Cannot change switch stand in route region

jrfolco

Route Builder
I'm trying to change the switch stand by opening the route region (United States), but being that the United States, <kuid:-25:927>, is now Installed Payware, it won't let me make changes. The only thing I can do is use "revert to original", which restores the original switch stand file. Is there another way around this?

Thanks,
Joe

Could you clone the route and then change the region in your cloned version? You would lose the connected sessions but with a bit of cloning and editing of their config.txt files to point the cloned sessions to your new cloned route it *should* work. Just an idea.

I'm trying to change the switch stand by opening the route region (United States), but being that the United States, <kuid:-25:927>, is now Installed Payware, it won't let me make changes. The only thing I can do is use "revert to original", which restores the original switch stand file. Is there another way around this?
You should complain to N3V that a region such as this should not be payware.

A region consists of just a config file. Create a new asset, open config.txt for editing, and delete the default kind tag. Copy the config (without the kuid line and the privileges container) from the USA region into the new asset and change the default switch. Also change the name so you can identify it. Then submit the new asset. Use the new version in your route. If you upload the asset to the DLS be sure to change the route back to the original region.

Thanks guys. After reading both of your posts, I thought I would try a different region. I opened Edit Route and chose "1950s-Era USA Region". The file for this region was editable, and I was able to change the switch stands. When the route is finished, I'll probably change it back to the United States region.

Much appreciated,
Joe

Thanks,
Joe
It just doesn't make any sense as to why a "Region" would be a Payware asset, and be un-editable . If it is a Payware "Region", I would not use it at all

Last edited:
Back