UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Thanks Gary. Dearnby is an absolute classic and I'm continually amazed at the detail that has gone into its construction. Being a country railways and branch lines kind of girl I still tend to be a bit boggled by the incredible network of tracks and I often manage to get myself lost. I have to agree with you that the Winter version of Dearnby is magical, - there is no other word for it. Though I must confess it has been a while since I last visited.
I did manage to get a good bit of the schedule worked out and along the way I fettled 'Remembrance' a bit more and I have it running really sweetly now. I think I'm working in the TANE version 1 of Dearnby & District with this SR/WR/GWR/Southern session of mine.

Thank you very much for the link to the LBSCR L Class Kotangagirl!

Forced to take out in Big Four Livery, the wicked lady gave me it only in SR Livery!
:hehe:

Pro_1.png

Pro_1.png
Pro_1.png
Pro_1.png

Sorry to break the route tradition! :confused:
This too is an Irish Route! 'Along UTA Lines' which I've modified and also turned from Standard to Irish Gauge!(Thanks to VR in Australia! :D)

Sadly your version doesn't work in 2019, but the default one does! Beautiful model, apart from no enginesound, but she is still very elegant and lovely!
:D

Thank you very much for passing on the link Annie!

re posts #4540 KotangaGirl & #4544 SuperSpeedMaglev
Nice shots, you both show the tank to good effect.

Still in TANE

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, Ken

Thanks Ken and another great looking screenshot from you.

I have my doubts about trying to run some older models in TRS19. In SuperSpeed's screenshot you can see how TRS19 has bleached out most of the L class Baltic's textures, but for some reason has shaded the tank sides darker than the rest. I won't be taking my own now much modded version any further than TANE and I have no plans to retire TANE any time soon with TRS19 still having issues.

24AbTjw.jpg

Last edited:
Out and about with the big green Baltic tank engine again on Dearnby. The schedule writing is going well and to my great surprise it's even working properly.
No.333 is very good at annoying motorists at station stops next to level crossings.

iQoommb.jpg

​I'm continually amazed at how beautifully detailed this layout is.

tXBzLG8.jpg

At St. Bennet's that young lady reading a book gave me a fright as she's an animated figure; - for one moment there i thought perhaps i was just a little too deeply immersed into Dearnby & District.

GCt2HQx.jpg

Annie, I think it is very easy to be deeply immersed in Dearnby. I am constantly amazed when I run the route, and I really do lose track of time when I visit there. It's such fun to step back in time and just imagine actually being there, maybe even with a trainspotting book open in anticipation of the next one to come along. The details on the route make that quite easy. :)

I'm sure the motorists were suitably annoyed. Let them honk!! :hehe:

I'll just have to enjoy your Baltic #333 shots, as I was unable to make it work in my TRS19 version, or, surprisingly enough, my TANE SP4. It's such a classy engine!

Regards,
Gary

Annie, I think it is very easy to be deeply immersed in Dearnby. I am constantly amazed when I run the route, and I really do lose track of time when I visit there. It's such fun to step back in time and just imagine actually being there, maybe even with a trainspotting book open in anticipation of the next one to come along. The details on the route make that quite easy. :)

I'm sure the motorists were suitably annoyed. Let them honk!! :hehe:

I'll just have to enjoy your Baltic #333 shots, as I was unable to make it work in my TRS19 version, or, surprisingly enough, my TANE SP4. It's such a classy engine!

Regards,
Gary

I completely agree about the risk of becoming deeply immersed in Dearnby. Thanks for your nice comments and you have a PM.

'Centaur' complete with Buffet Car (for those who like being buffeted while travelling on a train) helping out with schedule testing on Dearnby.

wokiQBF.jpg

My pleasure Gary.

Playing trains with Skipper's amazing 'spam cans'. West Country class 'Salisbury' heads away from Dearnby on Sea.

vYv8aqA.jpg

Hi Annie, by sheer coincidence I've been having a play with the same beast myself - 'Spam Can'? Hadn't heard that one, but it certainly fits lol...

This view sees a diverted Pines Express rounding the last curve into St James Park on the toy train route before squeezing through the narrow gap between the harbour and the backscene...

St James Park? I haven't googled it, but one assumes the world will contain at least one real St Jams Park station, this is emphatically not a model thereof. It comes form a park I spent some time in as a kid in inner metropolitan Melbourne, but the name combines the suggestion of somewhere grand with a geographic ambivalence that let me run pretty much whatever I liked on a 'OO' scale Minories years ago, and the name carried over to this Trainz model railway version of that esteemed classic.....

Andy ;)

Edit: Bl@@dy lamps - surely someone can write a script that works out what's behind and drops something appropriate in place!! Or maybe I just need to look more carefully before I post the shot...

Last edited:
What a coincidence.
I've just been taking another train around Logan Beck. Given the last couple of shots, do I see a trend towards the S&D developing?

view_media_post

view_media_post

view_media_post

Chris.

Hi Annie, by sheer coincidence I've been having a play with the same beast myself - 'Spam Can'? Hadn't heard that one, but it certainly fits lol...

