Anyone know what " Power Station Rule " actually does ?

I've been running some tests and I can't see much effect on my passenger stations !

I purposely reduced the amount of coal to start at the Power Station.

Then I called up the box that shows passengers produced at my first station and when the power station ran out of coal, I got the message that " Shelby Station is currently unable to operate " but it still produced passengers and my trains were able to load them.

I used the command to instantly emit from the nearby portal to have train after train stop at that station and the station seems to be still operating.

I know the description said that not all industries would work with it but I thought that the message changing from " Station Operating " to " Station unable to operate " was an indication that this combination would work.

I want to test some "more conventional" industries but not all keep a running tally of commodities amount in the industry properties box that is displayed by " CTRL/click" and on top of that, in my build N3V had limited the access to commodities " Detail " to one time per drive which prevents me from calling up the information repeatedly.

I did notice that when I checked a couple industries by taking a train to them, they still loaded what commodity that had previously been produced before the Power Station ran out of coal.

So, does the Rule actually do anything or not? I think it has been dropped from the DLS and I had to go back to an old install to get it and then copy it into my build.

Wild Willy the Wacko

It's supposed to stop other industries from working if the power station runs out of coal. It is only guaranteed to work with the original Auran industries, or those using the same scripts. So these ones according to the TRS2006 guidance.

"Airport", "Airport Basic", "Coal Mine", "Coal Mine Basic", "Container Station", "Container Station Basic", "Forestry", "Forestry Basic", "Hyde Pulp Mill", "Lumber Mill", "Lumber Mill Basic", "Multiple Industry", "Multiple Industry basic", "Multiple Industry New", "Oil Field", "Oil Field Basic", "Oil Refinery", "Oil Refinery Basic", "Powerstation", "Powerstation Basic", "Seaport",
"Seaport Basic" and "Steam Filling Station".

It's supposed to stop other industries from working if the power station runs out of coal. It is only guaranteed to work with the original Auran industries, or those using the same scripts. So these ones according to the TRS2006 guidance.

"Airport", "Airport Basic", "Coal Mine", "Coal Mine Basic", "Container Station", "Container Station Basic", "Forestry", "Forestry Basic", "Hyde Pulp Mill", "Lumber Mill", "Lumber Mill Basic", "Multiple Industry", "Multiple Industry basic", "Multiple Industry New", "Oil Field", "Oil Field Basic", "Oil Refinery", "Oil Refinery Basic", "Powerstation", "Powerstation Basic", "Seaport",
"Seaport Basic" and "Steam Filling Station".

Thanks, I printed this out so I can take a closer look at what I got and if it's worth dealing with.

Willy

Back