ECML TRS19 build 97556

Latest version of ECML is still broken.

2018-11-02-161307.jpg

This often happens when transfering routes between versions, but the difference is that this is an official route and it was transferred to TS2019 by N3V so it should have been corrected before being released.

It's actually been fixed (a couple of times). It appears that the build/packaging process is re-breaking it. I have checked the internal version and the packaged version and they are different.
Thanks for the heads up (we have the location from the previous breakage).

Tony,

Before the route is uploaded again, have someone go through it again. I ran the route yesterday and found a few things that need a bit of attention.

1) Floating roads and track. This is obvious with shadows underneath them. Maybe replacing the track with something with deeper ballast will solve that. Roads need some tamping down.

2) Located about 14-15 miles out of Kings' Cross there is a sawtooth cutting. Someone needs to run the smooth/level terrain tool along those lumps to reduce the sharp edges.

3) Located about 18 miles out of King's Cross on the left near a road over bridge, is a floating warehouse that needs to be set into the ground.

There is probably more, but I had to run to the market yesterday before they closed and didn't complete my run. My recommendation is to have someone "walk" the line in Surveyor and go over it. It's these little dumb things that get missed that ruin a route no matter how much hard work is done by the creator.

I had roads hovering so far off the terrain, they could be called UFO's.

And the level crossing barriers\gates still drop or close after the player loco is on the crossing.

Tunnel just north of Grantshouse, heading south with Freightliner service.

Entering northern end of tunnel, big kink in the track bed.

Exiting tunnel, there is a big structure across the tunnel mouth.

Tunnel southern exit piccie.

2018-11-04-143842.jpg

N3V i hope the Edinburgh - Dundee section is able to merge with the main route.

It is the only payware route i am interested in for Trainz.

Update:
1. QA been unable to reproduce the broken bridges in the latest version which is: <kuid2:154322:101483:23> ECML Kings Cross - Edinburgh
(my quick test the other day may have been the old build, or we have an intermittent issue).

It is interesting to note that your screenshot shows no catenary which indicates that the loading has not completed. (the catenary end shortly after signal 407 where this bridge is loacted). This is a known issue we're working on and it is possible that this is related to your bridge not attaching correctly.

Can you please advise if you have version 23 installed.

2. The tunnel is definitely collapsed. Repair crew sent to rectify!

3. For the issues with cuttings/warehouses - please provide nearby signal # rather the milepost so we know exactly where you are referring to

4. Road splines - best solution requires an update that turns the road into a "bevelled" object to hide the shadow artifacts

5. And the level crossing barriers\gates still drop or close after the player loco is on the crossing.
>> Is this new behaviour? If so, when was it working last.

Update:
1. QA been unable to reproduce the broken bridges in the latest version which is: <kuid2:154322:101483:23> ECML Kings Cross - Edinburgh
(my quick test the other day may have been the old build, or we have an intermittent issue).

It is interesting to note that your screenshot shows no catenary which indicates that the loading has not completed. (the catenary end shortly after signal 407 where this bridge is loacted). This is a known issue we're working on and it is possible that this is related to your bridge not attaching correctly.

Can you please advise if you have version 23 installed.
<kuid2:154322:101483:23> ECML Kings Cross - Edinburgh

2. The tunnel is definitely collapsed. Repair crew sent to rectify!
:hehe::hehe:

3. For the issues with cuttings/warehouses - please provide nearby signal # rather the milepost so we know exactly where you are referring to

4. Road splines - best solution requires an update that turns the road into a "bevelled" object to hide the shadow artifacts
Also needs lowering, unless you want the bevel to be 6 inches deep.

5. And the level crossing barriers\gates still drop or close after the player loco is on the crossing.
>> Is this new behaviour? If so, when was it working last.

Never worked properly in TRS19, reported as bug earlier.

I also enabled traffic, but a few crossings are non functional. Cars cross the railway at will.
A route really needs moving traffic, to give it life.

All catenary components disabled in CM, i run the route as pre-1976.

Mike.

Last edited:
Also why doesn't CM allow me to save my cloned ECML, to a cdp file please ? :confused:

Mike.

Unfortunately .cdps are limited to ~800MB. We have a task in to allow split files, but it is one of those things that takes a substantial amount of time for a small(ish) percentage of routes.

Since TRS 2019? .cdp files over 800 MB are frequent for dependency packs.

I'm not sure I understand your point. You can have more than one pack of dependencies, just no more than ~800MB in one .cdp (this info may be out of date - Chris is off sick so I can't confirm right now).

Two examples: "Route Romania" from Trainz Premium Routes by okhiu, session deps2.cdp is 1.5GB, session deps3.cdp is 1.08GB,

Unfortunately .cdps are limited to ~800MB. We have a task in to allow split files, but it is one of those things that takes a substantial amount of time for a small(ish) percentage of routes.

Thanks very much for the reply Tony.

For some strange reason ECML as supplied is just under 800mb in CM.

When cloned it then nearly doubles in size to 1.5gb.

That is just the process of creating the cloned route.

Without any additions or changes to the route bing made in Surveyor.

Mike.

Can I ask why you're cloning since it should be editable anyway in TRS19 (you should be able to do a save as from Surveyor)?

Shane

Can I ask why you're cloning since it should be editable anyway in TRS19 (you should be able to do a save as from Surveyor)?

Shane

Were i have seen comments in posts, I had always assumed 'Save As' and 'Clone' were the same thing it was just terminology.

I have yet to see the clone option, so just wondered in Trainz what is the difference?
Gordon

Were i have seen comments in posts, I had always assumed 'Save As' and 'Clone' were the same thing it was just terminology.

I have yet to see the clone option, so just wondered in Trainz what is the difference?
Gordon

It's the context of the action.

Save as occurs when a route is edited within Trainz its self whereas clone occurs when an asset is replicated in Content Manager. In a sense whenever a built-in or DLC route or session is edited in Trainz Surveyor, it's cloned.

Confused? :)

Back