No path to selected destination errror message

Railhead001

I have a sanding tower (industry loaded with sand) that shows up when I select the "navigate to" command but after checking all tracks are lined up correctly I receive a "no path to selected destination" error message after selecting it. Can someone please tell me how to correct the situation...do I need a track marker even though the tower shows up ?

RH001

If you have not yet, "Drive" the route. If you derail you will have found the problem. Reconnect the "broken" track.

I have driven the route and no derailment occurs but if you look at the pix below you will see it is not aligned 100%, the asset is from HP Trainz and is not height adjustable...

One thing to look for is the colour of the track spline joints. Assuming you have set all your spline point heights then they should be showing pure yellow. If any spline joints are showing white (or more likely - white and yellow) then reset their heights until they are showing pure yellow. A mixed yellow and white joint can pass the drive over test without causing a derailment.

Certainly, check the spline heights at any fixed track joint. You may have to adjust the terrain height to get a non height adjustable asset to the correct height.

The slight misalignment of the track gauges will not matter. Trainz actually ignores the track gauge so you can actually run narrow gauge trains over standard gauge track.

Last edited:
One thing to look for is the colour of the track spline joints. Assuming you have set all your spline point heights then they should be showing pure yellow. If any spline joints are showing white (or more likely - white and yellow) then reset their heights until they are showing pure yellow. A mixed yellow and white joint can pass the drive over test without causing a derailment.

Certainly, check the spline heights at any fixed track joint. You may have to adjust the terrain height to get a non height adjustable asset to the correct height.

The slight misalignment of the track gauges will not matter. Trainz actually ignores the track gauge so you can actually run narrow gauge trains over standard gauge track.

Thank you so much for the information............that helps me a lot in figuring this issue out. I sent the asset author a note regarding if he can release the tower with the ability to adjust its height, currently you cant.

Disconnect and reconnect the tracks. The track usually changes when you connect a track to it.
It also looks like the asset is actually sitting on top of the track. I have come across this where stations have been built with extra invisible platforms.
Cheers,
Mike

Last edited:
I have to agree with Mike.
It looks like you have the track running under the interactive track, rather than connected to it (either by accident or by design).

If this is the case, split the track each end, delete the piece of track under the industry, and connect the spline points to the industry.

Smiley.

Actually in T;ANE industry spline points do not turn yellow. Also you can adjust the height by changing the height of the terrain under the industry.

Cheers,
Bill69

I agree it looks like the track isn't connected.

The track is not a different gauge, it's just the old chunky mesh track which was slightly out of gauge/scale, and looked more like old Lionel 027 rails, which are round tubes rather than t-rail.

If you want you can clone the asset, if it's not a built-in one, and add in

height-range min,max

i.e. -10,10

This will allow you to adjust the height of the asset without needing to adjust the terrain underneath. There are caveats of course such as spaces under the asset because it's no longer on the terrain, but that can be filled in using retaining walls, concrete pads, etc.

Have you tried removing the junction in the bottom picture?

No, did not try moving the junction but the issue is a little more involved. Because the layout came with TMR17 and is considered "payware" defacto", I can't edit the tracks nor change the ground elevation. On top of that the asset itself is not height adjustable but what I can do is put a track marker where the tower is and use the quick load feature which I have already successfully done. Really lame you can't edit the routes you purchased like the original Trainz. Would also like to be able to turn off the traffic so the cars don't drive through RR crossings when Trains come...very realistic effect, lol. To much of a hurry to stop I guess...but I did learn a lot from this posting on what to do with other routes that are editable if I run into the same issue. I can't thank you all enough for your suggestions and information.

RH001

No, did not try moving the junction but the issue is a little more involved. Because the layout came with TMR17 and is considered "payware" defacto", I can't edit the tracks nor change the ground elevation. On top of that the asset itself is not height adjustable but what I can do is put a track marker where the tower is and use the quick load feature which I have already successfully done. Really lame you can't edit the routes you purchased like the original Trainz. Would also like to be able to turn off the traffic so the cars don't drive through RR crossings when Trains come...very realistic effect, lol. To much of a hurry to stop I guess...but I did learn a lot from this posting on what to do with other routes that are editable if I run into the same issue. I can't thank you all enough for your suggestions and information.

RH001

When you say you can't edit the tracks, how did you insert the sanding station? Did you just set it on top of the track, that will never work correctly, you have to connect the track on each end of the asset, the asset will then change it's track to match to the track type you have connected with to visually show it is now connected, also make it aesthetically pleasing. To change the elevation of that kind of asset you adjust the ground height beneath it, so you will probably not be able to in the route you are using.

If that route does not allow editing of track, I think your doomed to not be able to make the sanding asset function correctly without using the track marker workaround.

I agree with the above post stating that that junction should not be there also, a junction without a spur will just cause problems with the AI trains from my experiences.

With the road traffic there are some great assets named XING that have everything set up to connect roads and tracks to that do it all, stop traffic, lower the barriers, ring bells, and have adjustable settings. You will need to start playing around with an fully editable route, or start making a new route on your own, you seem to have a real talent for detail, I think you could make a real nice route on your own IMO.

Last edited:
Back