Constantly having to save new routes

UnionPacificFan1005

ignore user, GTW foamer
I'm a user that came from T:ANE, and before that TD2 (which is basically a port of TRS2009), so when I started using TRS22 I was not accustomed to UDS. I've been experiencing an issue, and I'm not sure if it's me or UDS. Very often, not 100% of the time, randomly, I will have to create a copy of a route under my own ID after placing consists. No changes to scenery, topology, or textures. Other times I can save it as a session. How do I fix this?

If you add anything to the Route layer it will need to save the route.
Edit Session rather than Edit Route.

Is it possible to move stuff to the session layer so I can keep my progress in a session without saving a new route?

Edit the properties of the of object to specify which layer you want it in. Of course, moving it from a route layer still requires saving the route because you have removed something from it.

Make any change (move a tree, change an environmental setting, add or edit a rule, rename something) and you will be reminded to save your change(s). The UDS adds more complexity to this because a when a session is running consists may move - and even if no consists move the session clock time will change and session rules will be executed - so when you jump from Driver into Surveyor those changes are preserved and you will be asked to save.

See the Trainz Wiki page at [url]https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Use_the_UDS_Interface[/URL] for more details especially the sections on Resetting the Session Rules and Saving.

Back