European and British Narrow Gauge Screenshots

Happy New Years all,

:clap::clap:What terrific looking pictures, and they come with Christmas Lights too!:clap::clap:

I like it a lot.....You made my day......Errrh, should I say evening, New Years for us is less tan 3 Hours....:hehe:

Again from the bottom of my heart, this Forum and the Members who make things, I am so appreciative.........Peace and Good Health in 2022:D

2022-01-01btn.jpg

original picture 1980x1200

Lets keep the thread going. :)

Pilton Yard.

Chelfham Viaduct (WIP).

Between Pilton and Snapper Halt. (Playing with TurfFx).

Bridge 17.

A View from Bretagne, France......

Good Saturday Morning All,

I was up most of the night, bringing in the New Years, and was playing with this little French Route, Bretagne 5.1, that someone had made. I was making some changes for myself and trying to understand some of the things, the Author made.....

Rail is 1067MM, if I am correct, it comes out 42 inch wide Track. At least that is what little Assets I had that fit OK.,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brittany

Brittany (/ˈbrɪtəni/; French: Bretagne [bʁətaɲ] (About this sound listen); Breton: Breizh, pronounced [bʁɛjs] or [bʁɛx];[1] Gallo: Bertaèyn [bəʁtaɛɲ]) is a peninsula, historical country, and cultural area in the west of modern France, covering the western part of what was known as Armorica during the period of Roman occupation. It became an independent kingdom and then a duchy before being united with the Kingdom of France in 1532 as a province governed as a separate nation under the crown.ag

Overhead view of Route.

There was missing Bridge, here, so I found one, I thought might be OK to use for now.....

I like Light Houses, and his Route had one.........

Had about 12 pieces or so of 42 inch Rolling Stock and couple of Engines. Going to search around to see if I can find some more in this size.

This Turntable has invisible Tracks placed around the Perimeter of the Table, not sure why this was done....I need to place an Engine on it, and see how this works......

There was Basic Portals here to start with, I removed for now, and added NG Tunnel with Track......Added some more Blank Tiles and built out the Mountains on the edges of the Route, this is still WIP........There was some Textures missing too, no big deal, I really like this little Route, it really detailed, as you can see, there are Grid Lines showing, I am covering them in some Textures as I go......Looks like I missed them when I took picture......

I thinned the Trees by 30% so it would be easier on my Graphics Card, now I don't have any Stutter in the Frames.......

This another view of the bay, I needed to deepen the Ocean area, since it was 0 Elevation, I took it down to 5 feet near shore areas, and 15 feet in all other areas. Changed the water color from clear to light grey or blueish tints, depending on time of day......

Hello from french Britany ,

Hi Blue , I am the original author of this little route wich was made for 2009 SP4...

This route have been updated to Tane by VincentRH, and last year for Trs19 by myself... And is also included into my map Bretagne 2021 de Lannevez à Pordic : BRETAGNE 2021 de Lannevez à Pordic - Site de batiments-ponts-viaducs ! (jimdofree.com) (+100 baseboards) or the Tane version of the module you show above : Bretagne (google.com)

It will be much more easy to use...

If interested by the TRS19 version I can provide it to you...

Best wishes for this new Year, very friendly, Marc aka Papytrainz

Last edited:
Hello Blue,

Glad you are here!

The route is on the DLS here
<kuid:458053:100370> BRETAGNE 5.1

2 sesions..
<kuid:49099:100004> BRETAGNE 5.1 freight trip
<kuid:458053:100369> BRETAGNE 5.1 session

There is a long thread about the route here...

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...oute-metric-gauge-for-TANE&highlight=bretagne

The correct track should be <kuid2:458053:103702:2> Metric Track dark ballast(procedural)
There are many items of rolling stock available, search for 'metric' or 1000mm in CM.

Cheers,
Graham

Hello from french Britany ,

Hi Blue , I am the original author of this little route wich was made for 2009 SP4...

This route have been updated to Tane by VincentRH, and last year for Trs19 by myself... And is also included into my map Bretagne 2021 de Lannevez à Pordic : BRETAGNE 2021 de Lannevez à Pordic - Site de batiments-ponts-viaducs ! (jimdofree.com) (+100 baseboards) or the Tane version of the module you show above : Bretagne (google.com)

It will be much more easy to use...

If interested by the TRS19 version I can provide it to you..

Best wishes for this new Year, very friendly, Marc aka Papytrainz

Hello Giraud,

It is a pleasure to meet you, and I would be interested in the TRS19 version............Thank you for the beautiful pictures of your Route.......I'm sure that version would better to play with since it is made for my Current Trainz,

Appreciate all the additional information you provided. I'm embarrassed to say this, but I went on a Cruise from Florida to UK,2 yr's ago, Pre Covid and the night we were too see Paris, there was a very bad Storm, and the Captain of our Ship said it was to dangerous to travel in the Stormy Waters of the Atlantic Ocean.....So I have yet to see Paris, France.

