Trainz-Content Site broken links

shebashetan7

Morning all,

I'm curious what's going on with the Trainz Content site where I can find assets by csxt17 and applegathc. One of the horn pack links on their sounds section does not work. I get a google drive 404 error when I try to access it. What happened that cause the link to get deleted? It's unusual cause the links to everything else on the site work. I understand if the horns were outdated or not up to standards and the author elected to pull them from public release. Thanks!

It appears they've pulled the sounds, since this goes right back to Google Drive and not it's not a pointer.

The only thing you can do is substitute the sound with another. You can do that by editing the config.txt file and replacing the KUID for the sound you need. This is located in two places, the hornsound pointer and in the KUID table.

Since there are more than a gazillion horns available for download from the DLS plus whatever you can obtain from Jointed Rail content, built in, and elsewhere, you have plenty of choices to choose from. It's not like it's a unique asset such as an engine cab or bogey.

Last edited:
I would contact them and ask them if the first link is correct. All the others end with filetype of .cdp but the first one does not. It appears that the link itself is bad.

First link points to the google drive account and it seems that owner of that account deleted the file from there or moved it to another location.

Back