TRS19 SP5 Official Release

Is there anyway to get rid of the new texture interface whereby any new baseboards added , have a ground texture already in place. I noticed this on the new SP5 build. There is a roundabout way to get rid of this ridiculous new "feature" but I prefer much simpler and "ïf it ain't broke, don't fix it" method of having bare baseboards added. leave the texture additions to those of us who want to do it "öur" way! I am reminded of another adage...KISS...keep it simple stupid. Why change something that has worked ...What little hair I have left is slowly being pulled out!!!

Why did we ever move past UTC!! Keep it simple!

* AA x2 causes a number of visual artifacts and was deemed to be no longer required. Given the feedback we are looking at reinstating it.
Anti-Aliasing, depending on the type, can cut framerate in half. Even at the lowest possible setting, there is stuttering! The game performance is just bad at any reasonable graphics setting. I'm curious to know which type of AA TRS19 is using?

Last edited:
Users using my models who use SP5 have advised that the AJS Superscript mesh attachment functionality is completely broken in SP5. I.e. the attached meshes don't appear at all. This would likely affect all models using this script.

This is why I'm not updating past SP3. I know that version doesn't break any of my stuff.

Anti-Aliasing, depending on the type, can cut framerate in half. Even at the lowest possible setting, there is stuttering! The game performance is just bad at any reasonable graphics setting. I'm curious to know which type of AA TRS19 is using?
So, just use your graphics card control panel to change the settings to how you would like. Nvidia allow you to choose between application controlled and manual and save it in a profile.

So, just use your graphics card control panel to change the settings to how you would like. Nvidia allow you to choose between application controlled and manual and save it in a profile.
Thank you. It works and performance is much better than before, however there is still a lot of stuttering, unlike SP4.

Last edited:
TRS2019 SP 5, trains crash and derail when using the AI, and at times with manual control, when coupling and with run around. Never had this problem in any version of Trainz. Made the mistake of trusting the developer. This version is not usable for me. Worst update since trainz12.

Yes thanks pware. Unfortunately that tag is not allowed in Type - map within the config file and is coming back as faulty. I also tried in game and it does not work . Thanks for the help though.
See what annoys me is that, what I was able to achieve with one keystroke previously, is now requiring 2 or even 3 keystrokes to achieve the same result. In my book, that is called gross inefficiency. When computer software techs begin their assault on easy ways of doing things to more complicated ways and then have the nerve to call that "progress".

Looks like I will need to shave my head to save me the angst...:':)D

Last edited:
The tiny symbols in the Name column of Content Manager seem to be useless clutter. They hold no more information than what is already in the Type column, in fact less.

For example, the Type column has a boulder listed as Scenery while a cow is nicely classified as Fauna. Yet both boulder and cow get the same generic scenery symbol (looks more like a piece or track or something). Moreover, the symbols are not even sortable like the Type column is.

Is there a setting to turn off these symbols?

UPDATE RE LOCALISATIONS:
There is a temporary fix for people who run Trainz in languages other than English here:
https://support.trainzportal.com/in...ew/179/0/how-to-update-your-localisation-file

Please note that this temporary fix needs to be reverted (by you manually) prior to patching your build in any future update.

Bolivar - the full instructions are here: https://www.trainzportal.com/News/view/trs19-service-pack-5-official-release

Hiawathamr
- Steam does not have a Platinum Edition
>>
afaik, this has always been the case.

- "why did you disable these options? "
>> If you are referring to the Driver options, we didn't. It's working fine here. Please submit a bug report with details of your issue.

Re:
<kuid:942118:712> Flat Lib

<kuid:942118:716> Ground Lib
>>
I suspect you got these from a TRS22 build or beta. This could happen if you swapped around local data folders at any stage.

Re:
<kuid:942118:712> Flat Lib

<kuid:942118:716> Ground Lib
>>
I suspect you got these from a TRS22 build or beta. This could happen if you swapped around local data folders at any stage.

Possible, but I do not recall ever swapping the TRS19 and TRS22 userdata folders. The short term solution is to not use the CV rock scenery assets.

Unfortunately that tag [default-texture] is not allowed in Type - map within the config file and is coming back as faulty.

The default-texture tag goes into the region asset config.txt file, not the route (map) config.txt file. But even there I am running into problems with minimum build number requirements (4.8 it seems is required) and the use of the category-region tag which generated an error. I will have to explore the region changes further.

The adventure continues.

hello Tony,
thanks for the patch for languages , it's ok
+ superelevation , good for me :)

in the time , no problem for me (steam version 116685) thanks
cheers
gilles

Last edited:
Bulk asset update replace is not allowing textures to be placed under splines - Platinum stream update on Gold subscription.
Everything else is working very smoothly, no extra missing assets and nothing went faulty.
cheers
Graeme

Steam version has more bugs. I'm signed into my Trainz account and there are no platinum features enabled; no camera mods, no USD, no additional features. It has reverted back to standard. Yes I'm signed in. Yes I've cheared the login, yes I've done everything else and did no good.

