Penetrating continuous sound in C&O Hinton Division!

Astronom

Hi folks,
Tell me, what is that penetrating loud continuous sound in the tasks?
Avis Yard Work,
Thurmond Empties,
and C&O Hinton Division - Multiplayer,
of the C&O Hinton Division track?
It's so annoying that you have to turn the sound off.
If there is already a solution here, I would be pleased if it were made available to me.

M F G

C&O Hinton Division is one of the routes i have used more in Tane, you are talking about penetrating loud continuous sound that have to do with the sessions only or not? I ask this because rarely i play sessions, mostly i prefer to pick a suitable and strong engine that suits the environment and explore it at my own pace. After some runs if the route inspires me i can add extra trains and make my scenario. Now to your question, i have never heard anything so annoying that has to do with this route. Three possibilities i can suspect is the problem. First is a bug that has to do with session and i never heard it, second is the safety valve of the C&O steam boiler, third some rolling stock some times creates a sound conflict which is also a bug, but if you built a different rolling stock the sound might stop. I hope you will find something helpful.

Hello SirGreg,
thank you for your answer.
I am trying to complete the tasks as normal.
In the meantime, I have also received an answer from Support.

This sound is being caused by an updated asset from the Download Station, which has been released by the creator of the route on the Download Station.

You should be able to resolve this issue by deleting the following asset in Content Manager:
Hinton Sand Bunker

Please note this will revert it back to the previous version of the asset; however this will prevent the multiplayer session from working (unless this updated asset is installed again), as multiplayer will require the latest versions of all assets used by the route and session to be installed.

Unfortunately we cannot guarantee that creators will always fully test their assets before releasing on the Download Station, and as such if there is an issue with their asset that they have released on the Download Station then you will need to contact the creator directly. In this case does appear to provide a website and email address in the config file for this asset; which you can access by right clicking on the asset, then go to 'open...', then click on 'edit config file text'. This should then display the config file in Notepad; the contact information should be shown near the top under 'contact-email' or 'contact-website'.

Otherwise you can try contacting the creator through our forums ( https://forums.auran.com/ ), or try asking on our forums for assistance with it.

However, it is not possible to delete the described content with the content manager!
For me, with my knowledge, this means avoiding the designated tasks or deactivating the sound when performing one of these tasks.

M F G

Right-click on the Hinton Sand Bunker.
Choose View Asset Versions.

A new window will open up...

Delete the one that was installed from the Download Station.

Hello SirGreg,
thank you for your answer.
I am trying to complete the tasks as normal.
In the meantime, I have also received an answer from Support.

This sound is being caused by an updated asset from the Download Station, which has been released by the creator of the route on the Download Station.

You should be able to resolve this issue by deleting the following asset in Content Manager:
Hinton Sand Bunker

Please note this will revert it back to the previous version of the asset; however this will prevent the multiplayer session from working (unless this updated asset is installed again), as multiplayer will require the latest versions of all assets used by the route and session to be installed.

Unfortunately we cannot guarantee that creators will always fully test their assets before releasing on the Download Station, and as such if there is an issue with their asset that they have released on the Download Station then you will need to contact the creator directly. In this case does appear to provide a website and email address in the config file for this asset; which you can access by right clicking on the asset, then go to 'open...', then click on 'edit config file text'. This should then display the config file in Notepad; the contact information should be shown near the top under 'contact-email' or 'contact-website'.

Otherwise you can try contacting the creator through our forums ( https://forums.auran.com/ ), or try asking on our forums for assistance with it.

However, it is not possible to delete the described content with the content manager!
For me, with my knowledge, this means avoiding the designated tasks or deactivating the sound when performing one of these tasks.

M F G
You are welcome Astronom and for your thanks and for your entrance to the game and to the forum. Dont let your self down easily, this game is almost always like this, i mean its like search and hide sometimes, this is the part that needs patience but as you see helpful members arise and give their opinions and solutions and the support also. This however being compared to the experience of freedom you will understand in the progress and how the game in general is settled, i think at the end it worths your patience. Enjoy and have a happy new year!

Hello everyone,
Thank you all for the solutions you have provided. I will test them out at my leisure.
I will report back here if necessary.

M F G

Just tried to delete the Hinton Sand Bunker according to JCitron's instructions, unfortunately without success.
How do I go about downloading and updating the current object?
M F G

P.S.
How can I activate e-mail notification for this post?

Just tried to delete the Hinton Sand Bunker according to JCitron's instructions, unfortunately without success.
How do I go about downloading and updating the current object?
M F G

P.S.
Then the version you have installed didn't come from the DLS.

In Content Manager,

Search for this asset.
Right-click on this asset once found.
Choose View Asset versions.

A new window opens.

If the asset is available to download, right-click on that one that's available to download and choose download.

The one that's currently installed will become obsolete and because it's DLC can't be deleted.

P.S.
Near the top of the page, on the right-hand side, there should be a button labeled one of Watch or Unwatch. If it is Unwatch, click on it and it will become Watch. Click on the Watch button, and a pop-up panel will appear with two options, with or without e-mail. Choose as appropriate and on the new Watch button at the bottom center of the panel. Abracadabra: done.

Thanks for the info, regarding mail notification.

M F G

Addendum:
However, none of the buttons mentioned can be found there!

M F G

Thanks for the info, regarding mail notification.

M F G

Addendum:
However, none of the buttons mentioned can be found there!

M F G
Click on your username located on the upper right corner of the forums.
Click on preferences.
There's a checkbox to enable receive email notifications. (paraphrasing)

Also, the buttons I refer to are located immediately above the first message ("near the top") of every page, flush right against the right margin of the thread itself. Sorry I wasn`t more specific earlier.

Found it! Thanks for the help.
One more piece of information about my actual post.
Since none of the suggested options worked, I copied the TRS22 database from an older backup into the current program.
The sound file is obviously still OK here. I will leave it at that for now.

M F G

You`re welcome.

The whole database? Not just related assets? If so, you may just have reverted yourself out of some stuff you wanted to keep. You might want to have a bit of a look-around to see if anything else (besides the annoying noise) has gone missing.

Hello,
I'm happy with this configuration at the moment. Of course it can still happen that unwanted objects appear here. You just have to observe this separately.

M F G

Oh, assets that you know you have download, but can no longer find because they were downloaded after you made the backup that you have restored. Nothing earth-shattering.

Back