TRS19 - FAQ Thread

So essentially I will have bought 2 FCTs to run at the same time?
>>
No. You will have received a $2 per month discount on your Lifetime Ticket.

Will there be an option to upgrade from the static purchase (the $70 one) to one of the subscriptions without having to buy the game twice?
>>
The Silver Class option does not include TRS19 or TANE, so that should cover waht you are asking, I think.

Can I play TS19 offline, or do I need an internet connection? (didn't dig thru all the pages here, might have been answered...)
>>
Internet connection is only required to activate the product, then call home once "every month or so".

I am slow on the uptake:
If I am a Gold Member and I suspend my membership, the content in my content vault is suspended; is the access to TRS 2019 suspended too in this case?

Regards

Swordfish

I also have that same question about TRS2019 before I buy it:

If I become a gold member for a few months and then cancel the membership,will I lose access to TRS2019 and the TRS2019 DLS? Or would I still technically own TRS2019. (On a side note,the USRA light pacific being a built-in is a huge selling point for me.)

Will there be an option to upgrade from the static purchase (the $70 one) to one of the subscriptions without having to buy the game twice?
>>
The Silver Class option does not include TRS19 or TANE, so that should cover waht you are asking, I think.

You miss out on the "Exclusive New Trainz Features" & DLC preview pass.

peter

So the catch is with TRS2019,if you take the subscription version and a few months later you stop paying for the membership,you lose access to TRS2019 and the TRS2019 DLS and lose all the stuff you did with TRS2019 until you pay again? Now that sounds like a rip-off to me. And 91.04 dollars Canadian is far,far,far,far to much to pay to get a game/simulator or whatever you call it.

Based upon that conclusion, the decision for you is simple - continue to enjoy TANE for a while longer (there is a new update being tested currently), and wait for the inevitable price drop on TRS19 some time next year.

Internet connection is only required to activate the product, then call home once "every month or so".

Needless to say, this is the end of the line for Trainz as far as I'm concerned, as well as use of my content in TRS19. Good thing I didn't get too deep into PBR.

Needless to say, this is the end of the line for Trainz as far as I'm concerned, as well as use of my content in TRS19. Good thing I didn't get too deep into PBR.

Sorry to see you go RRSignal but I am sure that the rest of us will be be able to carry on.

I was also a user of the DRM-free version of TANE but have now gone back to using the normal version. It was simply easier to use because I did not have to wait until CM had verified all the DLC assets each time I switched the Internet access back on. I just don't know why people bother!

Thanks but when I type in my info and go create acct. and it goes to the create acct. type in my info and option to confirm is not working. It is grayed out.

Thanks but when I type in my info and go create acct. and it goes to the create acct. type in my info and option to confirm is not working. It is grayed out.

Is this on the TRS2019 main page with all the big images?

Login to My Trainz, the link is above on the top of the forums.

Your My Trainz login = your Planet Auran login, which is your login here.

I purchased mine through My Trainz.

The screen is a lot easier to read and less confusing.

Hey guys,

For all the route-builders who had trouble trying to read the black text on a dark-blue background when editing a Session,... then you'll be delighted,... when you see what TRS2019 has for us all.

Here's a screenshot I took, when I was about to add Central Portal Control. I could now read it clearly without squinting.

Thank you Tony and your team for listening, then rectifying something that was important to many of us.

Session.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking here, but TRS19 is still capable of using content dating back to the original Trainz release, assuming that content was constructed correctly in the first place. So yes, you can export your locally created TS2009 content and import it into TRS19. If you're dealing with third-party content, the best bet would be to grab it from the Download Station, as that will include the necessary source textures and is likely to include updates and fixes that have been made since 2009.

chris

The Wiki has these statements:

It is important to know that TRS2019 requires the original textures to show correctly in-game, and therefore built-in content and DLC content, which does not contain source files, cannot be imported directly (or it will become 'faulty'). All DLC packs are expected to become available for TRS2019 via the Asset Download tool after TRS2019 is fully released (may not be available during Early Access).

