Transfers from MSTS

josephlaban

Trainz Player
Hi members of Trainz community. I have a quick question. Is it possible to have a train made for MSTS, and edit it so it can work in Trainz? I believe so, because a certain Reading 4-4-0 Camelback on the DLS is one of these. If someone knows how can they tell me. I am interested because MSTS has a gold mine in the form of Western Pacific Steam loco's. they have essentially every model except the 4-6-6-4. Also, CV 2-10-4's are there, Baldwin Centipede's. A whole lotta stuff

It's possible but very tricky. If it's not your MSTS item you will need permission from whoever the MSTS item is created by.

In addition to this, you will also need the original source files - the compiled ones will not suffice as they are likely to be incompatible.

Shane

Short answer is No.

Long answer is you have to be a content creator in the first place to do it.

Plus see what Shane wrote up there ^.

Why? there is a lots and lots of content here in Trainz. Some payware and some freeware. K&L make some great steam that I like.

As for routes well make your favorite if someone hasn't already done it.

I'm fairly sure you would need to have the Max files and textures of the model in question as Trainz has its own exporter for 3Ds Max and Blender.

MSTS has the bogeys as part of the body mesh, Trainz has them as separate meshes. The cabs are completely deferent. MSTS had a limit of 10,000 polys per loco and I know of one DLC loco that has over 500,000.

Ya know guys this subject seems to come up every month or so and the answer is always the same. Yes it can be done but the difficulty involved almost makes it easier to make it yourself and forget converting the MSTS item.

Sometimes I think this subject needs to be a sticky.

Ben

Many of the MSTS creators use 3dCrafterPro, in which case, even if they were to provide the original mesh which is extremely unlikely, without buying 3dcrafterPro and learning how to use it, you are on a road to nowhere.

one MSTS item that should be converted should be the built in HHP-8 because no one has made a HHP-8 in the 7 years since connyxy left the community and deleted her stuff

one MSTS item that should be converted should be the built in HHP-8 because no one has made a HHP-8 in the 7 years since connyxy left the community and deleted her stuff

Really?

REALLY?

Have you not read this thread?

As for Connyxy deleting her stuff... perhaps you should research the story as to why she left the North American content scene.... it was because of some remarks by an ungrateful gimmie pig and a few other community members.

And yes, I did this in Comic sans just to be ironic. Deal with it.

Back