TRS22 BUGS

SteveGaddy

Having just bought a boatload of DLC - along with TRS22 Platinum - I'm enjoying working through the stuff, but several of my pieces of DLC have issues that prevent the sessions being completed. In the Milwauke Road route (summer session) I hitch up the cars, as instructed, then it fails me 100 yards on. In another DLC (Oil Delivery) I am stuck endlessly at a red light. I've left the game running for an hour, and still sat there. I'm a defector for DTG, and I really want Trainz to be my new home, as well as really getting into making my own routes and stuff. I've just been on the official bug page, but it's a pain when you have several issues. I suppose my question is, are issues being looked at? After spending over £500 with Dovetail Games, I was told to STFU complaining, for mentioning a 2 year old bug twice - six months apart. I hope I don't develop Deja Vu. Thanks.

Unfortunately here in Trainz we have our own collection of DLC bugs that have been complained about many times with nothing ever being done about them.

A bad feature for trs22 is that the save function does not work properly. Delete a loco and replace it is accepted but does not respond to session stating it is under user control.
Delete duplicate drivers name will also not accept the change.

don't know if this a BUG....

when you put loco on a turntable save and then try to move/remove you are selecting the turntable when you click on the loco.
in this case you cannot remove the loco from the turntable.
If you delete the turntable, you will then have the loco invisible some where on the map untill you delete that session.

don't know if this a BUG....

when you put loco on a turntable save and then try to move/remove you are selecting the turntable when you click on the loco.
No, not a bug.

When one object is sitting on top of another (e.g. a loco on a turntable, a passenger seat on a platform, etc) it can be very difficult to select, even when using the original Surveyor 1.0. The trick is to use the Filter Selection controls in the Assets Palette.

In the case of the loco on the turntable:-
  1. set the Assets Palette filter type to Filter Selection, and
  2. set the Assets Palette object filter to Trains
This will prevent the mouse pointer from selecting anything other than rolling stock objects.

See the Trainz Wiki page at How_to_Use_S20_Tools#Narrowing_the_Search for more details.

No, not a bug.

When one object is sitting on top of another (e.g. a loco on a turntable, a passenger seat on a platform, etc) it can be very difficult to select, even when using the original Surveyor 1.0. The trick is to use the Filter Selection controls in the Assets Palette.

In the case of the loco on the turntable:-
  1. set the Assets Palette filter type to Filter Selection, and
  2. set the Assets Palette object filter to Trains
This will prevent the mouse pointer from selecting anything other than rolling stock objects.

See the Trainz Wiki page at How_to_Use_S20_Tools#Narrowing_the_Search for more details.
Thanks for that....

Back