TANE is unable to authorise itself - although login and password are correct

tume

Hello,

after some month I want to get back to work on trainz again, but it does not start.

There is this message coming up:

"Unable to authorise this product. Please check your MyTrainz account details (prevously Planet Auran) in Launcher > Settings > Internet."

So I opened Launcher > Settings > Internet and typed in my login and my password in again. After I pressed "ENTER" it has been outlined:
"MyTrainz login succeeded, username and password are correct."

But when I pressed "Start Trainz" again, the same message appeared again: "Unable to authorise this product. Please check ..."

I once had that problem in the past, but I cannot remember how I have got it eventually solved.

It would be very nice, if you could help me about that.

Thank you in advance!

Your's TUME

I know after some work on the DRM server it rendered older builds of TANE useless and rendered TMR17 useless as well. I ran into this when I tried to launch TMR17 to perform a quick test followed by a forum post made regarding about this.
Since you didn't share the build number I can tell you if that'll work or not but updating to SP3 / SP4 should fix that issue.

Cheers

Thank you - I am still using TANE SP2 (88364). Years ago I attemped to update to SP3 but have got an Windows Error. Perhaps It will better work if I would download the Full TANE SP4 installer to get SP4 installed. But than I would habe to move all of my content. This will cause other problems.

My intention is to get the MILW Alberton-Avery route finished without too much work about install and data movement stuff. This I will have to do when I will change over the MILW project to TRS2019. But I will need a new PC befor I can make that stepp. This brings me back to my intention to get the MILW route done in TANE first - than I will go for a new PC and than I will have to get content data moved. If I need to go for TANE SP4 now I will probably need to spend time within installation and content data movement two times rather than just one time.

But thank you now I know the problem comes somewhere from the N3V-side :)

Your's TUME

Last edited:
Your welcome:)

But than I would habe to move all of my content. This will cause other problems.
With a new install (if updating doesn't work) you can simply point the new install to your existing and let it run a database update (will be worth backing up your data just in case it does something but it shouldn't).

Cheers

So I opened Launcher > Settings > Internet and typed in my login and my password in again. After I pressed "ENTER" it has been outlined:
"MyTrainz login succeeded, username and password are correct."

But when I pressed "Start Trainz" again, the same message appeared again: "Unable to authorise this product. Please check ..."

Logging in to MyTrainz and getting authorised for a specific version of Trainz are two different things. You can have a MyTrainz account and not own TANE for example.

In your case however, you do own TANE, so perhaps whatever went wrong last time has happened again. You've tried the best solution (re-enter your details). Next thought is that your ISP/router is blocked from reaching the DRM server.

If you're having the same problem as with TRM17 your DRM certificate is out of date. A work around that has been used and does work is to take the DRM certificate from TS2019 and drop it into your Resources => Certificate folder in your TANE SP2 install.

Piping in late here, but KotangaGirl is right on the money. Many of us had this happen a while back and that was the answer that worked. Really quick fix. Thanks Ann!

Back