Post update

lenscab

I have just installed the latest update/patch and done a DBR and found in CM that just about all the assets and routes are,
Available For Download,,, Newer Version Available. Is this usual?.
Len

I just installed SP2 to my Platinum and I saw most of the DLC routes had updates in the Content Store. But there is some kind of funky loop between the Midwest route and some kind of "previewpack" That both seem to be sc450. Midwest route installs with an error, then the previewpack shows up. It seems to install OK, but then when you try to do Midwest and it errors again, then the previewpack shows up again....
As regards assets, I am not seeing much of any newer version available, but I keep them updated fairly regularly as I find them.

I just installed SP2 to my Platinum and I saw most of the DLC routes had updates in the Content Store. But there is some kind of funky loop between the Midwest route and some kind of "previewpack" That both seem to be sc450. Midwest route installs with an error, then the previewpack shows up. It seems to install OK, but then when you try to do Midwest and it errors again, then the previewpack shows up again....
As regards assets, I am not seeing much of any newer version available, but I keep them updated fairly regularly as I find them.

Run a DBR in between and see if that helps.

Hi John, I have run DBR and EDBR, to no avail. It is like there are two SC450 packages, one is a preview package of some kind and the other is for the Midwest route, and they are conflicting.

Hi John, I have run DBR and EDBR, to no avail. It is like there are two SC450 packages, one is a preview package of some kind and the other is for the Midwest route, and they are conflicting.

Interesting.

Delete them both.

Run a DBR and then download the Midwest route and see what happens.

I never saw anything in my content about SC450 anywhere.

Hi John. I cannot delete the Route. When I right-click, the Delete is grayed out. I am noticing this is for Midwestern Branch - TRS2019 version 4.7. Is that what you have? Is there some other way to delete the route? I do not see an option inside the game to delete it either....

EDIT: I managed to uninstall it, at which time several other routes showed up in the UPATE tab, but when I said to update one, they all disappeared and Midwestern showed up again with a Cancel button., I clicked Cancel and it went away. Now, it shows up as "Install", so I am assuming I got it unistalled, and I am doing an EDBR, after which I will try the install.

Last edited:
You can not delete payware routes from manage content, you uninstall them from the Content Store.

If that isn't working, find the packages folder and delete all SC450xxx folders, run a DBR then install the correct one from the content store.

Possiby. Malc, I deleted all sc450 packages: sc450, sc450d, sc450f_0, sc450f_1, sc450f_2, sc450f_3, sc450s. I then ran an EDBR, then quit Trainz, then brought it back up. Midwestern said "Install" in the Content Store, so I clicked Install. at the end, I again got "View Error", and it is the same error: "Some featured assets of resource 'simc:sc450' were not included in the packages". After a retry, I just get the same error again. If I go to the Update Icon, I see "Previewpass:sc450" again, along with the Midwestern "Update". I think I will give up until this gets figured out.... Thanks for all your ideas!

Possiby. Malc, I deleted all sc450 packages: sc450, sc450d, sc450f_0, sc450f_1, sc450f_2, sc450f_3, sc450s. I then ran an EDBR, then quit Trainz, then brought it back up. Midwestern said "Install" in the Content Store, so I clicked Install. at the end, I again got "View Error", and it is the same error: "Some featured assets of resource 'simc:sc450' were not included in the packages". After a retry, I just get the same error again. If I go to the Update Icon, I see "Previewpass:sc450" again, along with the Midwestern "Update". I think I will give up until this gets figured out.... Thanks for all your ideas!

Yep, same issue here. After a complete new install of TRS19 Platinum for my payware content only, I have the exact issue with Midwestern. Deleted the sc450's, exited, reloaded, dbr, redownloaded. Still have the "update" showing in the Content store. Midwestern is showing the thumbnail in "Select Route" along with the 'Download'. It then goes through the process of installing, but that is where it falls over with "error/update". Have uninstalled and reinstalled 2x.

Check your Content Vault on your My Trainz account. If there is anything to install, click select. I don't recommend clicking on any routes you may have purchased directly from Jointed Rail, however, but all other content is fine.

Another thing... Ignore the View Error. The error is caused by a version mismatch on the server and has nothing to do with what's installed. If you click on View Error, you'll get a big hex number and then download the asset again.

This has been an issue since the content store was first developed. Tony said at one point, I can't find the original message in my search here, and he said to ignore the error. It'll be fixed at some point soon(tm) to paraphrase.

Last edited:
Is the Vault for Plus/Gold/Silver as being FCT only, there is no 'Vault' option for me, but thanks for the info :) . Regarding MidWestern, it will install but at the end it will pop up with the word 'error' and only the thumbnail is viable in TRS19 Plat itself. The route is not accessible nor any sessions as not installed. I tried with the Steam version a small time ago and the result is the same. I will also give up on this now as been at it from yesterday later evening till 1.30 this morning and a lot of this afternoon trying with another fresh Plat install etc.

Lost count of how many times I have posted this, on the version mismatch error when updating or installing from Content Store Click Cancel, it is actually installed, It is a known bug with manage content and has been ever since it first appeared.

Last edited:
Thanks Malc, I will ignore. I did not recognize it as a version mismatch, and I was not updating from Manage Content, but from Content Store.

SO apparently this isn't really ignorable. What I have in my route selection is "Midwestern Branch" which shows a thumbnail and has a DOWNLOAD option, and Midwestern Branch - TRS 19 which shows up twice, once with a black thumbnail which doesn't work, and once with a regular thumbnail that has a "broken" symbol, but will at least let me click "Create Session". I think it is the older "Midwestern branch that has the broken download, but something isn't right with the 2019 version either. Oddly, there is one 2019 version showing up in Content Manager, and no original or other version. Sigh, maybe another EDBR.....

Last edited:
I agree, there is a clash happening somehow. Perhaps pop in a bug report too?

I sent in a bug report yesterday morning regarding Midwestern and Midwestern - TS19. I watched in Content manager when Midwestern was going through the motions of 'installing' again and Midwestern - TS19 shows as missing dependencies until Midwestern was so called installed, but Midwestern will not show in CM also. So there does seem to be a clash between both or is this a red herring? Also during the install process with Midwestern an HTML file showed up in CM then disappeared once Midwestern - TRS19 showed with no missing dependencies and works fine. Midwestern still remains unuseable.

Lost count of how many times I have posted this, on the version mismatch error when updating or installing from Content Store Click Cancel, it is actually installed, It is a known bug with manage content and has been ever since it first appeared.

Yes it works that way for other installs, but not for Midwestern unfortunately. Have tried that many times over the previous days without success.

Last edited:
Hi All
We have made some adjustments to the Midwestern Branch DLC pack, and this should now resolve the issues that have been seen with it in TRS19 SP2. If the DLC pack is installed, then it should appear as 'installed' again in TRS19 SP2. If it is not currently installed, then you will need to install it using the 'install' button.

Regards

We have made some adjustments to the Midwestern Branch DLC pack, and this should now resolve the issues that have been seen with it in TRS19 SP2. If the DLC pack is installed, then it should appear as 'installed' again in TRS19 SP2.

Now the route doesn't appear at all in the Content Store, any tab (I have the TRS19 DLC installed and it works fine).

Back