New DLC Bundles and TRS19 Sneak Peek Video

martinvk

since 10 Aug 2002
In the latest newsletter, there are three DLC bundles announced. In the details two mention
DBuz 747
Requires Trainz Route: Niddertalbahn (Free)
and
Avmc IC 71
Requires Trainz Route: Niddertalbahn (Free)
Are those just warnings to indicate the routes in which the included sessions work? Someone who doesn't read the description all the way through might conclude that the DLC only works in those routes and can't be placed in any other route.

Meanwhile, I like that
We've listened to your feedback over the years and "getting it right" is far more important than "getting it released"!
:wave:

I agree with the "getting it right part" but I still haven't seen features I really want in the game. I really would like a filter system for the "Edit Trains" mode in Driver. It would make it way easier to find what your looking for filtered down instead of in one huge list.

While you are checking out TRS19 for a month, why not also take advantage of the 25% off in the store as a Gold Subscriber and purchase TRS19 and any DLC you like. Surely there's some sort of sale coming up, Halloween perhaps to make the DLC even cheaper. If you like the Content Vault then it's only $10 per month as a Silver Subsciber as you would own TRS19, or just use your discounted TRS19 as you do TS12. Lots of choices, your call. Any way you look at it, TRS19 is definitely the best Trainz yet and if you have compatible hardware I can't see why anyone would bother with older versions T:ANE included.
I've found setting up sessions to be far more rewarding than quickdrive in TRS19 and T:ANE as loco's and rolling stock can be grouped together any way you like in picklists and chosen quickly for placement.
cheers
Graeme

While you are checking out TRS19 for a month, why not also take advantage of the 25% off in the store as a Gold Subscriber and purchase TRS19 and any DLC you like. Surely there's some sort of sale coming up, Halloween perhaps to make the DLC even cheaper. If you like the Content Vault then it's only $10 per month as a Silver Subsciber as you would own TRS19, or just use your discounted TRS19 as you do TS12. Lots of choices, your call. Any way you look at it, TRS19 is definitely the best Trainz yet and if you have compatible hardware I can't see why anyone would bother with older versions T:ANE included.
I've found setting up sessions to be far more rewarding than quickdrive in TRS19 and T:ANE as loco's and rolling stock can be grouped together any way you like in picklists and chosen quickly for placement.
cheers
Graeme

It certainly looks good, but I bet they haven't featured such useful surveyor changes such as applying different colored spline points for different types of spline have they ? , or allowing one to group a number of assets so you could move a heap of items all in one go ( yes I know this can be done crudely but the terrain is selected too, I don't usually want to do that).
It would be SO much easier to work in surveyor if they applied some of these sorts of developments and I cant see why if would be so difficult to achieve, but all too often it seems surveyor is neglected and they concentrate on the look rather the creating experience. Make it a bit easier to make good routes and it would possibly result in more people completing good routes, which after all, are the heart of the experience whether you drive or work in surveyor..

It certainly looks good, but I bet they haven't featured such useful surveyor changes such as applying different colored spline points for different types of spline have they ? , or allowing one to group a number of assets so you could move a heap of items all in one go ( yes I know this can be done crudely but the terrain is selected too, I don't usually want to do that).
It would be SO much easier to work in surveyor if they applied some of these sorts of developments and I cant see why if would be so difficult to achieve, but all too often it seems surveyor is neglected and they concentrate on the look rather the creating experience. Make it a bit easier to make good routes and it would possibly result in more people completing good routes, which after all, are the heart of the experience whether you drive or work in surveyor..
Dan, better, easier, more precise tools would be welcomed by any serious route builder, but getting it right is always a better option than adding wishlist tools. Apparently we Gold Sub Guinea Pigs will get to try them first whenever they may be added. More quality routes are always welcome and I agree we need more route builders, however learning the 'surveyor skillset' and building to a benchmark of quality will escape most builders as they struggle to devote the time needed to improve their skills. There are so many routes with low def blurry textures and wonky track on the DLS that are built in T:ANE, but look straight out of 2006.
BTW, use the buttons below copy/paste to deselect all but the assets (house) button then copy and paste trees and houses at ground height to your hearts content.
cheers
Graeme

Last edited:
My other pet pieve is the terrain shaping tools. They just are all wrong. We should not have specific boxes and points that we can raise and lower terrain. It makes it too difficult to make realistic terrain. Having a no snap to grid option would be fantastic. We could lower and raise terrain anywhere and in any way we want making realistic mountains easier, hills nicer and whatever else way better.

All kinds of extras floating about. It raises my question: I bought TR19 for $70. Does that grant me any of the free stuff that member ship is entitled to or did I just get a plain TR19 program?

My other pet pieve is the terrain shaping tools. They just are all wrong. We should not have specific boxes and points that we can raise and lower terrain. It makes it too difficult to make realistic terrain. Having a no snap to grid option would be fantastic. We could lower and raise terrain anywhere and in any way we want making realistic mountains easier, hills nicer and whatever else way better.

Sorry if this seems impertinent - but do you have 5M land height turned on. I find that setting the raise/lower tool to the height I want for a hill/mountain makes a reasonably smooth valley or hill/mountain with 5 meter elevation points. Just jockey it about until you get the shape needed.

All kinds of extras floating about. It raises my question: I bought TR19 for $70. Does that grant me any of the free stuff that member ship is entitled to or did I just get a plain TR19 program?
No Dick, just the plain vanilla version.
cheers
Graeme

Back