but they're still superb and drive beautifully.

One visited Swanage a few years ago so it's been seen in preservation so I thought I'd do something similar.

Cheers,

PLP

Amazing!! I didn't know Valiant made a Hymek! I'm assuming they are no longer available for purchase though right?

Hi Tanker,

I really don't know, the website that he used to have was taken down a while ago now but the models still exist so I'd say you would be better off contacting him directly.

Hope you had a good Christmas and New Year - any progress on the 4MT numbering?

Cheers,

PLP

Class 33 33111 Hot Dog with a single Queen Mary in tow, heading through Harmans Cross enroute to Herston Halt:
M6kuMWl.jpg

Arrival at Herston. The van will be coupled to the rear of an empty ballast train destined for Norden:
yxvKMEC.jpg

Alongside the train:
hVlP37U.jpg

Enroute to Norden:
8tf9KgU.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Back