Can't submit edits to asset due to "wrong KUID"

tangerine

I can't submit edits to asset "undec_u28b" or "<kuid:977482:100579>" by diecastgalore due to "Unable to submit changes to asset <kuid:977482:100579> as the config file contains wrong KUID". How do I change the KUID safely to fix this error? Do I just have to add a ":1>" to kuid? Or is it more complicated than that?

Check the rest of the config for any typos in the tags/containers. Or a missing curly bracket since I’ve had it happen to me only for me to find that a bracket was missing.

Check the rest of the config for any typos in the tags/containers. Or a missing curly bracket since I’ve had it happen to me only for me to find that a bracket was missing.
I checked and I saw that I had placed a bracket backwards. Thanks!

Last edited:
If you are editing the asset and update the Kuid manually in the config.txt file:

Go back into Content Manager and import the asset-folder from the file menu.

This will bring that asset into Content Manager and submit it and you can then revert the original.

The alternative is to use Windows File Explorer or Mac OS/X Finder and navigate to your user data / edit folder. Copy that asset-folder to your desktop and do the editing there. Once done, drag and drop the asset-folder on to Content Manager and revert the original.

Whatever method you use is your preference.

If you are editing the asset and update the Kuid manually in the config.txt file:

Go back into Content Manager and import the asset-folder from the file menu.

This will bring that asset into Content Manager and submit it and you can then revert the original.

The alternative is to use Windows File Explorer or Mac OS/X Finder and navigate to your user data / edit folder. Copy that asset-folder to your desktop and do the editing there. Once done, drag and drop the asset-folder on to Content Manager and revert the original.

Whatever method you use is your preference.
I haven't changed the KUID manually, The game changed the KUID. Any other methods?

You can only clone it and then alter it under your kuid number. You can't just edit the asset and save.

Last edited:
Ok, but HOW do I change the KUID, and how can I do that safely?

Clone the asset. In content manager, highlight the asset and press CTRL+A.

Open a new window, or change the existing one, to Open for edit.

You'll see New Asset.

Right-click on it and choose edit config in text editor, or however it's worded.

You need to keep the spacing the same, but you can edit and make changes such as the username. Change that to whatever you want to call the asset.

The KUID will be changed for you and the purpose of editing the username is so you know what the asset is.

Once edited, save and close Notepad or whatever editor you used.

Right-click on the open for edit asset in Content Manager and choose submit.

If there are any errors, check your work.

I can't find kuid quoted by OP on DLS, or the DLCs I have. I'm version 117424 TS22.
For Diecastgalore 78665 I have 26 Packaged and one builtin, none of which are undec_u28b.
Try Reverting to Original. This may reveal to you what the correct kuid is.

Edit:

Kuid2:78665:2504:3 undec_28b with ARN numbering scheme.

Description "New locomotive model,eliminating most of the pitfalls from my earlier efforts such as the long list of attachments, incorporating LOD mesh and compatible with newer versions of Trainz without errors, tested and error free in TANE build 81296. This undec mesh is in the style of L&N"

Last edited:
<kuid2:78865:2504:3> undec_u28b is on DLS. Perhaps that is the original KUID?
Yes, that is the original KUID. The new KUID is <kuid:977482:100579> and the new asset name is "undec_u28b exp 1", it's a modification of "undec_u28b" that adds a corona to the headlights. Is the KUID supposed to be <kuid:78865:100579>?. Or is it supposed to be <kuid2:78865:2504:4>?

I think if you modified it on your own computer and submitted edits, it would keep the original kuid and the status would change to "modified". But if you want to keep the original, the best way is to clone it, which would give it your kuid number, them edit that clone.

It should not be either of the 78865 kuids as it is not your kuid number. The modification was done on the clone which has your kuid number.

Back