Another bizarre texture issue... any ideas?

tirediron

Making great progress on my layout and... this. I had a gravel texture on either side of my track, and it was working nicely, and gave me the look I was after. I opened it up to work on the route one day, and all the gravel turned to a featureless, bright, white. You can see from the tool tip that the system thinks it's gravel, but it won't display properly. None of the other textures are affected, and if I try and apply this gravel elsewhere it shows as white. I haven't been doing this in sessions, so... can anyone shed on what happened, and how to correct this? I have a LOT of hours invested in this layout and it would really irritate to have scrap it.

White_Gravel.jpg

The first thing is to go to the content manager and see if that texture has errors.
It could be the map of normales.
I think the best thing is to try other textures, choose one and block replace it in the route with one click.

Regards

I had that happen to me on the first day of winter (1st June southern hemisphere). December 1st is the first official day of winter in your hemisphere. The texture file was poorly formated for the seasons. My only solution was to change to another texture.

The quick and dirty fix is to edit the config.txt file of the texture and change the image of the winter texture to be the same as the other seasons use.

With much respect pware, the official first day of winter in our hemisphere is 21st December - unless you happen to be among the tiny number of people who work in meteorology. So we are enjoying the colours of autumn for a few weeks yet!

Seasonal issue, check the date under environment.

A route I am working on had trees go colorful and a few days ago then became naked sticks. Seems the game sets the in world date to the real world date when working on a route.

Thanks very much everyone! You're absolutely right, environment/date issue. Changed the date, snow go bye-bye!!!!! That makes life easy, as I don't actually want a changing date on this layout.

Back