New Install TRS2022

JackDownUnder

Today purchased the stand alone version BUILD 117655.
Lot of additional items required to allow me to open one of my own Routes.
Will work on it again tomorrow.
There is however one item relating to Settings which Needs addressing
- Under General - Monitor is preselected as "Primary display (Generic PnP Monitor)

There does not appear to be any way to change to my actual monitor.

Also
- Under Dev - User ID: is fixed as -2

Is this able to be changed?

Could anyone assist please.

Under General - Monitor is preselected as "Primary display (Generic PnP Monitor)

There does not appear to be any way to change to my actual monitor.

- Under Dev - User ID: is fixed as -2

I think "Primary display..." is normal - mine show the same. (also in Tane)

"-2" ...in launcher -> Settings, you need to log in under "MyTrainz"

Last edited:
I believed that it is deeper than that.
The Build under discussion, I have realised, woke up in middle of the night to realise this, does not allow creation which is why ones User ID is fixed at -2.
No idea why as ant other game it does not recognise what is installed in the PC.
I will be requesting a cancellation of my purchase later today as the game is of no use to me as it is.
Will remain with TRS2019.

If you did not put your user name and password in the launch screen settings/internet then the game gives you a -2. Your content should revert to your kuid once you have entered your username and password. Generic PnP Monitor is usually the one that is set up in windows.

As others have pointed out above, a userid of "-2" is the default for a new install and even, if I remember correctly, for many SP updates.

The procedure is

1. re-enter your username and password in the Trainz Settings --> MyTrainz Tab
  2. wait for the appropriate message that the change was accepted
  3. exit Trainz completely (most important)
  4. restart and open Trainz Settings --> Dev Tab to confirm that your userid is now correct.

That is sorted now thanks.
Still have to sort the Monitors also am I able to edit my own route as carried out in TRS2019 or do I require the new Surveyor.

Unfortunately for N3V I do not play the game as such I only have two routes which I have constructed which I concentrate on.
One is ECML from Thirsk to Northallerton with branch lines, including Ripon.
Here my aim is to fill Northallerton with traffic associated with the NER in the pre WW1 years all to timetable.
The second one which was basically my first major route includes the above however commences at York and includes Harrogate and branches.
I have to rework this soon and merge them both together.

Here's a suggestion. You could create a copy of your TRS19 local data folder, point your new TRS22 build to the copy, and when the game starts it will run a db repair. You'll be able to drive your routes with no further effort required.

Copy your TRS19 Build folder to a new location then change the path in TRS22 settings/install to that folder's location. You will have all the assets you used in TRS19 now in TRS22. You continue to work on your routes in the same way.

I'm not sure why you would think that. Can you explain more as it may help me understand and explain things better.

To be clear, once you start editing in TRS22 you will be making a "new route" that will work in TRS22 onwards. You would have two assets with the same KUID so it could get confusing so using Save As and calling the new one xxx TRS22 would help clear up confusion.

Because you've made a copy, the TRS19 version in the old folder will remain available for TRS19.

Apologise for the delayed response, I have finally achieved a transfer with nearly all items present and correct in my routes with a couple of exceptions.
Exception
a - The mapping, created with TransDEM does not appear to be transferred.
b - The ground area not previously painted is painted, guess this is a new feature of TRS22

On the journey to move my routes one outstanding problem related to the session.
It moved across ok with the exception that "Driver Command", while the session structure was present, selections were missing.
I had to set up the "Driver Command" selection save and close then reimport from TRS2019 cdp.

So all in all very satisfied and while I will for the present continue my work in progress in TRS2019 for the time being, because I still have the mapping there.

As you are aware from our previous communications I do not PLAY the game I concentrate on building a period route with as much accuracy as possible in the pre amalgamation era of the NER.

My soul aim at present is to program to timetables of the era for all the movements through Northallerton.
By the end of this year this should nearly be completed at which time my intent is to create a video for presentation to the NER Organisation.

All rolling stock, with a few exception are correct for the period, obtained at some continuing expense from a modeller of Trainz stock.

The default for baseboards now is grass-textured. This is controlled through the regions and pware and others have created regions without the textures so that you can have the basic grid back to start with. With TRS22, there are three different views when pressing the F9 key. You have the green, the grid, and the mesh view, but you like many of us, we prefer a blank grid to start.

With TransDEM, reinstall the textures, I think that will fix that. I've had no issues with previously created route not having the textures on them.

I don't remember anything regarding the driver commands but then again, I didn't import anything and only created a copy of my full database from TRS2019 and setup my TRS+ to point to the copy. This preserved everything and anything I had before.

Regarding the last para, I also carried out this procedure, however maybe not correctly, finally reached my goal.

One thing that I failed to mention is something odd in TRS2019.

Since making the moves to TRS2022 there is one of those rotating loading icons continually present at the bottom of the page of the select route screen.

Any suggestions how to cancel?

Regarding the last para, I also carried out this procedure, however maybe not correctly, finally reached my goal.

One thing that I failed to mention is something odd in TRS2019.

Since making the moves to TRS2022 there is one of those rotating loading icons continually present at the bottom of the page of the select route screen.

Any suggestions how to cancel?

Ignore that. The loading icon is due to something going on with the store and the servers, or perhaps the new Multiplayer Surveyor being tested. It's not doing anything other than spinning.

Back