Help finding narrow gauge passenger cars

rogueranger1993

Narrow Gauge Enthusiast
My current WiP route, a late 1880s 3-foot narrow gauge route, is intended to have passenger traffic. In order to do this, I want to use Pencil42's baggage/express/mail products alongside passengers, but it seems as if most passenger cars do not support those products. I have found a 30ng coach and combine that will work, but I also need a baggage/express/mail car to complete the roster (They're the kind of car with two doors on each side, rather than just 1). I do happen to have Col_Klink's '30ng Express-Baggage #31/<kuid2:242091:2109:2>', but it's faulty and won't work, as it seems to be missing some of the key files it needs to work.

So, in short, does anyone know where I can get the files to make the aforementioned car work, or have the files and are willing to share? If not, do they know what I can do to either fix the asset, or to source a replacement? I have considered adding the functionality to another car, but have no idea how to do so properly, so if none of the above pans out, I may start seeking help to do it.

meatloaf, I am unable to find the Murchison cars on the DLS, and all of your links take me to the NG passenger cars on Trainz-Forge.

My issue is not a lack of proper-looking narrow gauge rolling stock, but a lack of rolling stock that is industry interactive for the specific products I mentioned in my OP.

Okay, so I apparently didn't have the Trainz-Forge NG passenger cars installed - I thought I did, but it turns out I didn't, oops! Thanks for being the one who helped me realize that, meatloaf, even if it was indirectly. They have the industry interactivity I want, it's just sad that the baggage and combine cars are from the 1900s and there aren't any 1880-1890 versions to go with them.

As for the Murchison passenger cars, are those part of the Murchison download? I checked trainzone last night, but couldn't find them in the freeware section when I looked.

As for the Murchison passenger cars, are those part of the Murchison download? I checked trainzone last night, but couldn't find them in the freeware section when I looked.

The 3 Murchison carriages are on the DLS. Just type in MRR The kuid numbers are in my post above as well.

Cheers, Mac...

I have looked on the DLS, even used the kuids, but all three of the murchison cars appear to be missing, as I cannot find them when searching either for MRR or using their specific kuids.

In "Content Manager" use the following "Custom Filter":
"On Download Station" = "True"
"Category" = " Train Vehicle"
"Name" = "MRR"
The resulting list should include these 2 Traincars:
<kuid:68213:10000> MRR coach
<kuid:68213:10001> MRR combine
<kuid:68213:15005> MRR baggage
all created by Dinorius_Redundicus.

Peter

Baggage is not handled as an interactive load in my MRR combine or baggage cars. They were all slight edits of some cars made by bendorsey and he didn't configure them with interactive baggage.

They have each been downloaded about 200 times, and nobody else has reported any problems. I wonder if the search is with the DLS website instead of CM and not all the trainz version boxes have been ticked. These assets are TS12 builds.

For brevity, I had to use 'MRR' because 'Murchison' was too long, but that should not matter if searching by kuid.

Last edited:
That would likely be the cause of my issues. Every time I tried searching for the Murchison cars withTRS19 content manager, it turned up nothing, but the first time I look for them on the DLS, they show up.

Back