Page 315 of 322 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,725 of 4817

Thread: UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

re posts KotangaGirl and Tanker46

Thanks for all the interesting topics and screenies, most goodly.

A few screenshots of my continuing brief forays into TRS19. Having copied one of my routes into TRS19 I find what an awkward driver interface it has.

Cheers, Ken

A few screenshots of my continuing brief forays into TRS19. Having copied one of my routes into TRS19 I find what an awkward driver interface it has.
    Thanks very much Ken. Yes the driver interface is a bit annoying, but I'm more or less used to it now. Despite that though you seem to be putting your stamp on TRS19 reasonably well since your screenshots are still carrying the quality mark.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

Quote Originally Posted by evilcrow View Post

Cheers, Ken
    Same here Ken. I have to admit though, it's nice to have the HUD so I don't get tripped up by some errant points somewhere down the line! Could do without the little notifications though..

Regardless, your shots have only gotten more impressive in this mad science experiment known as TRS19. Glad to have you with us!

Something out of character for this southerner, I noticed the NER Shots Connor posted a little while ago and I decided to test them out for myself. Very impressive collection and they handle extremely well! I've grown quite fond of the Ravens A2 Pacific..

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Since there are no publicly available NER Routes, I decided to dust off Mophus's old M&GN Lynn Area route from TANE and port it into TRS19 for a bit of fun. Really enjoyable locos!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Tanker46

Member of TCWW - Developer of the Brighton Project

Nice to see my old NER 'litho' carriages getting an outing Tanker. I was interested in the NER at one time, but then I became distracted by the railways of Norfolk and I never went back to it. Connor certainly has put together an interesting NER collection of locomotives and I have to confess that I was tempted for a few minutes there.

Here's a snap I took of No.7 heading away from Great Marsh station on the Windweather Loop Line.

Agreed. Once upon at time I was an avid LNER enthusiast and had quite an impressive collection before making the journey south. Although south is where I'll stay, it's nice to take a vacation north once in a while. The rolling hills and rural tramways always help reignite my passion for this great game.

And your NER Lithos are timeless Annie. I hope I didn't violate the time period too much by heading them with the A2.

I'm also using those NER Goods Vans you made a while ago - quite frequently in fact!
    Tanker46

Quote Originally Posted by Tanker46 View Post
    Agreed. Once upon at time I was an avid LNER enthusiast and had quite an impressive collection before making the journey south. Although south is where I'll stay, it's nice to take a vacation north once in a while. The rolling hills and rural tramways always help reignite my passion for this great game.

And your NER Lithos are timeless Annie. I hope I didn't violate the time period too much by heading them with the A2.

I'm also using those NER Goods Vans you made a while ago - quite frequently in fact!
    Thanks Tanker. Those NER clerestory coaches were in service to the end of the pre-grouping period and no doubt for some years beyond then, - though not in NER red of course. Possibly they wouldn't have be seen in company with Raven's Pacific since they would have been relegated to less important uses by then, but they still look good.
    Quite a bit of work and research went into my NER Goods Vans and even now it still pleases me with how well they turned out. They turn up from from time to time on my Norfolk layout with an important consignment from 'up North'.

The NER bogie clerestory roof carriages were built between 1895 and 1906, though not all types were built across that entire period. The three-compartment Van Third to Diagram 18 came closest, though during 1906 the last nine originally meant to be completed with clerestory roof as Diagram 18 were changed to elliptical roof during construction and assigned Diagram 130. Between 1907 and 1910 a further six Diagram 130s were added.

The NER built bogie carriages with end gangway connections, though all but three were elliptical roofed. The three clerestory roof bogie carriages built with end gangway connections were the three Dining Composites with kitchen built as Diagram 105 in 1905. The NER converted three clerestory roof Diagram 27 Van Lavatory Composites to work with the Diagram 105s as a dining pair by adding a single gangway connector to the compartment end. Two of the Diagram 105s were sold to the NBR, one in 1913 and one in 1919. The example which remained with the NER was retired by the LNER around 1933. The pair which went to the NBR were loaned to the GNoSR in 1922 for the launch of their Aberdeen - Inverness dining train but at least one was noted working to Fort William in the summer of 1948. They were scrapped by 1951.

After the grouping the NER carriages of all roof types gradually descended in the pecking order, which was the normal state of affairs. New Gresley carriages arrived, but not at a rate which rendered the pre-grouping types surplus to requirements. In the NE Area of the LNER the arrival of new Gresley carriages permitted the transfer of some former NER carriages to other sections in order to permit the withdrawal of even older types. Even in 1939, the big four carriage fleets were still mainly composed of pre-grouping stock.

At nationalisation the average was around 50%. On the former LNER Eastern, North Eastern and Scottish regions the arrival of Thompson stock and then BR Mk1 stock led to the withdrawal of pre-grouping NER carriages on the BR NE Region from scheduled services by 1953. This does not mean that they were all scrapped, but it is likely that some spent a year or two in sidings awaiting use on strengthening duties and summer excursion trains. However, the arrival of the first BR Diesel Multiple Units meant the writing was on the wall for all non-corridor stock on former NER lines.

Last edited by borderreiver; September 26th, 2021 at 05:11 PM.

I knew that you'd have the information on NER clerestory coaches at your fingertips Frank. My 'litho' versions might not be according to the NER diagram book though since they are based on vintage pre-war 'O' gauge Leeds Model Co printed paper coach sides.

