Feather and Theatre builtin signals

an7li721

Trainz build 123799. I cannot get any indicators working on theatre/feather TRS22 builtin signals. When I open them for edit they appear as faulty but these are builtin assets so I cannot delete them. Do the VSR feather/signal scripts work in TRS22?

Hello @an7li721.

Regarding the signals, it would be odd if they didn’t work in TRS22. You say you have build 123799? I am pretty sure that isn’t TRS22 but a Trainz Plus build. My Trainz Plus is 123794. Do you have Plus? Your launcher should have a prominent TRAINZ+ logo. Since the latest Trainz Plus builds are considered beta, there is a chance the scripts might have bugs (or more likely, the game has a bug with them). Regarding the errors, usually right clicking on the asset in Content Manager and then clicking “Revert to Original” resets it to its original state before any gremlins got in. Do a database repair as well.
There are Trainz veterans out there who can answer better than me, so hopefully one of them sees this too.
I hope this helped! 😉👍🏼
Tony

It is a steam build. When I click revert to original, the signal asset reverts to its packaged state. If I then "open for edit" the asset and check it for errors, a whole load of errors then pop up (take for example <kuid2:60850:90141:4> signal theatre single), suggesting that the asset itself if faulty. In any case, if I have a junction with <kuid2:60850:24158:13> Sig 3AT BR Post Elec Dbl LHS just before it, <kuid2:60850:23953:3> Sig T Theatre 3 on one route, and <kuid2:60850:23957:3> Sig T Theatre 7 on the other route, then the theatre box correct appears but it doesn't light up, suggesting there is a problem with the theatre box asset or the scripting.

It is a steam build. When I click revert to original, the signal asset reverts to its packaged state. If I then "open for edit" the asset and check it for errors, a whole load of errors then pop up (take for example <kuid2:60850:90141:4> signal theatre single), suggesting that the asset itself if faulty. In any case, if I have a junction with <kuid2:60850:24158:13> Sig 3AT BR Post Elec Dbl LHS just before it, <kuid2:60850:23953:3> Sig T Theatre 3 on one route, and <kuid2:60850:23957:3> Sig T Theatre 7 on the other route, then the theatre box correct appears but it doesn't light up, suggesting there is a problem with the theatre box asset or the scripting.
You can't edit or modify built-in assets and opening for edit and checking for errors will generate odd errors due to the asset not being submitted. This can also have the opposite effect as well and an asset will report no errors.

Are these signals not working in Surveyor or is it in Driver? If in Surveyor, ensure you are not paused. Surveyor runs in a paused state now and some assets suchas some signals will not indicate any change while the simulation is paused. Once it's un-paused the signals will work fine.

If this is in Driver, then there's another issue. N3V has changed how script errors are enforced, causing may scripts to no longer operate properly.

I don't know if the VSR signals work.

This is in driver. The VSR semaphore signals do work so it seems the scripting does work. But the white textures for the feathers/theatre signals don't show up.

This is in driver. The VSR semaphore signals do work so it seems the scripting does work. But the white textures for the feathers/theatre signals don't show up.
That's an issue with the asset in this version and the asset needs to be updated. As I said before, you can't update the built-in or DLC assets because they are locked. Only N3V or the original author can fix those assets. If the assets work otherwise, use them anyway. When N3V repairs the signals, they will update automatically in your route.

Back