go some broken content where to go to fix them

hello to all: if the moderators move this please tell me where you move it to so I can read the replies?

where do I go to fix missing dependencies and show a list of missing dependencies? btw I ran tane and its better than trs06. just saying.

switchmen37

Missing dependencies usually means that those items (the missing assets) are located on the DLS.

1. In Content Manager (TANE) right mouse click on any asset that shows its status as having a "missing dependency". From the popup menu select "List dependencies" or better still, "List dependencies recursively" (the latter option will list the dependencies of dependencies, etc - it sound complicated but it really is not).
  2. In the new content window that will open click the "Status" column heading to sort all the status values then scroll down to see all those assets that will appear in a grey font with status set to "Available for download". Select each item en masse (Shift + right mouse click) and then right mouse click on one of them and select "Download".

If you have multiple assets in step 1 above that are missing assets then you can speed up the process by selecting them all en masse (sort them using the Status column first to group all the "missing assets" together) and then select "List dependencies recursively".

This will locate and download all your missing dependencies (and their dependencies) from the Download Station.

For missing dependencies, open content manager and right click on a route that has missing deps and select to show dependencies. Another window will open then click on status which will group deps together. Anything available for download comes from the DLS. Anything unknown will need to be searched for on Google or Trainz KUID Index.
cheers
Graeme
edit... Pware beat me to it

hello to you 2:

pware and grazelash:

I did d just that but all dependencies installed, but the main car is faulty saying it has the older version file system I'm going to say that's not it says I for got what it say. is there a way to copy what I see copy it here so you can take a look at it. a few engines and a couple of cars says faulty?

switchmen37

hello to you 2:

pware and grazelash:

I did d just that but all dependencies installed, but the main car is faulty saying it has the older version file system I'm going to say that's not it says I for got what it say. is there a way to copy what I see copy it here so you can take a look at it. a few engines and a couple of cars says faulty?

switchmen37

You can ignore yellow warnings, about build versions being older.

What you need to do is view faulty assets, but narrow down the filter so you don't see the fluff like faulty dependencies, and missing dependencies, because all you want to see is stuff that's actually broken.

So to do this:

In Content Manager, change the filter to Faulty.
Click the small down arrow next to Filter Faulty
You'll see the subcomponents.
Click the minus (-) and remove OR, repeat with Missing dependencies, OR, and the Faulty dependencies.

What this will do is show what is actually broken if there is anything.

Once you get the faulty asset its self, right click on the asset and choose view errors and warnings.

This is were the devil is in the details where you'll find what the actual problem is. Once you get that, post the KUID of the asset and the actual error. You can highlight the error message text and paste in the forums for us to look at. Once we see that, we can give you tips on how to solve the problem.

This is were the devil is in the details where you'll find what the actual problem is. Once you get that, post the KUID of the asset and the actual error. You can highlight the error message text and paste in the forums for us to look at. Once we see that, we can give you tips on how to solve the problem.

The devil is certainly in the detail.

Sometimes the solution is as simple as correcting a spelling error or deleting an unwanted line of text in the config.txt file - both are the result of earlier versions of Trainz having very "slack" quality standards compared to today's versions.

At the other extreme, some problems can only be fixed by the original creator of the asset, if they are still around.

In between, there are many problems that can be resolved by a bit of knowledge and some trickery.

There is a group of Trainz "wizards", the CRG (Content Repair Group), who spend a great deal of their time going through the DLS and fixing older assets so that they work in the newer versions of Trainz. So far they have repaired thousands of assets.

hello jcitron:

I can get the errors and warnings on the screen but to get that screen into the forums in the thread I cannot do. cannot paste. for me to paste I need to copy which I cannot do with this errors warnings screen. then cannot copy then paste in my thread. cannot highlight the errors and warnings box. with out that I cannot paste in forums.

switchmen37

I can get the errors and warnings on the screen but to get that screen into the forums in the thread I cannot do.
You should be able to copy one line of the error screen using Ctrl+C, and paste it into your message using Ctrl+V. Don't try to copy the whole screen. Select the 'VE' line. For instance:
! <kuid:494194:100042> VE146: An asset must be specified for tag 'region'.

