Object name edits are not saved (TRS 22)

Little_Boy921

Route Building Rocks
I've had Trainz 2022 for about month now and I have noticed some annoying bugs which Im wondering if anyone else has experienced. One of them being the topic of this thread. I've noticed that any name edits I make to objects dont get saved whenever I exit and re enter surveyor mode. Specifically, its only for objects I made an edit to prior. For example, lets say I have a station sign say 'Barrytown', and then I edit it to say 'Tarrytown'. And then, when I exit surveyor mode and go back in, it still says 'Barrytown'. It would be as if I had never made that edit in the first place.

There are other annoying bugs (such as the 'selected area' option in 'Bulk Asset Replacement' replacing multiple splines instead of the single one I selected), but I just wanted to focus on this specific bug just to keep the thread focused (although if anyone has any ideas as to how to fix the bulk asset issue Im running into, that would also be helpful). Anyways, is this bug recent, or has it been in the game since it was released in 2022?

Exit from surveyor and re-enter does not save. You have to save on exit which may save the name in the session and not the route. Some splines won't work with bulk replacement as they are treated as tracks now. Older splines were track or object.

Exit from surveyor and re-enter does not save. You have to save on exit which may save the name in the session and not the route. Some splines won't work with bulk replacement as they are treated as tracks now. Older splines were track or object.

Just seeing this. I'll try that out later today

As for the bulk asset replacement for splines, thats not what I meant. The issue Im having is that, specifically with track splines, the 'selected area' doesnt work like its supposed to (or how it worked in Trainz 2019). For example, I would select the end of one or two splines that I wanted to replace, with no other splines in that specific area. But when I would press 'Begin', it would not only replace the tracks in that selected area but any other track splines near by. As if I had used 'In current selection only'. Im not sure if this is a glitch but if it isnt, thats very disappointing that this feature was broken

Just seeing this. I'll try that out later today

As for the bulk asset replacement for splines, thats not what I meant. The issue Im having is that, specifically with track splines, the 'selected area' doesnt work like its supposed to (or how it worked in Trainz 2019). For example, I would select the end of one or two splines that I wanted to replace, with no other splines in that specific area. But when I would press 'Begin', it would not only replace the tracks in that selected area but any other track splines near by. As if I had used 'In current selection only'. Im not sure if this is a glitch but if it isnt, thats very disappointing that this feature was broken
The selected area is broken. I hope it's been fixed because there's a lot of track I need to replace. The problem is the selected area selects a large polygon instead of the square or small selection, causing track spline in the surrounding area to change.

The selected area is broken. I hope it's been fixed because there's a lot of track I need to replace. The problem is the selected area selects a large polygon instead of the square or small selection, causing track spline in the surrounding area to change.

Same here. A work around I found was isolating the track I wanted to replace on its own layer while locking the route layer. How long has the selected area feature been broken?

Same here. A work around I found was isolating the track I wanted to replace on its own layer while locking the route layer. How long has the selected area feature been broken?
Two versions, I think. I can't remember exactly. Have you run into really, really, really? slow, update process too when going over large routes? I reported this but they said it was related to my route, but I'm not so sure.

I'll try your workaround because I have a mainline and yard next to each other and trying to replace some track with rusty track is making me grumpy to say the least.

Back