Tony, I am seeing the same issue. Let me see if I can make the situation clearer. I bought TRS19 NA Edition from Steam many years ago. It was at the time the Standard version. Later when TRS19 Platinum was introduced I purchased it from N3V. Now my terminology may not be the same as what you use but here is what happened to me and others that own both versions. After my username was flagged as being a Platinum owner, my Steam TRS19 NA edition magically became branded as TRS19 Platinum and all the features available to the Platinum edition were activated in it. This may have been an unintended consequence of the username controlling what features are activated system. This continued to be true through all the service patches up to this one. Now this might have been a mistake all along, if so then so be it. But now my Steam version has reverted to the Standard Edition. Now I understand the username flagging system may have been incorrectly giving me access to features that I should not have had access to in the Steam version. From posts in the forum, TRS19 users appear to have access to MPS for a while perhaps as an enticement to purchase Trainz Plus or TRS22. I believe I saw a post from you that this was a temporary feature that would be turned off with SP5's release. Could it be that in using the username authorization system to turn on and off features that a mistake was made that took away features from Platinum owners who also own the Steam version.

Just to add that my separate install of TRS19 Platinum is fine but it is not updated and is at version 105100 as I seldom had a need to use it and there were serious issues with the available service patches. Better to be safe than sorry. My username gives me all the features I would expect to have in Platinum for that version.

William

Last edited:
Unfortunately that tag is not allowed in Type - map within the config file and is coming back as faulty. I also tried in game and it does not work . Thanks for the help though.

I think I now have it sorted. At least this works.

You will need to add the following two tags to the config.txt file of any region asset where you want to use the standard baseboard grid and not the "overgrown lawn" that will appear instead.

default-texture <kuid of texture to be used as grid>
trainz-build 4.8

Obviously, you substitute in the actual kuid of a real (PBR) texture grid - the one used in TRS19 is <kuid:-25:1180> which will have to be added to the kuid-table as well. The default-texture tag is only valid in region assets with a Trainz build number of 4.8 and above so the trainz-build tag must be included as well and set to 4.8 (at least).

In experimenting on this I used the built-in Australia region. Once you modify this region asset to include the above changes and then submit it to CM you will get two errors. There is a tag in the file, "asset-filename" (about halfway down) that should not be there - I don't know what it does, I suspect a typing error. Delete it. The second error is the missing thumbnail - a built-in asset can get away without one but a modified asset cannot.

Code:
thumbnails
 {
     {
            image                                                     "thumbnail.jpg"
            width                                                      240
            height                                                     180
     }
 }
I will upload my modified Australia region asset to the DLS. It has the fixes (the normal TRS19 grid) and a thumbnail.

Peter

Last edited:
Hi pware. the adventure certainly continues. I used your mod on the built in United Kingdom region. Faulty because the config required the container in the config relating to the thumbnail. Did that . Had to re boot game to delete the faulty flag. Now working as it should with grid displaying instead of said hairy grass....A workaround, however I am still adamant about not fixing stuff if it ain't broke....I only have one route that I edit in TRS19, all the rest I do in TANE. so much more user friendly interface. One click gets me my result, In 19, over 2 or 3 and this workaround for the grid........Anyhow, thanks for the help and thanks to Tony for the Trainz Portal link. Main problem with the grid region is that there is no road traffic attached to it. So if I want to add grid i need to replace traffic region with grid region and then back again after adding baseboards .....Enough said, I have made my point. Have a nice day all...

Last edited:
A few answers:

- why plain obvious interface issues do not get repaired/improved?
>>
Because we haven't allocated time to cosmetic issues while we are dealing with functional issues, crash bugs, and other higher priority tasks

- driverlist, sliders, my collection topmenu, #trainzchat, store, scripted minimap
>>
you're missing quite a few. We could probably spend a whole quarter updating the UI. People would then say "why waste time on that while there are more important things to address".

- why (this is personal) I still think build 100240 is the best Trainz ever.
>>
You don't mention why. I guess having ~100 crash bugs and several hundred other bugs that we've fixed since then don't affect you

The UI is not just a cosmetic issue. It is how we interact with your product. A poorly designed UI = a poor user experience for some people as much as functional issues and crash bugs do. Pushing things back can in many instances introduce problems further down the line. I hope the UI in TRS22 and S2.0 doesn't suffer the same fate and get marked as a lower priority. Think again.

As for 100 crash bugs and several hundred other bugs that have been fixed... well maybe it's time to start looking inwards and ask your team why so many bugs are introduced when service packs and new features are introduced.

John

Tony, I am seeing the same issue. Let me see if I can make the situation clearer. I bought TRS19 NA Edition from Steam many years ago. It was at the time the Standard version. Later when TRS19 Platinum was introduced I purchased it from N3V. Now my terminology may not be the same as what you use but here is what happened to me and others that own both versions. After my username was flagged as being a Platinum owner, my Steam TRS19 NA edition magically became branded as TRS19 Platinum and all the features available to the Platinum edition were activated in it.
-snip-
William

I've always been dissappointed that I purchased a TRS19 Standard Edition (Early Release) and upon joining Gold subscription I was (properly) flagged as a Plus user and I received those great benefits. But... even though I had purchased "Standard" and wished to have access to it, if I downloaded a standard version it automatically upgrades to Plus with all the new features. To get a Standard version I had purchase yet another Standard edtion under a completely new account. If features are going to be keyed to account, then the customer should be able to turn features on and off upon launch or via separate install. After all, many people like to be able to have access to and run "older" releases for "nostalgia" and testing and comparison. When I went Gold and "obrtained everything N3V has" I lost the Standard Version that I had purchased outright on the same account. btw.. I just recently replayed thru the original MOHAA again... what fun... what memories. It's a shame I'll never be able to play thru TRS19 Early Release again. This serves as a reminder for you and I to keep copies of full installers.

Last edited:
installed no problem 12 hour database rebuild. couple assests listed with missing depecncies, when none were missing.

Back