Be sure to quote the KUID of the asset that has the problem.

builderbob:

; <kuid2:56063:185249:1> Validating <kuid2:56063:185249:1>

4baycflow Canadian pacific rail 115695 lars

! <kuid2:56063:185249:1> VE82: Individual mesh files are not supported for traincar assets. Upgrade '4baycflow 8 hatch_body/4baycflow 8 hatch_body.im' to a .lm file.
! <kuid2:56063:185249:1> VE82: Individual mesh files are not supported for traincar assets. Upgrade '4baycflow 8 hatch_body/icehatch/hatch.im' to a .lm file.
! <kuid2:56063:185249:1> VE39: The texture '4baycflow 8 hatch_shadow/black.tga' is a uniform color.
! <kuid2:56063:185249:1> VE109: The low-detail meshes total more than 500 polygons. This may have a negative impact on performance: 0: 4244

- <kuid2:56063:185249:1> VE44: Tag 'origin' in the container 'traincar' is obsolete.
- <kuid2:56063:185249:1> VE44: Tag 'icon0' in the container 'traincar' is obsolete.
- <kuid2:56063:185249:1> VE44: Tag 'icon0' in the container 'traincar' is obsolete.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

54ft cover hopper

! <kuid:-10:199> VE48: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 3.5 are no longer supported.
! <kuid:-10:199> VE86: Legacy .pm files are no longer supported. Switch to using a .lm file.
! <kuid:-10:199> VE86: Legacy .pm files are no longer supported. Switch to using a .lm file.
! <kuid:-10:199> VE62: Required container 'thumbnails' is missing.
! <kuid:-10:199> VE39: The texture '54ft_covered_hopper_shadow/black.tga' is a uniform color.
! <kuid:-10:199> VE109: The low-detail meshes total more than 500 polygons. This may have a negative impact on performance: 0: 722

- <kuid:-10:199> VE20: Mesh 'load' referenced in 'queues/load0' was not found within the mesh table.

hello builderbob:

I got about 10 of these rolling stock that is messed up like this. hope you can give me a hand on fixing these.

switchmen37

All except the last appear to be warnings only. They are all described here:
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Trainz/AM&C/Fixing_Assets
Note the comment re fixing warnings - it's usually not worth the effort.

The version you have does not appear to be the version on the DLS. You could start by deleting the asset and downloading it again. For instance <kuid:-10:199> has been obsoleted by <kuid:-25:1073> which is built-in and error-free.

If it still shows the load error, then you can right-click, choose Open \ Edit Config File Text, find the section starting 'queues' and in the 'load0' portion of that container remove the line that starts with 'animated-mesh'.

At the same time, remove the 'origin' and 'icon0' lines.

Last edited:
I have 2 missing dependencies that are:

113556:101010 and 13556:101011

its not on the download station so where can I get them?

A Google search revealed that the first one is possibly from a Russian Web site, judging from the fact that most of the discussion about it is in Russian. It also appears to be at least 11 years old. The second one drew a blank.

same post that you have my bad:

544086 belongs to sporbust so maybe if I get in touch with him he might have the unknown kuid 113556:101010and 101011. anyone knows his email address or get in touch some other way.

yeah I looked it up on google 113556 and its web site is checkrail.com which Is not in service right now. I need that dependency for these engines to work other wise I will need to delete them. they are santa fe engines.

switchmen37

Last edited:
I need that dependency for these engines to work other wise I will need to delete them. they are santa fe engines.
Probably not. What assets are affected by these missing assets? What kind are they? Engine specs are easily substituted, even bogeys and interiors in many cases.

hello builderbob:
if this post seems a little confusing it might be is I know it is to me.

