Beta and non-beta installs.

rm3001

Sorry if this info is posted somewhere already, but I didn't find it.

To use the TNI SDK I'll need to upgrade to a beta release (build 111341 or above).
Is there a way to maintain a beta and non-beta release on the same machine? What's the best way of doing this?

Thanks in advance.

Russell

To use the TNI SDK I'll need to upgrade to a beta release (build 111341 or above).
Is there a way to maintain a beta and non-beta release on the same machine? What's the best way of doing this?

Thanks in advance.

Russell[/QUOTE.

i keep two installs on my computer all the time - one for the official release and one for the beta. Just down load another copy of the program.
make sure that the directories for the data is different for each build. In this way you can have an install for the official release and the second install can be kept up to date with the latest beta version.

Thanks in advance.

Russell[/QUOTE.

i keep two installs on my computer all the time - one for the official release and one for the beta. Just down load another copy of the program.
make sure that the directories for the data is different for each build. In this way you can have an install for the official release and the second install can be kept up to date with the latest beta version.

Cheers
Russell

Try this:
Copy your userdata folder. Call it something simple like "TRS19-beta-data".
Install another copy of TRS19. When prompted change it's install folder name to something like "TRS19 beta"
Launch the new TRS19 beta and point it's data folder path to the userdata folder.
Quit TRS19.
Launch TRS19 and do a dbr.
Now set your update stream to the proper "beta" stream.
Quit TRS19
Launch again and it should tell you there is a (beta) update.

(If you don't want your beta install to contain everything in your main install don't copy your data folder. Make a new empty data folder and when done with above download/install only the items you want.)

Last edited:
Back