Route crashes to desktop

Yes and yes. I disabled ALL "downloaded from dls" content and was able to cruise around the route with no crash (so far, and it's still open). This would indicate some piece of content is causing it. Re-enabling now a few at a time. Tedious, but effective, I hope.

Bill

Yes and yes. I disabled ALL "downloaded from dls" content and was able to cruise around the route with no crash (so far, and it's still open). This would indicate some piece of content is causing it. Re-enabling now a few at a time. Tedious, but effective, I hope.

Bill

Congrats.......

I'm almost sorry I got my route back. it's a shadow of its former self. Tons of orange boxes for items that are NOT missing, but fail to show. I can "get" them and they can be placed down, but the orange boxes remain.THis means replacement one by one. A lot of the textures are missing (grid patterns showing, but not the texture). If I "get" them, they remain just grid textures and not what they're supposed to be. The primary culprit seemed to be an ordinary 4-way intersection which, once I disabled it, allowed the route to be worked on. The odd thing is once I deleted it from the route, I could place it once more and the route remained stable. There was no error with the content at any time. I may end up kicking this off TS2019 and going back to TANE where I first developed it.

Thanks for all the help.

Bill

I realize that. Have been doing it for years. But, in this case, they are not really missing. They are there in CM and they can be 'gotten" using the tool, and replace the orange box every time. For some reason, the orange box is erroneously being applied to a viable piece of content. Hand-picking each one and lifting/turning the replacement to fit it back into place is time consuming and not necessary if the game would only realize the content is there and show it.

Bill

I used two versions of TRS19 - SP1 and SP5. In addition, I also had 2009, 2010, 2012 and TANE installed, but I used those from time to time. All versions worked fine for me until I purchased the Platinum version. I installed it alongside the SP5 version and then made an exact copy of the local folder. And that worked too. Surprisingly, this old version of SP5 took over the Platinum name and I now had two installations of TRS19 Platinum. And then something started to go wrong. Sometimes the routes were loading ok and sometimes there was a reset to the desktop. I even posted here on the forum that this version is underdeveloped. I was advised to do a brand new install of Platinum and not move the old Local folder. So I did and imported some of my routes as a test. They were flawless and all the assets too. And after this installation, I couldn't start the surveyor at all and the driver reset after several seconds.
I thought a lot about the reason for this and looked at the Win10 registry. And there it turned out that there were several TRS19 entries, and they referred to different locations on the disks. I will add that I had 4 TRS19 installations at that time! I decided to uninstall both and leave SP1 and SP5 renamed to Platinum. Then I cleaned the Win10 registry. And it has improved the situation enough that I can edit maps and Trainz does not reset.
So I believe these instabilities were due to registry errors, and I advise you to check your system for this as well. A separate issue is the fact that TRS19 is underdeveloped and probably will not be. After all, we already have the TRS22 and this version must be sold.

I'm almost sorry I got my route back. it's a shadow of its former self. Tons of orange boxes for items that are NOT missing, but fail to show. I can "get" them and they can be placed down, but the orange boxes remain.THis means replacement one by one. A lot of the textures are missing (grid patterns showing, but not the texture). If I "get" them, they remain just grid textures and not what they're supposed to be. The primary culprit seemed to be an ordinary 4-way intersection which, once I disabled it, allowed the route to be worked on. The odd thing is once I deleted it from the route, I could place it once more and the route remained stable. There was no error with the content at any time. I may end up kicking this off TS2019 and going back to TANE where I first developed it.

Thanks for all the help.

Bill

If you still have those orange wireframe boxes, make sure you have enabled all your disabled content. I've made that mistake before myself.

If there has been a CTD, I'll perform a DBR to clean up any indexing issues with the database. I noticed that helps substantially with errors. If the CTD is reoccurring, I'll clear the cache/libraries and cache/internet folders as well unless this was shortly after installing new content, then I'll do the process of elimination procedure.

Thanks, John. I've done all that and apparently found the one piece (of 432) content that was causing the crash. It was a 4-way road junction, which would have been fine, if the underlaying invisible roads hadn't become faulty. None of my scans showed this faulty condition and the placement of a new junction, after replacing the invisible road with another one, worked just fine. I am now able to work on the route with no crash. The odd thing is, I'd used this junction on other routes and they didn't crash.

Bi;;

Back