the asset is the 54ft hopper that's the title of it has no road name. but my other grain cars need this kuid to make them work. kuid113556:101010 and 11356:101011. I need these 2 kuids the most since they are part of the other grain cars that are now faulty because of these 2 kuids. this is highlighted bacause 2 things I need these 2 kuids and the 54ft hopper is being faulty because of this kuid -10:199. I typed in -25:10737 which gave me more faulty dependencies in the rolling stock. I thought the tane download station contents would be all updated to tane since I do dl from tane.

switchmen37

the asset is the 54ft hopper that's the title of it has no road name. but my other grain cars need this kuid to make them work. kuid113556:101010 and 11356:101011. I need these 2 kuids the most since they are part of the other grain cars that are now faulty because of these 2 kuids. this is highlighted bacause 2 things I need these 2 kuids and the 54ft hopper is being faulty because of this kuid -10:199. I typed in -25:10737 which gave me more faulty dependencies in the rolling stock.
You have mentioned '54ft covered hopper,<kuid:-10:199>' and '4BayCflow Canadian Pacific Rail 115695 LARS,<kuid2:56063:185249:1>', and neither of these has dependencies '<kuid:113556:101010>' or '<kuid:11356:101011>'. (Note that one of these is likely a typo.) You should quote the kuid of the hopper that is now causing a problem.

'54ft covered hopper,<kuid:-10:199>' is obsoleted by '54ft covered hopper,<kuid:-25:1073>' which is built-in for T:ane. Is that what you are referring to as '-25:10737'? If '<kuid:-25:1073>' does not exist on your system then you should contact the help desk, as this implies your system is not up to date or is not installed correctly.

4BayCflow Canadian Pacific Rail 115695 LARS,<kuid2:56063:185249:1> is error-free in T:aNE. If it has errors in your installation you should delete the asset and download it again.

<kuid:113556:101010> is probably a bogey, and if '11356:101011' is really <kuid:113556:101011> then that's likely the other one of a pair of bogeys. You can confirm this by looking in the config.txt file and finding the tag associated with the kuid. If it's a bogey then there is probably a suitable alternative available.

I thought the tane download station contents would be all updated to tane since I do dl from tane.
The download station services all versions of Trainz, not just T:aNE, so there will be some content that is not compatible with T:aNE.

<kuid:113556:101010> acecorona for Sporbust's SD70ACE
<kuid:113556:101011> acecorona for Sporbust's C40-8 Phase II
Both are white coronas.

Peter

I am trying to get several of Ben Neals locomotives to work in TANE SP2, build # 90945. The locomotives in question are his golden spike set, UP #119 and CP # 60, Jupiter. When installed, each loco shows having a faulty dependency. The dependency in question is “inyo_b2,” kuid:96914:50222. When checking this asset for errors or warnings, under “Loading mesh ury21_b2.im” I get the following errors:

VE170: Failed to open compiled texture 'engine_black.texture' for 'arc:fld:$(local)/hash-03||kuid 96914 50222.tzarc|'

VE165: Texture 'engine_black.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'ury21_b2.im', material '*invisbogey*A33F95B*material #1*m.onetex'.

I have attempted to replace this bogey file with several other bogey files, and have managed to actually get the locomotives to work, but they have had some very bizarre wheel arrangements. Otherwise, they look marvelous, and function just fine. Any suggestions on how to correct this issue? Thanks in advance for any help.

VE170: Failed to open compiled texture 'engine_black.texture' for 'arc:fld:$(local)/hash-03||kuid 96914 50222.tzarc|'
VE165: Texture 'engine_black.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'ury21_b2.im', material '*invisbogey*A33F95B*material #1*m.onetex'.
You should be able to fix the bogey by supplying a texture. This will be a texture file 'engine_black.texture.txt' and an image file 'engine_black.tga'. See:
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Train...missing_for_texture_resource_'<texture_name>'.
and several following. Also:
http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:VE165
http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:VE170

Back