Trainz store download speed

gds

TRS-UK
Just bought TRS19 and finding the download speed to be abismal - is this normal?

Download at approx 150kb/s is going to take 14 hours! Steam downloads run at 6mb/s- did a speed test and my connection is running at close to 100 meg.

Just bought TRS19 and finding the download speed to be abismal - is this normal?

Download at approx 150kb/s is going to take 14 hours! Steam downloads run at 6mb/s- did a speed test and my connection is running at close to 100 meg.

Sounds like you do not have a First Class Ticket activated. Here is a link to the download server stats. You should be hitting 3mb/s on the First Class Server;

https://www.auran.com/planetauran/FTP_Status_Log.php

TANE comes with a free 30 day ticket, not sure with TRS19, I though when I bought it it came with it. The Trainz website does not show TRS19 coming with one. Log into MyTrainz and make sure that you have one and the ticket is activated, they have to manually be turned on.

First Class Tickets from memory only apply to downloads from the Download Station. DLC and game downloads AFAIK should be at whatever the maximum speed is of the servers involved I'd say.

Shane

Yes FCT only applies to the DLS, don't need one to install or for in game DLC. Max speed will be the upload speed of the server you are downloading from which if busy may be slow or doing some bandwidth throttling, however you should be getting better speeds than that!

Having said that I get faster downloads from N3V on 55Mbps Fibre than I do on 100Mbs with a 4G LTE Router, probably due to routing.

As above I managed to get a good speed using the online installer rather than downloading the full installer file. Pretty rubbish service for such an expensive game though I must say.

Hey, my download speed is at 120 KBit/s. I tried it 24h ago and now it´s still this low. What´s wrong with the servers? My ISP has 100 Mbit/s up and down.

As above I managed to get a good speed using the online installer rather than downloading the full installer file. Pretty rubbish service for such an expensive game though I must say.

Hey, my download speed is at 120 KBit/s. I tried it 24h ago and now it´s still this low. What´s wrong with the servers? My ISP has 100 Mbit/s up and down.

Um you both are HALFWAY around the WORLD from Australia. Just cause your ISP is fast doesn't mean the entire route between them and you at the moment is...

Um you both are HALFWAY around the WORLD from Australia. Just cause your ISP is fast doesn't mean the entire route between them and you at the moment is...

Well, that´s not how the internet works. The ping to the server might be a bit high, but that´s all. I just tested a connection to a server in Canberra with 340ms and 100Mbit/s down.

Well, that´s not how the internet works. The ping to the server might be a bit high, but that´s all. I just tested a connection to a server in Canberra with 340ms and 100Mbit/s down.

Just done a test on the TRS19 offline installer, think there is a server in the UK or EU as well as the US, whatever gave it five minutes before cancelling and it was downloading at 8.9MB/s which equates to 71.2 Mbps which is just below my ISP's rate of up to 75Mbps. Normally get around 71 to 72 on most downloads.
So if you are trying to download the installer you have a problem probably somewhere between your ISP and the N3V server, likely to be the routing.
The DLS however is much slower and the servers are in the US.

Try a different DNS server like Google or FreeDNS?

Or you probably know this but try clearing your DNS cache as in ipconfig /flushdns in a command window and see if it makes any difference, it may not but you won't know unless you try.

Thank you all. I tried to install it at midnight (UTC +1) and it worked just fine with 11 Mbit/s. Then I tried to install one DLC via the launcher. This DLC also started with high speed and then dropped to the low speed at round about 120 Kbit/s. I don´t think it´s a problem on my side. Maybe the servers are busy at some time at the moment (maintenence?)? But that is not so bad in total, since the basic program is at least installed. :)

Back