Content Store Question Regarding Updates

Nethog61

In the Content Store "Purchased" tab I see listed all of my content that was purchased as part of TANE, TRS2019, or as DLC from the Trainz Store. When I click on the "Updates" tab I only see "TRS19 - Midwestern Branch" listed as an update. However, if I go back to the "Purchased" tab, and right-click on some content and select "View Details" (e.g. Trainz Route: Fall Harvest Nebraska"), I see an "Update" button at the top right of the details window. My question is why don't I see the Fall Harvest Nebraska route listed in the Content Store, Updates tab? is it recommended that I update all my content from the View Details window or will this potentially cause issues with the content? For example if I update Fall Harvest Nebraska from View Details, will I have to work through a list of broken or missing dependencies etc?

Updating either way does exactly the same thing with no harm or need to search for parts. Sometimes, you'll see a view error button. Click on that and then click cancel. This is a known issue and has something to do with a version reference that's out of date on the server with what's actually offered for download.

Thanks John. I'm still curious however why the update doesn't appear in the main Updates tab of Content Manager. I would think that most more casual trainz players such as myself wouldn't even be aware that an update exists for their purchased items.

Thanks John. I'm still curious however why the update doesn't appear in the main Updates tab of Content Manager. I would think that most more casual trainz players such as myself wouldn't even be aware that an update exists for their purchased items.

The store interface has a lot to be desired and is still WIP we've been told which may explain the quirks.

Back