Merging Sessions after Merging Routs

JackDownUnder

I have finally moved over to TRS22 having successfully transferred all of my TRS19 work.
This post is about merging.
Successfully merged two of my routes without too many issues.
Now the question is how does one incorporate the sessions from the two merged route.

Jack, the new route you have created will have a unique Kuid number. All you need to do is open each session and alter the session config file to reflect the new route Kuid dependency number. In content creator, highlight each session, right click on it and in the box that appears, click on open and then in the next drop down click on Edit Config Text File. When the config file opens find the line titled 'map-kuid' and replace the accompanying kuid no with the Kuid no of the new route. Once you have done that, close the config file, which will then say the session is open for edit, and click 'Submit Edits'. The session should then appear on the new route. Hope this helps.
Regards
Bob

To add to Bob's instructions, use the search and replace function to replace the map-kuid in both the reference to it as the map-kuid and also in the kuid-table. It beats searching through out the config.txt file for the kuid number.

There is a possibility that the sessions will no longer function properly. There may be duplicate asset names such as trackmarks. Also, rules may be inconsistent.

Thanks for all you help guys, worked fine.
Pitkin, I realise that there would be issues and it will take a lot of work to bring it up to scratch especially as I use portals where appropriate.
One od the merged routes has had a major issue when running the session.
Frame rate drops to next to nothing and is not usable.

This occurred during updates in TRS2019 and I have been unable to resolve it.

There remains a lot of work to do.

Back