C&O K2

ShirakoX32

Forsaken Northern Builder
Does anyone know of a scenario on the Hinton division that uses the K2 mikado from K&L trainz? I just bought the engine and I was wondering if I could find a good run for it out there

I've never seen a session setup for that particular locomotive or any other from K&L for that route. This doesn't stop you from modifying another session, cloning, or creating your own on the same route.

Is modifying a session difficult? I’ve never done that before and I’m not very good at setting up my own.

Not difficult at all.

Open up a session you want to modify.

Make changes.

Save.

Exit and open up your copy - it'll show your ID when you hover over the route icon on the menu.

You can then do what you want with that session.

Use one of these sessions to learn how to create your own. It takes time and a little bit of experimenting and patience, but remember nothing gets broken so don't worry about it and if anything is wrecked, you can start over anyway.

thanks I figured it out pretty quick. Now if only I could figure out how to set up a good timetable for a custom one.

There's no real "timetable" yet in Trainz. That's on the someday list and has been for the past 20 years! :hehe:

What I recommend is the Schedule Library and related Copy Commands from driver command.

Setup the schedules - same as adding the commands for the drivers directly, except you do it in the schedule library where you can save multiple driver command-queues for use later on.

Once created, you then use the Copy commands from in the Driver command-bar its self. You open up the copy-commands from and choose insert from library where you pick the schedule needed. There's only one icon shown, but while in Driver, the commands open up to regular driving commands just like you placed them in the library.

What's cool is you can copy these schedules and modify them in the Schedule Library, and you can edit them on the fly while in Driver. The edit while in Driver is good for quick modifications and for fixing an error temporarily. If you need to make a permanent change, you go back to the Surveyor editor and edit the session again.

Hi!
Well done for the experiments.
To add to John's details, there are driver commands which include:-
Wait (for a number of minutes)
Wait until (hours:minutes)
Wait for trigger (use the track marker, give it a name, then the driver will wait until another train activates the trigger)
It doesn't really set up a timetable as such, but you can start a train running at a given time, then stop at a station/industry, wait for a second time etc.
Be generous with the times - if your train is delayed (eg, by another train grabbing priority) and it misses the wait until 10:00 for example, it will wait until tomorrow's 10:00...

Colin

If you modify an existing session, you might want to save it as as a new session with a different name. Even if you just add "-mod" to the end of the session name. That way you'll always have the original unmodified session.

Back