Quillable Steam Whistles????

CofG509

Has the possibility of being able to quill the whistle on a steam locomotive ever been discussed? I know a couple other train sims as an on-screen slider that allows the player to quill the whistle at their leisure. It would make Trainz perfect if it was added as a feature.

Never seen it possible in Trainz. I have one DLC in Steam's Train Simulator (formerly called Railworks) that sort of does quilling with Enter key. It just changes the pitch a bit, so there is nothing between the initial and final sound like real quilling. But, I am interested in knowing about what other train sims you were talking about that have the slider on the screen to achieve it. Mind sharing in a PM?

Never seen it possible in Trainz. I have one DLC in Steam's Train Simulator (formerly called Railworks) that sort of does quilling with Enter key. It just changes the pitch a bit, so there is nothing between the initial and final sound like real quilling. But, I am interested in knowing about what other train sims you were talking about that have the slider on the screen to achieve it. Mind sharing in a PM?

Railroads Online has quillable whistle. If you're in cab you can mouse click and hold the chord and pull with the mouse to quill or in 3rd person the HUD has the slider you can grab with the mouse and quill. It's awesome.

Railroads Online has quillable whistle. If you're in cab you can mouse click and hold the chord and pull with the mouse to quill or in 3rd person the HUD has the slider you can grab with the mouse and quill. It's awesome.

That would be an great feature for Trainz !

If N3V added another slider in the driving controls when operating steam engines, it would open up such a feature to trains that don't have a functioning whistle cord modeled in the cab as well.

Back