Strange things in 2019

Alco_P-A

Working on a layout and put down non seasonal trees and ground cover. The next thing I know when I went back into surveyor to work on the layout the ground cover changed to something else as well as the trees. Too strange for me.

Something else? As in a different KUID, or same KUID that looks different?
Date change to a new season perhaps?

Working on a layout and put down non seasonal trees and ground cover. The next thing I know when I went back into surveyor to work on the layout the ground cover changed to something else as well as the trees. Too strange for me.

Maybe you picked assets that were not listed or advertised as seasonal, but in their code they are seasonal?

-snip- The next thing I know when I went back into surveyor to work on the layout the ground cover changed to something else as well as the trees. Too strange for me.

Could you perhaps be more specific. Did the ground cover change to different ground cover, or did it change to a stagecoach being pulled by horses? You don't give much info. Same question with the trees.

I'll hazard a guess, it's a seasonal thing. Built in speedtrees are seasonal, built in and msgsapper's PBR 4.6 textures are seasonal. My guess would be that you are using some of these assets, but it's only a guess going on the paucity of information you provide. Oh, and Msgsapper's bushes are seasonal also.

I noticed that when the date settings are left untouched from initially creating a route. it does indeed self update the calendar. Right now, we are about on the date where the sim switches from summer season to autumn season (Northern Hemishere).

I noticed that when the date settings are left untouched from initially creating a route. it does indeed self update the calendar. Right now, we are about on the date where the sim switches from summer season to autumn season (Northern Hemishere).

I brought this issue up before, trying to set the calendar back to automatic once you set it to another date, still have not figured that one out, but yes, if left untouched, it will show today's date, which will effect all your seasonal items.

The seasons and shadows are relative to your world coordinates, so if you want winter in June, just set the world coordinates to Australia (Southern Hemisphere) for example. The default world coordinates are set out of the box to the Northern Hemisphere.

For help setting these settings in your config.txt just look here;
https://cdetrainz.com/tutorials_latitude_longitude_conversion.aspx

So if you build a route in a certain month with ground cover, trees and such the way you like them when a certain month comes around and changes the look of it then you go into the calendar and change it back to the month you liked in the first place. Correct or not?

Nope. That hasn't been my experience.

I set the calendar to July 11th, my nephew's birthday while editing the ROUTE. You pick edit environment there to set the date.

Once saved any trees that I placed that are seasonal will turn green and remain that way.

I've always done it this way with no problems ever.

I started a new route in August. When September came around the ground cover and some of the trees changed to fall colors. I went back into the calendar and changed back to august and everything that changed in September changed back to August. So far so good.

Nope. That hasn't been my experience.

I set the calendar to July 11th, my nephew's birthday while editing the ROUTE. You pick edit environment there to set the date.

Once saved any trees that I placed that are seasonal will turn green and remain that way.

I've always done it this way with no problems ever.

Thanks for the tip !

Just in case the option was missed:
While running a driver session drivers can change the calendar on the fly - Window menu (top of screen next to question mark) and "Session Options" to change Time, Calendar, Weather, Time Rate. With seasonal assets you can change the month on the fly and watch assets change from summer, fall, winter, spring.

Back