TZ2009 Content Manager

Brodie

Steam Dreamer
Because of a hard disk failure I have had to reinstall TZ2009 on a new computer. In the process I lost all the content I had downloaded from Content Manager's Download Station. Now I want to use CM to find and download some of my favorite content again. When I go to the Download Station there is a message that says "there are no items to display" and nothing is there. When I do a search nothing comes up. What am I doing wrong?

Because of a hard disk failure I have had to reinstall TZ2009 on a new computer. In the process I lost all the content I had downloaded from Content Manager's Download Station. Now I want to use CM to find and download some of my favorite content again. When I go to the Download Station there is a message that says "there are no items to display" and nothing is there. When I do a search nothing comes up. What am I doing wrong?

If you find out, please post here - I have exactly the same problem and am having to download from the blue pages index.

Because of a hard disk failure I have had to reinstall TZ2009 on a new computer. In the process I lost all the content I had downloaded from Content Manager's Download Station. Now I want to use CM to find and download some of my favorite content again. When I go to the Download Station there is a message that says "there are no items to display" and nothing is there. When I do a search nothing comes up. What am I doing wrong?[/QUOTE

At Download Station, do you have all the boxes checked on the left for all the Trainz versions ?

A while back, I was looking for content on DLS and didn't have the Trainz 2004 box checked. I didn't know the content I was looking for was that old............but it was. Once I checked the Trainz 2004 box, it showed up.

With TS12 and below you need the following requirements:

1) DirectX 09. ---- You can still get this from Microsoft.
2) A video card that supports Open/GL (Not needed for the game, but needed for Content Manager)
3) Must run as administrator
4) Antivirus and Firewall exclusions.

Nos. 3 and 4 are par for the course, but Nos. 1 and 2 are absolutely required.

Now if all this is in place and worked before, it could be that there are browser and network security issues blocking the protocols needed to contact the DLS using the old Content Manager. This version of CM did some funky things, while acceptable in those days, is no longer the case today with changes in network and PC security. If this is the case, then the only resolution is to use the FTP and that's becoming more and more difficult due to security changes with that as well.

It stills works but only if you have a FCT. I downloaded a couple of items to my TRS2006 the other day by accident.

William

That was one of the things I forgot to add to my list. It's fun getting phone calls in the middle of posting.

whitepass said:
Maybe because N3V no longer supports older Trainz?
I don't think that's the case here, as before moving to TS12 (which was only a few days ago), I still had access to 09's DLS, even without any FCT.
Unless of course, I moved out just in time before N3V shut down 09's DLS.

As for the "there are no items to display" problem, refreshing a few times and switching filters usually fixes the problem for me

Last edited:
You have access because you have a registered copy of TANE. It grants you free access regardless of which program you are using. The OP only shows TS12 in their timeline therefore would need an activated FCT to access the DLS.

You have access because you have a registered copy of TANE. It grants you free access regardless of which program you are using. The OP only shows TS12 in their timeline therefore would need an activated FCT to access the DLS.

Even before having TS12 and TANE, I was still able to access the DLS while having an expired FCT (maybe that somehow explains it?).

Back