TRS19 - FAQ Thread

Internet connection is only required to activate the product, then call home once "every month or so".
Unacceptable.

I've suffered through the interminable years of the TANE fiasco to finally get a version that is mostly working, but there is still no sign of a fix for the flashing red/green junction arrows every time a junction is accessed, which ruins night viewing; apparently this is a feature dear to the hearts of the N3V developers and not even considered for rectification through three service packs and their various hot fixes.

Apparently TS2019 will compound the insult by requiring that it be installed on a machine which is periodically connected (if only temporarily) to the Internet, which still requires the overhead of virus checkers, firewall, etc.

I've stuck with Trainz through thick and thin since TS2004, but I see no reason to shell out more money and aggravation for a bit of eye candy. TANE will have to do.

--Lamont

Agreed, Lamont. Plus, an even bigger reason to avoid TRS19 for me is that I'm not going to risk losing thousands of hours of my own work, not to mention everything else I've invested in this product, because some server can't be reached. It doesn't matter how often that check-in takes place and regardless of the reason.

Of course each person is entitled to set their own requirements on what they use and the conditions under which they use it.

Personally, the DRM issue is not an important one for me. I always access the DLS to see what is new before I start TANE or TRS19 anyway so having the Internet on and downloads available is more important to me. If the N3V servers, including their DRM server, is unavailable for whatever technical reasons then it is an inconvenience but not the end of the world - unlike when my banks ATM, teller and internet banking services all fail. While I have experienced the very occasional DLS and Forum server outages, I have never been unable to start TANE using the DRM version.

...and if N3V goes bust (and takes the DLS with it) and I cannot use Trainz anymore, then I will simply move on to something else. Trainz was not the first game I was into and it possibly will not be the last.

I don't lose any sleep or get stressed over the DRM issue - but that is me, others will have different opinions.

The message overlay does not appear anymore in driver mode. Are you N3V have removed them, or is something wrong at me.

I am not with a computer that has TRS19 installed but, if it is the message overlay I think you are referring to, then click the little icon just above the driver icon on the bottom left of the screen (it looks like a "gear") then select "Messages" (or something similar) then click the gear icon again.

The message overlay does not appear anymore in driver mode. Are you N3V have removed them, or is something wrong at me.

Bottom left - there is an arrow to display/hide the messages. They are certainly working, so you've found a case where they aren't please let us know.

Bottom left - there is an arrow to display/hide the messages. They are certainly working, so you've found a case where they aren't please let us know.

Thanks to Pware and you Mr.Hilliam
In Track Profile Setting i tick Show Message History, i try to change arrow ( Toggle Driver message Display ) up/down too. It don't help. I transfer a lot of material from TS12, where in sessions are script errors, is it possible that it ruin message overlay?

Last edited:
It;s pretty much woven into mine too - for about 100 hours a week while I'm awake and half of while I'm asleep :)

What I neglected to do is give thanks to you and staff for obliterating Microsoft way back when. It remains one of the most monumental Aussie gaming company achievements EVER, to this day. Auran smacked the competition clean out of the park. If N3V is just a follower, *sighs, so be it.
But again, thank you for everything Tony. Don't underestimate the esteem your name adds to game dev. I'll check with Bethsoft friends. I'm pretty sure they'll know who you are :)

Last edited:
About missing message overlay
In Track Profile Setting i tick Show Message History, i try to change arrow ( Toggle Driver message Display ) up/down too. It don't help. I transfer a lot of material from TS12, where in sessions are script errors, is it possible that it ruin message overlay?

I reinstall TSR19 and transfer routes from TANE again.
Now the message is shown.

Question - If I purchase the Gold Option, it comes with "TANE Access". Do we have to install TANE? Or can we just opt not to?

Asking because I would prefer to have only TRS19 installed.

That's fine. It is not compulsory to install TANE, or any of the DLC either (or TRS19 for that matter :).)

So unable to purchase the Gold option without a credit card - can understand if you select the monthly option but I selected the 12 month option and still couldn't use debit. Works for all my other purchases from the Trainz Store.

Anyway, wound up just buying the full version, no attachments. Should serve my needs, can continue to purchase FCT's as needed.

So unable to purchase the Gold option without a credit card - can understand if you select the monthly option but I selected the 12 month option and still couldn't use debit. Works for all my other purchases from the Trainz Store.

Anyway, wound up just buying the full version, no attachments. Should serve my needs, can continue to purchase FCT's as needed.

I've had trouble with debit/credit card purchases as well and now use PayPal as an intermediary, which works perfectly fine.

Will we eventually be able to download all of our routes that we purchased through the Trainz Store? Coal Country, Legacy of The BNII, Rogers Pass, etc...

I have two large routes in TS12 that will not operate in TANE because of the restrictions on the length of the search in Driver Set up and the Schedule Library and as a consequence have lost interest in T:ANE altogether.

Will TS19 allow more items to be searched for in the these functions or will it hit the same limits as in T:ANE? I understand the reasoning for limiting the search but the existing limit is too restrictive - why cannot there be an option to choose more search at the cost of some performance?

Also I believe that built-in routes will be editable? - can't remember where I read that ...... I have fingers crossed that I will be able to edit the ECML route that is just too big to run any meaningful session on in T:ANE. I have a feeling however that I am going to be disappointed? If the answer does happen to be YES - I will buy TS19 right now.

Bob

N3V are aiming to have all T:ANE DLC in TRS19 by retail release, before christmas hopefully.
Yes, all routes are editable. Especially ECML, it needs a renovation more than any of the others.
As to the searching, I reckon TRS19 would have the same limitation as TANE, as the code would still be very similar in that regard.
TRS19 is worth every cent, whichever way you get it.
cheers
Graeme

Well I'm gobsmacked! can you point me to where it says this in black and white? I can't quite believe that after moaning about this on and off all the time I've been with Trainz that I am going to be able to clone and edit ECML for myself. If this is the case, why aren't N3V trumpeting this from the rooftops - it's a major step forward for me and well worth the price of TS19 for that alone.

Bob

I'm sorry but I do not speak English
----------------------------------

http://trs19.trainzportal.com/?utm_...-93076625&mc_cid=9a2d36b204&mc_eid=0882500216

EDIT MORE CONTENT

In TRS19, you can edit and update all the built-in and "DLC" routes and sessions.

Customise the terrain and ground textures.

Add or bulk replace track and trackside objects.

Increase or decrease the density of scenery assets.

Share your edits with other content owners via the Trainz Download Station.

Back