problem with new update

stocky36

I just downloaded latest update sp2 and now I cannot direct my trains to a destination when I click on drive to I get this message "caching menu options, please wait" and nothing happens. HELP PLease

Just tried it on my SP2 update. "Drive To" worked without any problems.

Did you restart Trainz completely after installing the update?

PS: It might be better to post this problem in the TANE forum official SP2 thread

Last edited:
I found out that I lost all my portal objects, causing navigation to respond Path Not Found.

Another poster mentioned this problem as well in the General Trains forum. Have other people encountered this? I certainly don't want to have to re-create something like 30 portals, each with anywhere from 2 to 10 schedules. Or was this a specific portal that doesn't work in SP2?

--Lamont

I just downloaded latest update sp2 and now I cannot direct my trains to a destination when I click on drive to I get this message "caching menu options, please wait" and nothing happens. HELP PLease

Hi stocky
I have the same problem with my own large layout.
Existing 'Drive/Navigate to' still work fine, but if I try to add a new Drive/Navigate command to a schedule, I also get the 'caching ... wait' message.
I've solved my problem by using pguy's DriveToStation v2 for any new commands.
H

I recently bought Tane SP2. On a 3x24 layout I suddenly and irrevocably lost all my portals. I also lost the "connectors" for some of my objects like Container Industry. If it happens again, I'll go back to Trainz 2010. Also, I am going to be saving versions often with different names.

This caching message will appear if there's something in the named object table which isn't loaded. That could be caused by missing dependencies, but could possibly be some corruption/something not importing correctly from SP1

We've fixed the Drive to and Navigate commands to solve this (so it will be fixed in the next update).

Regarding losing portals, which type of portals are you using? Please submit the details in a bug port using this link.

Back