God willing some day I will make it there to see all the wonderful sites France has to offer.......;)

=========================================================================

@The correct track should be <kuid2:458053:103702:2> Metric Track dark ballast(procedural)
There are many items of rolling stock available, search for 'metric' or 1000mm in CM.

Cheers,
Graham

Good Day Graham,

Thank you for info on Rolling Stock Etc, I didn't think about searching in "Metric & 1000mm" that makes perfect sense.......

Have wonderful New Year too! :wave:

Hi Graham , thank you for the complement inormation...

You can se the module at the beginning in 2015 under Trainz2009 SP4:

This picture in game :

And the real picture of "Aber Wrac'h" a kind of river near the Britsh Channel...

And a picture from Google Earth:

All around I have created a little world of metric trains, just to show my vision of this part of my Country...

I hope you will enjoy it as I do !!!

A picture of TRS 19 Version :

Friendly, Marc

Last edited:
Wow Giraud you do amazing work. I was having difficulty picking the real world pictures from the the Trainz screenshots.

Thanks for your kind words Graham. I hope you spent the holidays as well as possible.:)
I extend these words to Blue as well (mounting and dismounting tracks). :hehe:

Great screenshots.

Now the railroad of the Sierra de Gredos, metric gauge.

"Snow in Bejar Pass"

2022-01-02-164323.jpg

2022-01-02-164440.jpg

2022-01-02-164657.jpg

Thanks for your kind words Graham. I hope you spent the holidays as well as possible.:)
I extend these words to Blue as well (mounting and dismounting tracks). :hehe:

Great screenshots.

Now the railroad of the Sierra de Gredos, metric gauge.

"Snow in Bejar Pass"

Good Monday morning my friend,

We did have nice holiday until last Friday Night, when we found out someone tested Covid Positive in our another family member home.....Unfortunately a couple of attendees who came to Holiday party were found Covid Positive, and one of them had family who was recovering from Covid....How stupid can you be, is beyond me......

So now, all of us had to Quarantine for New Years until we get another round of tests to be sure we are not positive, the lines are very long in many places, most likely, because it is in the middle of the holiday times......People want to be together!

I and couple of others were sick with Sinus problems, not Colds or Covid, and ironically no Fever Temps.........So we didn't need this Possible Exposure to a Covid Positive person situation.......

Today we have to make Appointments for several of us to be checked........Just had all our Covid Test week and half ago, and all fine.....Go Figure.......:(

Other than that, I and other Family member are on the mend from Sinus issues.......I usually get one bout in the Summer and sometimes again in Winter. So it is normal, no fun of course, and I usually lose my Voice for a day or too,,,,,,,At least I can type here.........:hehe:

That's it for now my Friend.....

Stay well and healthy.....

Hugs from across the Pond :)

Hello Blue,

Glad you are here!

The route is on the DLS here
<kuid:458053:100370> BRETAGNE 5.1

2 sesions..
<kuid:49099:100004> BRETAGNE 5.1 freight trip
<kuid:458053:100369> BRETAGNE 5.1 session

There is a long thread about the route here...

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...oute-metric-gauge-for-TANE&highlight=bretagne

The correct track should be <kuid2:458053:103702:2> Metric Track dark ballast(procedural)

Cheers,
Graham

Update for Monday (1-3-22)

Good morning Graham,

I did use this link below, and download the 6 Segments of TRS19 you suggested, what an amazing Route you and other Built,,,,,,,Thank you so much for the assistance, it is working fine on my ROG Strix, 17" Screen Laptop.... I had to reduce the trees a little bit, because my Video Card is only NVIDIA 1080 GTI, 4 meg Ram, and no way to upgrade it, other than updating the Video Graphics Driver that I get about once every month or two........

100 Tiles is no problem...........It just comes down too how concentrated the Rail Yards size, Trees, Buildings for rendering in the Game.........I find it so amazing that you created a Route so similar to the actual area this Route depicts, that is Mega Accomplishment sir, my Hat is off to you........

The other thing is, because I run 2 Terabyte SSD's I have more than enough space for the Route and Assets.......

Thank you again for your information, and assistance in helping me with the old Route..........I plan on using the smaller one I showed here on my Travel Laptop, the Lenovo, S540, it will work fine and I can play with that one. It can not handle the 100 Baseboard Route.........Will enjoy it on during my travels to points in the UK when things get better......

================================================================================================================

A RhB train on its way from Tirano station to the Brusio spiral viaduct. All screenshots taken in TRS22beta on Tomasdevic's Bernina route.<kuid2:338799:100114:1> RhB - Bernina and Albula (Tirano - St. Moritz - Coira (Chur) - Landquart)
<kuid2:338799:100115:1> Ruta Bernina i Albula - Sessió AI

In the streets, after leaving Tirano station
Rhb-train-in-the-streets-of-Tirano.jpg

Waiting for an opposing train to clear the track
RhB-train-waiting-for-a-free-track.jpg

Approaching the Brusio spiral viaduct
RhB-train-approaching-the-Brusio-spiral-viaduct.jpg

Peter

Back