populating a complete route for freeroam activities

Gary25b

For Trainz2019 is there any memory or other limitation on populating a large route like UMR2020 with cars on sidings, loading platforms, in yards, etc? Along with locomotives at all engine service areas, and so forth. My intent is to set up a route for random freeroam activity.

I've populated the route, just like you're saying, with hundreds of locomotives, and thousands of pieces of rolling stock, and it works quite well. As stated above by Stagecoach, it's what your computer can handle. I'd suggest populating it as you like, and then see how it reacts with your machine. If it's a little laggy, start removing pieces until you find a level of performance that you can deal with.

Thanks for the responses. I use an Nvidia 1060, and have 16 gig memory and SSD drive. As I haven't experienced any problems so far, I'm going to go for it populating UMR2020. Good to know there are no built-in limitations in Trainz.

I spent 3 years building a route, Fort Worth 1925, in Train Simulator 64-bit. Big route, lots of assets used, and I thought the 64-bit TS could easily handle it, but alas no. When I started populating the route, I got crashes. I'll have to patiently await further developments with TS. In the meantime, Trainz 2019 has been wonderful. This is NOT a bash TS post. I love it too.

That's not much of an issue with Trainz. The biggest issue will be the details. When you start placing lots and lots of assets, you'll end up with performance issues, but there are methods that work well to get around that such as using lots of the same kinds of trees. RoysTrainz routes are good example of very large detailed routes that run quite well using this method.

Back