Gradients and bridges

PortLineParker

UK Route Builder
Hi all,

Hoping someone can help with this: I'm building the Swanage Railway based on a DEM, and have come across an issue - there are several basic girder bridges on the route that are on a gradient. How have others combatted this? When I put an abutment object, or an abutment trackside object, half of the abutment sticks up through the sleepers. I've tried using splines but haven't found any suitable ones to use (the texture has to be grey stone, Purbeck style).
The picture below shows what I am trying to achieve. The gradient here is 1 in 78:
c1mIhlM.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

PLP

I would think that you would never find an exact bridge like that, and would have to settle for something similar like "EBT Underpass" and apply your own separate handrails, and fudge the tracks so that they go up the grade, as the static bridge would be flat on a 0.00% grade

I would probably consider contacting the creators of the abutments and very kindly ask them if they would consider making a set at the grade you are looking for. You might just get lucky (as I doubt it is a huge adjustment to the already existing mesh).
Or just make them myself if I really can't have the bridge be at 0% in that spot.

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help with this: I'm building the Swanage Railway based on a DEM, and have come across an issue - there are several basic girder bridges on the route that are on a gradient. How have others combatted this? When I put an abutment object, or an abutment trackside object, half of the abutment sticks up through the sleepers. I've tried using splines but haven't found any suitable ones to use (the texture has to be grey stone, Purbeck style).
The picture below shows what I am trying to achieve. The gradient here is 1 in 78:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

PLP

Whenever I need to place a bridge on a gradient, I always use a "Trackside Mode" bridge which attaches to whatever track you are using.

There are heaps of them listed - do a search on Content Manager, or just go to Trackside mode and type in bridge.

<kuid2:49869:28134:1> CGM bridge concrete dual 01
<kuid2:49869:28135:1> CGM bridge concrete single 01
<kuid2:49869:28131:1> CGM bridge stone dual 01
<kuid:46162:1135> Bridge DC-Ploucnice 2
<kuid:46162:1136> Bridge DC-Ploucnice 3

Check out some of the FMA splined bridges and viaducts. These are placed as separate lengths under your track can be adjusted to the gradient as necessary. His stone arch type in particular do no look entirely out of place for the Purbeck area.

Back