Being primarily a GWR and GER enthusiast I'm a bit hazy on this, but I believe the SR 'air smoothed casing' Pacifics were dubbed 'Spam Cans' by their crews not long after they entered service. I do have to say though that Skipper's 'West Country' and 'Battle of Britain' class Pacifics are exceptional examples of digital locomotive craftsmanship.

FWIKprZ.jpg

Last edited:
Out and about with the big green Baltic tank engine again on Dearnby. The schedule writing is going well and to my great surprise it's even working properly.
No.333 is very good at annoying motorists at station stops next to level crossings.

iQoommb.jpg

​I'm continually amazed at how beautifully detailed this layout is.

tXBzLG8.jpg

At St. Bennet's that young lady reading a book gave me a fright as she's an animated figure; - for one moment there i thought perhaps i was just a little too deeply immersed into Dearnby & District.

GCt2HQx.jpg

Ms Girl,

I might mention that Dearnby & District is even now being enhanced, one way and another, with the intention of making it so real-lookin' that it actually does come to life, emerging in the real word by way of an appearance from the dawn mist somewhere in The Bristol Channel, possibly with a connection to the mainland somewhere around Ferryside in South Wales or even Bristol Temple Meads. I have come to believe that Neville put a spell in there, some time ago, which is even now having the effect of pushing virtual to real. After all, we humans have been doing this for some centuries now, eh? Some mad person imagines a thing and before you know it we have .... Noo Yok; or even Newcastle-on-Tyne!!

Anyroadup, you phantastic modulleurs of Olde British Railways may all have a chance to partake in the Dearnby Magic, as Neville needs a rest from all his Dearnby magicking, so Version 3 needs some sorcerer's apprentices to help with the spells. I'll be sending a plea to that TCCW group but perhaps there are others reading here who might be interested in constructing a corner in the extended Dearnby & District .....?

Lataxe, a familiar of Neville.

It's that big green tank engine again. I was having a not very good day with being unwell so I decided to take my mind off it by writing schedules in Dearnby & District. Up until now I've felt a bit intimidated by Dearnby's maze of trackwork so it was a good brain exercise for me with figuring how to get a train from one end of the map to the other without any strange diversions.
I do have to say it was awfully nice to be able to start up a session without having to pause to tone down the sun's glare yet again because the environmental settings have crept out of adjustment. TANE is perfect for Dearnby & District and I think it would be very difficult to achieve the same appearance in TRS19.

P8kZhaw.jpg

Beautiful Screenshots Annie! I must concur with the opinions of the room regarding "the big green tank engine". The Remembrance Tanks were a work of art during every phase of their lives. I think the LBSCR and SECR are the only railways I know of that thought of designing tank engines for express work!

As a follow up to your fantastic photos I offer a few of my favorite Remembrance engine - No.32329 Stephenson - working an express to Three Bridges with a single stop at Haywards Heath!

7bzFrzY.jpg
[/IMG]

Haywards Heath is finally finished by the way! There's still a bit of tweaking I want to do but for all intents and purposes it's finished. I didn't know what was taking me so long but seeing it from a distance I see why now!

tf2ltdk.jpg
[/IMG]

IfZWYMd.jpg
[/IMG]

I5eVLqM.jpg
[/IMG]

jML1nIb.jpg
[/IMG]

bwGe3fg.jpg
[/IMG]

Csncrhq.jpg
[/IMG]

MkH5tHF.jpg
[/IMG]

nsuUzrA.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks Ken and another great looking screenshot from you.

I have my doubts about trying to run some older models in TRS19. In SuperSpeed's screenshot you can see how TRS19 has bleached out most of the L class Baltic's textures, but for some reason has shaded the tank sides darker than the rest. I won't be taking my own now much modded version any further than TANE and I have no plans to retire TANE any time soon with TRS19 still having issues.

24AbTjw.jpg

The darker tank sides on Rememberance are not a TRS19 phenomenon - I remember having that in TS12 too. So what have you done to yours Annie?

I suspect it is something to do with the fact that the body uses two main textures, the one for the tank sides and boiler top has bump mapping, and the other for the cab sheets does not.

Anyhow a screenshot

The darker tank sides on Remembrance are not a TRS19 phenomenon - I remember having that in TS12 too. So what have you done to yours Annie?

I suspect it is something to do with the fact that the body uses two main textures, the one for the tank sides and boiler top has bump mapping, and the other for the cab sheets does not.

Anyhow a screenshot

<picture snipped>

I did make some small texture adjustments which I saved as 32 bit TGA files, but that's all. I thought one half of the loco body textures only having a normal map/bump map was a bit unusual, but because it didn't seem to be causing any issues I left it how it was.

Your screenshot from your Chinley & Peak Forest Railway looks interesting. We had 1500 volt DC electrics here in New Zealand for a good many years so I've been more than a little tempted to consider a Uk 'sparker' layout.

Ah ok, tbanks - I'll have to look in TANE to see if it is any better for me.

That shot is of Reddish Depot on the Woodhead Line. I'm afraid I've been a bit lazy in keeping details of an old route in my signature file - it's from before my 5-year+ absence from Trainz. One day I'll finish it off - really just needs Buxton doing properly, but it has all the correct gradients, and built on DEM.

Back