Unable to submit changes to asset due to "config file contains wrong kuid"

tangerine

I'm trying to upgrade a caboose but I can't submit edits due to "Unable to submit changes to asset <kuid:977482:100761> as the config file contains wrong KUID"
Does anybody know why this error occurred and how to fix it?

Did you create the original asset you have modified or did you modify it from the DLS or another source? Is it a clone of an original asset?

The only thing that comes to mind is a conflict with the original asset kuid code and the one in your modified version.

I note that 977482 is your userid code. If you have cloned or modified an asset created by someone else then your modified asset should have a new kuid which will include 977482

Open the config.txt file and check that the asset has the correct kuid code (i.e. with 977482). This will be found in two places, both must have the same value.

The tag "kuid" should have a value "<kuid:977482:xxxxx>" where "xxxxx" should be 100761.
The "kuid-table" (usually at or near the end of the file) should have as one of its entries the same kuid value "<kuid:977482:xxxxx>"

My theory anyway. I could, of course, be totally off the mark.

I have come across this message several times when adding a new asset and cloning an existing asset. I fixed the wrong Kuid issue by comparing the folder Kuid and the config kuid, both should be identical. If there is mismatch, replace the confg file Kuid with folder Kuid.

John

Try importing the asset that's open for edit rather than submitting it then submitting it.

I fixed the wrong Kuid issue by comparing the folder Kuid and the config kuid, both should be identical. If there is mismatch, replace the confg file Kuid with folder Kuid.

Thanks for the reminder - that is frequently the cause of this error message. Open the asset and then select Edit Config File Text. Compare the two kuid values - the one in the text editor menu bar and the one in the kuid tag. Both should be the same.

Kuid-Conflicts.png

Back