One of Ed Heaps's beautiful GER P43 singles on the turntable at Foxhollow. In the normal course of events a P43 would not be seen at Foxhollow, but I wanted to borrow Foxhollow MPD's 55 foot turntable to take the snap.

Waiting for the local passenger to pass. I've finally had a chance to properly sort out the Windweather Tramway's C53B tram engines after moving them over to TRS19.

Quote Originally Posted by borderreiver View Post
    The NER bogie clerestory roof carriages were built between 1895 and 1906, though not all types were built across that entire period. The three-compartment Van Third to Diagram 18 came closest, though during 1906 the last nine originally meant to be completed with clerestory roof as Diagram 18 were changed to elliptical roof during construction and assigned Diagram 130. Between 1907 and 1910 a further six Diagram 130s were added.

The NER built bogie carriages with end gangway connections, though all but three were elliptical roofed. The three clerestory roof bogie carriages built with end gangway connections were the three Dining Composites with kitchen built as Diagram 105 in 1905. The NER converted three clerestory roof Diagram 27 Van Lavatory Composites to work with the Diagram 105s as a dining pair by adding a single gangway connector to the compartment end. Two of the Diagram 105s were sold to the NBR, one in 1913 and one in 1919. The example which remained with the NER was retired by the LNER around 1933. The pair which went to the NBR were loaned to the GNoSR in 1922 for the launch of their Aberdeen - Inverness dining train but at least one was noted working to Fort William in the summer of 1948. They were scrapped by 1951.

After the grouping the NER carriages of all roof types gradually descended in the pecking order, which was the normal state of affairs. New Gresley carriages arrived, but not at a rate which rendered the pre-grouping types surplus to requirements. In the NE Area of the LNER the arrival of new Gresley carriages permitted the transfer of some former NER carriages to other sections in order to permit the withdrawal of even older types. Even in 1939, the big four carriage fleets were still mainly composed of pre-grouping stock.

At nationalisation the average was around 50%. On the former LNER Eastern, North Eastern and Scottish regions the arrival of Thompson stock and then BR Mk1 stock led to the withdrawal of pre-grouping NER carriages on the BR NE Region from scheduled services by 1953. This does not mean that they were all scrapped, but it is likely that some spent a year or two in sidings awaiting use on strengthening duties and summer excursion trains. However, the arrival of the first BR Diesel Multiple Units meant the writing was on the wall for all non-corridor stock on former NER lines.

Thanks so much for the outstanding explanation Frank. I knew it was only a matter of time before our exemplary NER Historian gave us an accurate account of events to solve this debacle! Your wealth of knowledge on the North Eastern is amazing!

I have seen Pauls NER Elliptical Coaches before but I hesitated on buying them. Would they be better suited for use with a Pre-Grouping Era A2 or should I stick to early era Gresley Stock? I'm quite inclined to explore this in future.
    Tanker46

Quote Originally Posted by KotangaGirl View Post
    I knew that you'd have the information on NER clerestory coaches at your fingertips Frank. My 'litho' versions might not be according to the NER diagram book though since they are based on vintage pre-war 'O' gauge Leeds Model Co printed paper coach sides.

One of Ed Heaps's beautiful GER P43 singles on the turntable at Foxhollow. In the normal course of events a P43 would not be seen at Foxhollow, but I wanted to borrow Foxhollow MPD's 55 foot turntable to take the snap.

Excellent screenshots Annie. That new GER Single looks incredible. With the addition of the P43, Ed's now done a single driver for almost every Eastern Region Company! (Save for GCR)

I'm quite taken by that little brakevan in your last shot. Is that a custom built one? Or did you have it comissioned for you?
    Tanker46

Quote Originally Posted by Tanker46 View Post
    Excellent screenshots Annie. That new GER Single looks incredible. With the addition of the P43, Ed's now done a single driver for almost every Eastern Region Company! (Save for GCR)

I'm quite taken by that little brakevan in your last shot. Is that a custom built one? Or did you have it commissioned for you?
    Thanks Tanker. The new P43 will be put to work on expresses and the mail trains on the GER-GCR joint line on my layout and I'm very much looking forward to putting this lovely locomotive through its paces. Ed has indicated that he's considering doing the earlier GER Holden D27 2-2-2 singles as well which I'll certainly be looking forward to. Have you seen the GER T19 screenshot Ed posted yesterday? Things are definitely looking up for Trainz GER enthusiasts.

The little brake van is an 1860's GNR brake van, but Paul has it on his website in the 19th century NBR pages. I use the brake van on the tramway and light railway sections of my Norfolk layout where it is posing as a second hand or possibly third hand purchase. I have it modded with azervich's Pre 1900s 4 Wheel Brake Van E-spec <kuid2:404079:1029:1>, - so it is a functional brake van, though with it being so small it's best to use them in pairs.
    The sheep wagons are also by Paul and can be found on the same pages even though they are actually a 1860's LNWR design.

SR Q530 with original Bulleid lemaitre type chimney like I used to see them.
    Last edited by tailight98; October 1st, 2021 at 05:30 AM.

Re posts KotangaGirl, Tanker46 and tailight98

Lots of interesting locos and layouts from you.

I continue getting to grips with TRS19. I've been using ImEditor and the env_metal.tga to reduce the matt finish on pre TRS19 build locos and coaching stock. It's a slow process.

TRS19

Cheers. Ken