Cannot remove several car splines

autodctr

I placed a bunch of car splines several places on my current layout. I did this a few days ago. Today, I went to move some of them, but they are frozen....I cannot move them or delete them. But, only in one area. Elsewhere on the layout, I can move or delete them. In the area where they are frozen, I can put additional ones down, move and delete them, but the ones that are already there are frozen. Any ideas on how to delete or move them? I did an extended database rebuild, I tried deleting the parking lot and the asphalt beneath the splines...they deleted but the car splines remain frozen.

Well, I got them removed. I was poking around again in the Search area and read where someone couldn't remove a piece of track......they finally got it removed by going into "Objects" and deleting it there! In my case, I had to go into Tracks and then I could delete it. So, problem solved.......but could someone please explain why this is so screwed up?

The easier solution would have been to copy a blank area the size of the spline and then select spline only in copy/paste and copy over the recalcitrant car spline.

The easier solution would have been to copy a blank area the size of the spline and then select spline only in copy/paste and copy over the recalcitrant car spline.

Thanks for your reply, but I have absolutely no idea what you are saying. I wish that I did, but as much as I reread that, I cannot figure it out! :)

Thanks for your reply, but I have absolutely no idea what you are saying. I wish that I did, but as much as I reread that, I cannot figure it out! :)

In Classic Surveyor, click on the Tools Icon. The one on the right with the wrench.

Located in the bottom part of the panel is the Copy and paste tools.

Select an area on your route without assets.

Click on the following to deselect these so they don't paste down:

Terrain, textures, and scenery objects.

Click on the paste tool to set the marquee. It's only a square or rectangle and fits on the grid on the compass at N-S-E-W with nothing in between.

With paste area ready for pasting, position the paste are a right over your car spline you want to remove.

Since you have splines enabled, this will paste a non-spline over the spot. Repeat with the other car spline you want to remove.

In earlier days some spline assets were created as kind track. Some fence splines as well as those car splines came under that heading. Most have since been placed into the correct category.

Back