It is recommended that content from the Download Station be downloaded again, rather than be transferred using the above methods. This ensures that you have the latest version of all assets from the Download Station, and will ensure that the assets remain compatible with Multiplayer.

These don't make it entirely clear what will be transferable from TANE to TS2019. Can I put the question like this: assuming I buy the stand-alone version rather than a subscription version.....

If I have several TANE routes and sessions obtained from the DLS containing: original TANE built-in assets; TANE payware assets from N3V; freeware assets from the TANE DLS; freeware assets from non-N3V websites......

Which of those types of assets can and cannot be imported successfully into TS2019?
What is likely to cause problems of incompatibility with TS2019?
Will every asset in the TANE DLS appear in a TS2019 DLS?
If so, when will that be complete?
If not, what will be missing?
If so, will re-downloading a TANE route/session automatically download all the associated assets from the TS2019 DLS?
What N3V payware I bought for TANE will I have to pay for again in TS2019?

Thanks in anticipation for any clarifications you can offer.

Lataxe

If I buy the 'traditional' version, and then get a monthly Gold membership to have a peak at new features :), will the 'traditional' version be upgraded, or will I have two installations of TRS19?

If I have several TANE routes and sessions obtained from the DLS containing: original TANE built-in assets; TANE payware assets from N3V; freeware assets from the TANE DLS; freeware assets from non-N3V websites......

Which of those types of assets can and cannot be imported successfully into TS2019? >> All of them (through one method or another)
What is likely to cause problems of incompatibility with TS2019? >> Scripts that call for unlimited length lists of objects - there is a new approach to scripting that is far more optimal than old scripts that would causes pauses and stuttering.
Will every asset in the TANE DLS appear in a TS2019 DLS? >> Yes
If so, when will that be complete? >> Today
If not, what will be missing? >>Nothing
If so, will re-downloading a TANE route/session automatically download all the associated assets from the TS2019 DLS? >> DLS items can be imported from your current install or downloaded from DLS. The normal TANE rules apply.
What N3V payware I bought for TANE will I have to pay for again in TS2019? >> None of it (unless it gets a makeover, in which case it is up to the content creator what to charge for the new version.

It would seem that there is some confusion over "importing", "downloading", and possibly other things. I will investigate tomorrow and update the FAQs to make things clearer.

The main point is that trying to copy your BUILTIN folder from TANE will end in tears.
Copying items from your Packages folder is likely to end up with missing assets so not recommended.
Copying content from your local and original folders is fine.
Downloading anything that appears in the Asset Download window is fine (and recommended).
You can also choose to download bits and pieces from the Asset Download window when bandwidth allows if you are limited.

If I buy the 'traditional' version, and then get a monthly Gold membership to have a peak at new features :), will the 'traditional' version be upgraded, or will I have two installations of TRS19?

There is one version of TRS19 Early Access right now. They will all be updated at the same time during the Early Access phase through to release.

Post release, at the time of the first "Trainz PLUS" update, Gold Class members will branch off to a new version that includes the new features. (You could take a copy here prior to updating).

If you cancel your Gold membership, that version will not be active so you will need a new version.

You will therefore need to redownload the "release" version if you didn't keep a copy above.

There is one version of TRS19 Early Access right now. They will all be updated at the same time during the Early Access phase through to release.

Post release, at the time of the first "Trainz PLUS" update, Gold Class members will branch off to a new version that includes the new features. (You could take a copy here prior to updating).

If you cancel your Gold membership, that version will not be active so you will need a new version.

You will therefore need to redownload the "release" version if you didn't keep a copy above.

Thanks for taking the time to answer Tony.

Cheeky question now, will there be beta testers for Trainz PLUS, or will Gold Class members effectively be their own beta testers? :)

Back