Payware on startup

Robertbc6

When I start TMR (build 85470), I show 3 payware assets to download. I would guess that they are probably routes, but I'm not sure. Each has 5 parts. the 3 assets are listed as sc274, sc298, and sc367. Does anyone have an idea what these are?

Bob

Would all 3 of them be for Settle & Carlisle, and why are they appearing in TMR? SnC certainly is NOT a model railroad!

Bob

However it is based on TANE and will run TANE DLC. Just turn of the autoupdate of DLC in the settings which I presume is the same as TANE.

As I just finally got a change to install TMR2017, I can tell you that some (or all) are routes found in TANE-Dlx.
I had 8 package to download; One of them was the Milwaukee Road, another one the Bidye Traction Railroad. Funny enough both downloaded without the sessions, so I guess I still (among other things) need to keep TANE installed for that.

I hope to find some time to actually play with Trainz again soon as the last 2 months I have not done much more than download asset updates every now and then (and forum stuff).

As I just finally got a change to install TMR2017, I can tell you that some (or all) are routes found in TANE-Dlx.
I had 8 package to download; One of them was the Milwaukee Road, another one the Bidye Traction Railroad. Funny enough both downloaded without the sessions, so I guess I still (among other things) need to keep TANE installed for that.

I hope to find some time to actually play with Trainz again soon as the last 2 months I have not done much more than download asset updates every now and then (and forum stuff).

Hi.
If you own TANE, then the TANE routes will be presented for you to download into TMR (we're finalising the remaining routes now).
If you want to keep your "Model" railroads separate, you can go to:
Main Menu > General Settings > Automatically Download DLC updates and untick it.
You can then tick it if you do purchase some DLC that you wish to download and select those items you wish to download (i.e. don't choose Download All if you don't want the TANE routes).

Regarding the sessions - I'm pretty sure if you restart they will be there (known issue - fixed internally).

Regarding these not being "model" layouts, we have decided that the pros outweigh the cons when it comes to providing choice. People who want to combine things can, and people who don't want to have a way not to combine. If we don't make these available, then there is no way to get the TANE routes into TMR.

Also note that you can minimize the download window, carry on with your session as normal. If you try to close the game window you will get a prompt telling you active downloads are in progress.

I hope that makes things clearer.

Last edited:
Back