Assets payware errors

peeet2005

Hello!
Maybe this has already been discussed but I couldn't find it on the forum. I recently purchased a TRS22 and decided to transfer some routes from the TRS19 to it. Everything went OK, but I have a problem with several Payware-type add-ons that show errors and cannot be repaired. These are simple errors with *.texture files that are not responsive to the Images2TGA program. Maybe someone has already figured it out and will reveal the secret? ;-)

i think you have to download the payware to 22 from the store or something not make CDP.s of it and install it that way. The texture errors occur in built in content that is simply moved over by cdp.

Dear colleagues. I can't find anywhere a reasonable reason why you can't use add-ons used in purchased or built-in e.g. T:ANE - in other newer versions of Trainz (TRS19, TS22). More specifically, it concerns transferred additions in the form of *.cdp files and subsequent problems with their correctness.
This is strange because in a given version of Trainz you can use the add-on freely, but why I can't use it in another version - I have no idea. As I found out, I can also use most of these add-ons, but only if I install the appropriate routes. These routes are available in the Content Store and are even free. So I have to download them for free even though I will never use them. These are archival and uninteresting routes. To sum up, I have to install routes with paid add-ons for free - it makes no sense :D

Dear colleagues. I can't find anywhere a reasonable reason why you can't use add-ons used in purchased or built-in e.g. T:ANE - in other newer versions of Trainz (TRS19, TS22). More specifically, it concerns transferred additions in the form of *.cdp files and subsequent problems with their correctness.
This is strange because in a given version of Trainz you can use the add-on freely, but why I can't use it in another version - I have no idea. As I found out, I can also use most of these add-ons, but only if I install the appropriate routes. These routes are available in the Content Store and are even free. So I have to download them for free even though I will never use them. These are archival and uninteresting routes. To sum up, I have to install routes with paid add-ons for free - it makes no sense :D

This is because assets are included in the packages with the routes. There may be versions of the assets on the DLS but that's not always the case. You can hide the routes in Content Manager while leaving assets available for use in Content Manager, by creating a customer filter.

Where you see Install, click on the small arrow to the left of that.

Install will be repeated with True on the right.

Click on the + found on the far right.

A new line will show with something random... Usually, Asset Kuid but not always.

Click on what shows and scroll the list until you see Packaged.

Click on the + again

Change the random item again to Category.
On the right, scroll that until you see Route.

You should see only packaged routes.

Select the routes you want to hide.

On the menu bar, click on Content and then click on Disable.

This will hide the route from your selection and should leave the assets available for use.

If you ever want to use the routes, you can enable them by searching for disabled and re-enable them again.

It makes perfect sense. It is the combination of N3V's requirement that all DLC be self contained so that the user doesn't need to download items from the DLS and the copy protection scheme used to protect payware from being pirated.

You can install purchases from TANE & TRS19 into TRS22/TRS22PE

If your purchases are NOT listed in TRS22/PE content store under purchased, you will need to note down a special unique 4 digit number that you find on Steam. Using either TANE or TRS19 content store, hint double clicking to open the menu you would see a code like xxxxxxxxxx_1234_x you would need to write down each '1234' code, don't share this with ANYONE! It's a unique purchase code which Stream provided to you, but it is used in Trainz, if that all makes sense!! It's the long way of doing it....

Or.. The easy way... Just backup from TANE and/or TRS19 in a RAR file 'Don't use ZIP' whatever you do. Back up these files Local, Original and Packages then install them to your TRS22 local data path, rebuild database 'NO problem' ;) Optional, you can uninstall versions of routes that you don't want installed and use either TRS19 or TRS22 versions.

I don't know where the assumption comes from that I have the version purchased on Steam. I've never been there and I probably won't buy anything there. I have all versions of Trainz purchased from the Trainz Store.
Maybe I didn't write clearly earlier, but I already managed to install the routes in which payware "incorrect dependencies" were used. After this operation, all incorrect dependencies are now correct. Of course, I disabled these unused routes in CM and it's OK.
My only point was that I didn't really see the point of making such difficulties with these additions. Since the routes are free, the extras on them should not be paid. If an author of such an asset believes that his add-on should be paid, he should make it available somewhere else and not as a DLC. Especially since the ones I wrote about were not very sophisticated. A lot of very refined assets are available on Polish websites and no one there states that they are paid. Let's be realistic and the possible piracy that we are fighting against among Tainz users is rather a small margin.

I don't know where the assumption comes from that I have the version purchased on Steam. I've never been there and I probably won't buy anything there. I have all versions of Trainz purchased from the Trainz Store.
Maybe I didn't write clearly earlier, but I already managed to install the routes in which payware "incorrect dependencies" were used. After this operation, all incorrect dependencies are now correct. Of course, I disabled these unused routes in CM and it's OK.
My only point was that I didn't really see the point of making such difficulties with these additions. Since the routes are free, the extras on them should not be paid. If an author of such an asset believes that his add-on should be paid, he should make it available somewhere else and not as a DLC. Especially since the ones I wrote about were not very sophisticated. A lot of very refined assets are available on Polish websites and no one there states that they are paid. Let's be realistic and the possible piracy that we are fighting against among Tainz users is rather a small margin.

The assets are included in the packages to make an all-inclusive download so that users do not have to go to the DLS for any additional assets. Most of these assets are available on the DLS as well. The only assets that will not be on the DLS are custom assets created specifically for the routes. The exception to this is for passenger coaches, freight wagons, and locomotives.

Back